Rumor: Meyer to step down after the season

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Reflux/Espohageal Spasms is one thing. When they're drilling in your brain that's another. Won't poke fun at this one. Hope he does well.

But if he's on the other sideline. It's on!
So.... you are saying you believe him?

Btw This isnt the way to impress an nfl team.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So.... you are saying you believe him?

Btw This isnt the way to impress an nfl team.

Funny you mention that. I really didn't want to bash him about that if he is indeed having issues. But I will say. The Gator in me said as first.....BULLSHYT. We all lived through the Heart attack turned esophageal spasms fiasco. With all that has gone on and especially with the Domestic Violence issue, lets just say there may be some credibility issues (sarcasm). I said earlier when he was suspended. He loses a game, the natives will get restless. He loses two and a big rivalry game they will take the DV issue and run with it. I would not be shocked if he would use his ailment as a means to keep fan support on his side. I TRULY HOPE THAT HE IS HEALTHY. As pissed as I am at him, I wish him no harm. But remember he and Shelly both have Phsyc Degrees. They know how to spin it.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
He's going to coach the Browns.

Yeah, this seems obvious to me. I think the problems this fall ended the possibility of Notre Dame for a long time and maybe forever.

The NFL could be a great thing for him. Perhaps he coaches there a few years, gets fired, can't get a college job because of his baggage and finally has to slow down.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
He’s an elite college coach. He will never coach in the NFL. If he can’t handle college pressure there is no way he can handle pro pressure.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
The rumor was that he was leaving at the end of this year and that is why they gave him a 3 game suspension and that the interim coach was going to be the next head coach. but it is somewhat strange that when Liar has the best talent by miles and wins easily everything is great. But as soon as it is apparent that his supremacy within his conference is slipping away, he develops a health issue. I do not wish poor health on anyone, but it seems quite coincidental. Satan proved that Liar does not like competition!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Although it could be a set up to coach the Browns, I think it’s highly unlikely. I just don’t think he can deal with the pressure of coaching an NFL team when the stress of coaching college football in a small market is too much for him.

misty17grad

Sep 29, 2018
I wonder if the Zach Smith incident stays hidden do his health records stay hidden as well?

I wouldn’t wish illness on anyone, but I’ve seen this movie before. It sucked. The only consolation I find is that it is now playing at Ohio State.

What is really going to roast my panties is when Michigan fails to put him out to pasture at the end of the year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn’t wish illness on anyone, but I’ve seen this movie before. It sucked. The only consolation I find is that it is now playing at Ohio State..
Oh..... this is the only time the sequel is WAAAAAAAAAAAY better than the original.

Well, and Bad Boyz 2.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
He’s an elite college coach. He will never coach in the NFL. If he can’t handle college pressure there is no way he can handle pro pressure.

He’s an elite college coach for a few years with each new program. The liar cannot build a lasting program with perennial championship potential (ala Saban and Dabo) because he spins way fast and eventually loses control. This is one of the reasons I like Mullen. He looks like he can build and sustain a long-term program. We will see about the championship part.

Zodiac

Jul 19, 2016
I feel he almost has to leave now. His future recruiting will suffer greatly from this.

The drama around this guy is just off the charts. I wish him good health and hope he just retires. Maybe get into reality tv or something.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The rumor was that he was leaving at the end of this year and that is why they gave him a 3 game suspension and that the interim coach was going to be the next head coach. but it is somewhat strange that when Liar has the best talent by miles and wins easily everything is great. But as soon as it is apparent that his supremacy within his conference is slipping away, he develops a health issue. I do not wish poor health on anyone, but it seems quite coincidental. Satan proved that Liar does not like competition!
Urban had to embrace competition to get to where he is. I don't think he shrinks from competition. I think he loves competition, maybe too much. He's had struggles metabolizong the stress that comes from coaching at a high level. He's better at it now.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
He’s an elite college coach for a few years with each new program. The liar cannot build a lasting program with perennial championship potential (ala Saban and Dabo) because he spins way fast and eventually loses control. This is one of the reasons I like Mullen. He looks like he can build and sustain a long-term program. We will see about the championship part.

Meyer can't build a long term success because people realize he is a pr1ck after a few years. The players, football staff, other staff.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer can't build a long term success because people realize he is a pr1ck after a few years. The players, football staff, other staff.
I think it is the opposite. It is easy when you show up to a room full of kids you don't know, tell them they suck, run them all til they puke, etc when you don't know them.

Once they are YOUR family, it is harder.

I've also heard he is violently ill after every loss. He just doesn't do it well.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Funny thing is that starting about a week ago there’s been a lot of noise about him quitting. There’s also been a lot of chatter in the organization that he was looking at leaving by the end of the season. Finebaum leaked some of that and Shelley went ballistic and started calling him a liar. Two days later this comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator