RUMOR: Florida will beat Ole Miss this week

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Law has this strategy down to a science. Make predictions that we're awful, we're going to suck, and we're going to lose. And then when we don't, say "Hey I'm thrilled to be wrong! Go Gators!" :rolleyes:

It's a way of making predictions and never having to eat crow no matter what happens. Step out on a limb for once.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp at night ... individual match-ups aren't ranked ... Gator run game gets going ... return ST finally clicks !
We'll play much better than Vandy ... our receiving-crew gels in total ... Grier plays his best complete game !
Gators Win ! Ohh Myy !

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You're late to the party, we're going undefeated!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Ride this as long as we can and continue the road to respect. Queue the "I believe" chant.

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
VulcanAlex;n286778 said:
It is not impossible, but we will need much better play in all three phases of the game. Tape from the Vandy game will be interesting to see.

Shut down their passing game. Can they run?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n286929 said:
You're late to the party, we're going undefeated!

If that happened, JMac would get the "Coach of the Century" award.:lol:

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n286917 said:
Law has this strategy down to a science. Make predictions that we're awful, we're going to suck, and we're going to lose. And then when we don't, say "Hey I'm thrilled to be wrong! Go Gators!" :rolleyes:

It's a way of making predictions and never having to eat crow no matter what happens. Step out on a limb for once.

Lawyers... God bless their pointy little untrustworthy heads :blahblah:

:cool:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ole miss doesn't have the running game to beat us this year, if there's a team in the top 5 we match up well with, it's ole miss . Anybody else remember vh3 locking down Treadwell in the ua game?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
kepler;n286779 said:
Why not, I don't care what they're ranked, its OLE MISS! Gators get it done in the swamp.

When is that last time we beat them? I'm having trouble remembering any victories over them or Cowbell. It's inexplicable but they have our number. Did we win in the 90s?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n286917 said:
How many times have I predicted we will be "awful"? This is the only year I've predicted worse than 7-5. Even the 4-8 year, I predicted 7 or 8 wins.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n287003 said:
When is that last time we beat them? I'm having trouble remembering any victories over them or Cowbell. It's inexplicable but they have our number. Did we win in the 90s?
The year before the tebow speech , we went to Oxford and barely escaped with a w. But we won. I believe it was 07. I was there, the grove is a hell of a tailgate.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n287003 said:

We beat them in 2007 at their place.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Here's what I see .
grier has confidence now, that's dangerous for a gunslinger in a good way. As long as the d dies their part . We win

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
rogdochar;n286922 said:
Swamp at night ... individual match-ups aren't ranked ... Gator run game gets going ... return ST finally clicks !
We'll play much better than Vandy ... our receiving-crew gels in total ... Grier plays his best complete game !
Gators Win ! Ohh Myy !

Dearest Mr ROD: Your prediction is much more palatable. Mr OX, who I love like a redheaded step-child, is braggadocios... almost nolish like. That said, if he's right, I'll owe him hugs & kisses for life! :whistle:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I feel like this team, as young and as inexperienced as they are, have an ability to overcome their mistakes.
The key moving forward this season is making less mistakes to overcome.
Tackling absolutely, without a doubt HAS to improve.
Next weeks matchups will be interesting l think. I think Tenn ground game might be better than Ole Miss, but obviously their passing game is much better than Tenn. Part of the reason Vandy hung around was Ole Miss mistakes. We will need to keep pressure on them and cause Ole Miss to make mistakes again. If we can be +2 in TOs against them, I think we can win, but again, tackling MUST improve.

I feel like our offense is starting to find itself. The offensive line, again, still has work to do, but they may be gelling before our very eyes.

I feel strongly that this is at minimum, an 8 win team, however, I feel we have a great shot at being a 10 win team, this season. The raw talent is there, coupled with the general weakness of the league overall. These guys are fighting for wins. They don't quit. I'm pretty excited about this game coming up against Ole Miss, but I need to look some more at their previous games and matchups.

It's clear to me that we are playing to our opponents, so why not again next week ;)

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
T REX;n286936 said:
Ride this as long as we can and continue the road to respect. Queue the "I believe" chant.

Ox believes. Zambo and his poo finger believes. The team believes. Many believe.

and I...

I Believe
I Believe That
I Believe That We
I Believe That We Will
I Believe That We Will Win
I BELIEVE That We Will Win
I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN!!!!!

(courtesy of USMNT soccer fans)

Now, let's have some Kool Aid and enjoy the ride for a few days.

Attachments

• conv_4658.jpg
    conv_4658.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 14

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know what our offensive line is going to do with their defensive line. I think as a defense, if we keep them from scoring on fluke plays like they did against Bama, we can hold them in check. They have an absurdly talented WR corps, though, and they'll make us pay dearly if we have any blown assignments. If we can somehow fix the tackling problem, we can definitely hold their run game in check and make them one-dimensional. Special teams also need to get better, and get better in a hurry.

Don't get too caught up in Ole Miss struggling against Vandy, they were due for a letdown after the Bama game and before playing us. I'm not dreading this game quite as much as I was a week ago, but it's going to take a Herculean effort to beat these guys.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
t-gator;n287006 said:
The year before the tebow speech , we went to Oxford and barely escaped with a w. But we won. I believe it was 07. I was there, the grove is a hell of a tailgate.

I was there. Tebow's mom was sitting in front of us and then left after a bit. Lotta fans were ragging on Tim if you can believe that. The Grove is a helluva a place to tailgate though.
But 'ole piss has had our number otherwise. But when they beat us when we should beat the snot out of them. I like the way this is set up for a reversal of karma.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Ole Miss scored 43 points to beat Bama in Tuscaloosa 2 weeks ago. Them Mississipuh folks are gonna feel confident about their chances against us on the road. As long as we are somewhat aggressive on offense and stingy on defense, then we have an above 50% chance of winning. Sorry but I can't be a full sunshine pumper :)

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Captain Sasquatch;n287050 said:
I don't know what our offensive line is going to do with their defensive line. I think as a defense, if we keep them from scoring on fluke plays like they did against Bama, we can hold them in check. They have an absurdly talented WR corps, though, and they'll make us pay dearly if we have any blown assignments. If we can somehow fix the tackling problem, we can definitely hold their run game in check and make them one-dimensional. Special teams also need to get better, and get better in a hurry.

Don't get too caught up in Ole Miss struggling against Vandy, they were due for a letdown after the Bama game and before playing us. I'm not dreading this game quite as much as I was a week ago, but it's going to take a Herculean effort to beat these guys.

How about the way their OL stacks up against our front four? 9 sacks in our first two SEC tilts is not bad. QB can't get the ball to those wideouts if he's running for his life or flat on his back.

Hope Tabor comes back fully intent on redeeming himself and we need VHIII to heal a little.

Let's get those tackling fundamentals and gap assignments worked out and then we'll see.

If we can keep it a low scoring affair, there's always a chance Grier and the boys can make the coaches' game plan work just enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator