Rumor: Mullen was on vacation on NSD

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
It's time to pull the plug on mullen. If you didn't know who he was before, we all know now. Keeping him will further plunge us into depths that will take YEARS to come out of, like the UT fat phils. Stricklin looks every bit of a moron pulling the plug on his guy less than 4 years in, and I don't know who in gator nation can trust that dawg. We have probably the least innovative, least passionate, and the most stuck-up UAA in all of college sports. With the amazing athletes that want to come here, you can stick a frog in the AD desk and he will win AD of the year every year, these clowns think they are responsible for our "success". Someone needs to be whispering in Fuch's ear about the importance of a winning football program and what that means for our university image. Not quite sure how a championship team diminishes our academic prestige...
UT Fat Phils! LOL!

I dont disagree. Its better to be proactive than reactive. But after putting up 46 on the best team in years in the SEC title game and wining the SEC east beating Georgia EASILY along the way and the QB playing great being a heisman finalist? It will be hard to fire Mullen off that even with his flaws and pretty mediocre coaching staff. Whatever the braintrust decides they need to do it like yesterday!

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
It's early.

UT Fat Phils! LOL!

I dont disagree. Its better to be proactive than reactive. But after putting up 46 on the best team in years in the SEC title game and wining the SEC east beating Georgia EASILY along the way and the QB playing great being a heisman finalist? It will be hard to fire Mullen off that even with his flaws and pretty mediocre coaching staff. Whatever the braintrust decides they need to do it like yesterday!

Yep ... it was early.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Almost no coach deserves an extension unless it is in the last year of their contract. Just saying.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
I think Mullen would make a very good NFL QB coach.
Agreed. And Sam Darnold needs Dan and Devonta. So...

But who replaces Mullen? Remember Chip did not really want to come to UF and face the heat. He only wanted the money not the SEC pressure. Top coaches will be intruiged by the Gator job. But if they part ways witth a coach who had the second best QB in the nation won the SEC east by whipping UGA and putting up 46 on the best college team since the 04 USC Trojans in the SEC title game other coaches will notice and be scared off like Kelly was. Gators are walking a tightrope here.

AD needs to get off his duff and do something. Parting ways is okay. The Jets noticed how great Trask was under Mullen. He is in contention there. Mullen would help Darnold and they have the #2 pick. College coaches move to the nfl regularly now with less credentials than Mullen has.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Agreed. And Sam Darnold needs Dan and Devonta. So...

But who replaces Mullen? Remember Chip did not really want to come to UF and face the heat. He only wanted the money not the SEC pressure. Top coaches will be intruiged by the Gator job. But if they part ways witth a coach who had the second best QB in the nation won the SEC east by whipping UGA and putting up 46 on the best college team since the 04 USC Trojans in the SEC title game other coaches will notice and be scared off like Kelly was. Gators are walking a tightrope here.

AD needs to get off his duff and do something. Parting ways is okay. The Jets noticed how great Trask was under Mullen. He is in contention there. Mullen would help Darnold and they have the #2 pick. College coaches move to the nfl regularly now with less credentials than Mullen has.

It doesnt matter who I want to replace Mullen. He aint getting fired and no NFL team has called his phone. I am just glad he didnt get an extension so when we do fire him in a year or two we won't have to continue paying him. All you need to know about Coach Mullen is Todd Grantham is still our DC.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The Jets noticed how great Trask was under Mullen. He is in contention there. Mullen would help Darnold and they have the #2 pick. College coaches move to the nfl regularly now with less credentials than Mullen has.
The Jets now widely expected to take Justin Fields at #2. That's the kind of QB Dan Mullen has orgasms over.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
It doesnt matter who I want to replace Mullen. He aint getting fired and no NFL team has called his phone. I am just glad he didnt get an extension so when we do fire him in a year or two we won't have to continue paying him. All you need to know about Coach Mullen is Todd Grantham is still our DC.
Lame duck coach not a good idea. The talent loss after this season is real. Dan isnt going to quit. Just announce they will review his contract after next season. But dont drag it out. Not good for the program.

Yes it looks bad the DC did not leave or get fired. I would replace him with Charlie in a second. Maybe Mullen is battling with the AD and using Grantham as leverage. I doubt he is that kind of person. But you know Mullen is pissed he has not gotten extended when all these other coaches do with year remaining on their contracts.
The Jets now widely expected to take Justin Fields at #2. That's the kind of QB Dan Mullen has orgasms over.
I am not sold on Fields. Especially after Haskins disaster. Fields better no doubt. The Jets need so much so many players. Trade down and get Fields. He is not on the level of Lawrence.

Gators probably take a step back next season and people here are going to be even more angry. Mullen knows this and maybe he is trying to leave. If no extension I cant blame him. Thats business and that sports.

What coaches would you consider replacing him at this point?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Can I ask a question? Is he all there, like mentally?

hi-res-30b56ccc83904d87c7d56d83d039e159_crop_exact.jpg

image.jpg

university-louisiana-monroe-pauses-cfb-workouts.jpg

images

44483291001_5114260579001_5113248089001-vs.jpg

44483291001_5181704955001_5181685724001-vs.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Lame duck coach not a good idea. The talent loss after this season is real. Dan isnt going to quit. Just announce they will review his contract after next season. But dont drag it out. Not good for the program.

Yes it looks bad the DC did not leave or get fired. I would replace him with Charlie in a second. Maybe Mullen is battling with the AD and using Grantham as leverage. I doubt he is that kind of person. But you know Mullen is pissed he has not gotten extended when all these other coaches do with year remaining on their contracts.

Why does anyone care if Mullen is p!ssed he didn't get a contract extension? He didn't earn it. He doesn't get anything for being p!ssed except a $25k fine from the ncaa.

I am p!ssed our defense went from being one of the best in the country the day Mullen was hired to an absolute dumpster fire now. And it wasn't over night, it was a slow spiral that got worse every year and throughout each season. Our defense is a good enough reason to fire the guy. It is horrible. It is ridiculous.

I am p!ssed that our recruiting has been garbage since Mullen got here. His staff is failing across the board. He has done well in the transfer portal but he continues to recruit on par with Mcelstank and Chump. In fact, Chump probably recruited better.

I am p!ssed that he gets paid $6mil a year to coach for 12 months yet he thinks its okay to not practice for a bowl game, tell the team at the bowl game that they dont know how to win and then call them all scout players after getting their butts whooped by a coach and team that did prepare for the game.

I am p!ssed that he got a show cause for recruiting a crappy class.

I am p!ssed that there are people out there like you who think he deserves an extension. He deserves to give some of that $6mil back.

EDIT: And I was a Mullen Pumper. I gave people here shade for being a dumper quite often. It is now painfully obvious that we will never be a contender for 2 reasons: 1. Dan doesn't recruit and 2. Dan will not fire assistants that are not up to the task.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.