Roster management

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't we have a converted WR start for us in 2006? Haden was supposed to play WR for us. Dunbar should've been moved while here.

No
No
Dunbar is one of few good examples I've seen. Keep me coming if you have them.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
What name did I call you? Merely asking questions based on observations.

I didn't say you namecalled :dunno:

I was stating that the debate we were having was a relatively healthy debate with no namecalling. Didn't see what was wrong with that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Can't handle a healthy debate with no namecalling, huh? Maybe mommy coddled you too much growing up :grin:
Jay's mom didn't cuddle him but she sure as hell wanted to cuddle me. I told her I was done and to make me a sandwich.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
This staff does a very good job of recruiting DE.

They do a good job of bringing in solid guys at DT but they don't bring on enough guys. This is going to end up costing us a couple games down the road when we just don't have the depth to lineup against power running teams who will exhaust us late in the game. The only way to offset this is to have a power offense. Which we do not have yet.

They've actually brought in a couple guys at linebacker who I didn't think would be world beaters and I was worried about us really struggling at that position - but the kids they brought on have been pretty good.

DB has been a bit of a dumpster fire though. And I'm not sure why. I think we are going to really struggle on the corners this year. It may look a lot like 2007. Either Henderson or Wilson (or both) are going to have to come in to lock down a spot. with our reputation regarding that position, this should've never happened.
None of the DEs. We've signed have done anything. Cece hasn't lived up to his 5*. Davis, Zuniga, Polite are situational players. Ancrum, Smith, Clayton haven't done a thing.I completely disagree wrt to DT. This will be the least talented DT group in a decade. This defense won't look like 2007 at all. That team had NFL talent and a great defensive coaching staff it was young. This team is like Miami defenses when RS was the HC lacking talent and great coaching. I expect this defense to be between 40-60th in total D and give up a ton of points.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Read the article FakeNewsJay

All I need to know is in the below:

IMG_4691.PNG

Played both ways in high school, was recruited as an "athlete" and started as a DB as a freshman.

#RealNews

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
All I need to know is in the below:

Played both ways in high school, was recruited as an "athlete" and started as a DB as a freshman.

#RealNews
@Swamp Donkey was right, remember that in future arguments.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
None of the DEs. We've signed have done anything. Cece hasn't lived up to his 5*. Davis, Zuniga, Polite are situational players. Ancrum, Smith, Clayton haven't done a thing.I completely disagree wrt to DT. This will be the least talented DT group in a decade. This defense won't look like 2007 at all. That team had NFL talent and a great defensive coaching staff it was young. This team is like Miami defenses when RS was the HC lacking talent and great coaching. I expect this defense to be between 40-60th in total D and give up a ton of points.

Let Cece play his natural position for a year and we'll see what he does, up to this point he's done what the coaching staff has asked of him. The only reason we had 2 points against clown U 2 years ago was because of him. I think Cece will have a good year this year, if used right. The guy is a team player and unselfish, what more could you want?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator