Ron Zook is on LSU’s radar for the DC position

Gator Wray

Big Member
Nov 21, 2014
Green Bay Packers assistant special teams coach Ron Zook is on LSU’s radar for the defensive coordinator job. Zook is the former head coach at Florida and Illinois.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, please let this happen, with him at LSU and Schotty at UGA... that would be awesome.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Wray;n147904 said:
Green Bay Packers assistant special teams coach Ron Zook is on LSU’s radar for the defensive coordinator job. Zook is the former head coach at Florida and Illinois.

He could also service their banking and janitorial needs. Seems like a slam dunk

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Gator Wray;n147904 said:

He was?

In reality, Zook and Miles might make things fun to watch.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I hope this is true.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
That would be a lot of fun for the league.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Zooker = crappy coach, but helluva recruiter. He and the Hatter will do some damage on the recruiting trail.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
lsu being the only actual real football school in the state recruits itself... any coach that knows his @ss from a hole in the ground would clean up in that state. As a matter of fact, they do well more in spite of miles and his bumbling bunch of bafoons than because of them. As bad as our offense has been, theirs has been nearly as dreadful, and for twice as long.

Dec 10, 2014
Durty South Swamp;n147933 said:
lsu being the only actual real football school in the state recruits itself... any coach that knows his @ss from a hole in the ground would clean up in that state. As a matter of fact, they do well more in spite of miles and his bumbling bunch of bafoons than because of them. As bad as our offense has been, theirs has been nearly as dreadful, and for twice as long.

This.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Wish he would've been there the past 4 years. He was always terrible on 3rd and longs, and that was a staple of our offense.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n147933 said:

What was the deal with them during the Spurrier years. It seemed like they never had teams for the most part like they do under Miles?

I guess I should say pre Nick Saban

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Gator Fever;n147998 said:
What was the deal with them during the Spurrier years. It seemed like they never had teams for the most part like they do under Miles?

Dinardo was their Muschamp.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Ehhh... i would say lsu having teams under miles is a very debatable statement. They get a lot of recognition in early season rankings, but for all the ridiculously loaded rosters they've had, the best they could ever do under miles was become the lousiest title winner in the modern football era. Losing two games including their last season game at home to unranked arkie. Any coach with with common sense would be competing for titles regularly at that school.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n148017 said:
Ehhh... i would say lsu having teams under miles is a very debatable statement. They get a lot of recognition in early season rankings, but for all the ridiculously loaded rosters they've had, the best they could ever do under miles was become the lousiest title winner in the modern football era. Losing two games including their last season game at home to unranked arkie. Any coach with with common sense would be competing for titles regularly at that school.

He seems to do pretty good considering all the NFL guys that team loses every other year it seems but that shows he is getting real good talent. He is the luckiest coach I have ever seen also.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n148025 said:
He seems to do pretty good considering all the NFL guys that team loses every other year it seems but that shows he is getting real good talent. He is the luckiest coach I have ever seen also.

With all those NFL guys what has he produced? One national title in a down year? He usually has better talent then all but one or two teams they play every year, but yet can't get over the hump.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Zook was an absolute dumpster fire as a DC in both college and the NFL. It's baffling this would even be considered. If you want Zook for recruiting, than you hire him as a position coach, not your DC.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Les Miles and Zook combined would equal the IQ of a cement block. This would be the beginning of the end for LSU.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
One eats grass and the other a dumba$$. I would love for this to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.