RIP Sports Illustrated

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
First car was a '67 Fairlane 500 convertible with a 390. The previous owner stuck a portable stove behind the driver seat bench to account for a busted hinge. I opened the hood one day to gas spewing straight up in the air from a leak. It's a wonder I'm here to share the details.

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
Rumor has it that this cover singlehandedly took down SI.

58cd5f721dce0672a591a764bc864dc8.jpg
You sick fcuk.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
i got an old CJ-7 jeep at 15 years old. would run and drive but was in real rough condition. spent an entire year rebuilding the engine, body, suspension, etc. Completed it 2 weeks before i turned 16. Went from a rust bucket to a head turner. 5" lift, 32x12.50's, roll bar and headlights, outdoor stereo an speakers, metallic mint blue paint... it was cherry. it was fun but drove like a tank, even with the power steering pump installed. got a lot of chicks though, and was fun as heck at the clay pits.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
And we also had a 63 or 4 Fairlane when I was in elementary school. Out in the boonies of NW Palatka where we lived it was still kinda open range after moving there. Clear memory....we were on the way to the Halloween carnival at school. Mom had baked all manner of pies and cakes for the cake walk, they were still cooling off and sitting on the back seat next to me. It was already sorta dark, as I remember, and my mom hit this cow that was standing partially in the road. Detroit steel won. Loud bam, head shot, cow's butt swung around and crapped all over the back window, baked goods went upside down in the floor board, car went to the roadside clacking loudly from the fan hitting. Another family happened by, picked us up and we went to the carnival with slightly smushed cakes and pies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And we also had a 63 or 4 Fairlane when I was in elementary school. Out in the boonies of NW Palatka where we lived it was still kinda open range after moving there. Clear memory....we were on the way to the Halloween carnival at school. Mom had baked all manner of pies and cakes for the cake walk, they were still cooling off and sitting on the back seat next to me. It was already sorta dark, as I remember, and my mom hit this cow that was standing partially in the road. Detroit steel won. Loud bam, head shot, cow's butt swung around and crapped all over the back window, baked goods went upside down in the floor board, car went to the roadside clacking loudly from the fan hitting. Another family happened by, picked us up and we went to the carnival with slightly smushed cakes and pies.
Any sign of Corch's girlfriend's daddy during this "cow" wreck? Probably the same ditch, no doubt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator