Rumph & Shannon hitting Texas hard

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
TNgator20;n225825 said:
Does anybody have access to Luke Stampini's article about QB targets? Nuss and Dixon went to visit the TX Duo at Westfield HS yesterday and watch their spring game and something happened because it says "One less contender as QB target." Did Cole tell us he wasn't interested or did he have a poor showing? I was really thinking this dude would be a steal. Can somebody help this tight As$ out please?

Not sure about Stampini, but as of yesterday he said in a Rivals article that he was still putting together a Top 10 and would have it shortly. Says he like us along with Houston, MsSt, and several P12 schools.

On summer visit plans:

"Most definitely I'm going to try and get out to Artizona State and UCLA if I get a chance. And most likely Florida."

Seems like a really good kid.

TNgator20

Jan 8, 2015
Thanks soflagator...I read that article too. It appears it was before there spring game though. Something happened at that game that made us shy away or he isn't feeling us anymore. He looks like the real deal on tape and is invited to Elite 11. I'm just not sold on Franks...i'm hearing more and more that he will flip to us. Who knows...I trust our coaches though!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
TNgator20;n225849 said:
Thanks soflagator...I read that article too. It appears it was before there spring game though. Something happened at that game that made us shy away or he isn't feeling us anymore. He looks like the real deal on tape and is invited to Elite 11. I'm just not sold on Franks...i'm hearing more and more that he will flip to us. Who knows...I trust our coaches though!

Ok. Yeah that's all I saw as well.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n224999 said:
Like I told my trusty sidekick wobble . I don't see us getting many Texas kids unless we're their best offer, like that kid we signed this year. Too many schools closer to home for these kids.

I think that will be the case also. We need to take Florida back to get back on top.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n225890 said:
I think that will be the case also. We need to take Florida back to get back on top.

Quoted for truth. We won't get back to the top on kids from out of state. Not saying don't take a couple here or there but unless we lock down FL we will continue to be middle of the pack.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n225917 said:
Quoted for truth. We won't get back to the top on kids from out of state. Not saying don't take a couple here or there but unless we lock down FL we will continue to be middle of the pack.

Can't lock down Florida unless you are winning. I see no problems getting players from out of state to help us win so that we can then focus even more on in state recruiting.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n225946 said:
Can't lock down Florida unless you are winning. I see no problems getting players from out of state to help us win so that we can then focus even more on in state recruiting.

You won't win with scraps from other states and scraps here in FL.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
T REX;n225968 said:
You won't win with scraps from other states and scraps here in FL.

You're right to a degree. It's not sustainable to win big with mid-level players. But I think we have to take what we can get in this first class, and make it work with what we have. I've used 1990 as an example several times, and I still think it's the most fitting comparrison. Spurrier took 7-4 talent (with Smith, no less) and turned them into a 10 win, championship team. Then, we saw the star players really begin gravitating to us. But those 1990 players were not the same caliber of talent we became used to seeing during that era. It was really the '93 and '94 classes that got us to the NC in '95 and '96.

I also think we'll see a surge of interest once we begin the season, assuming we take steps in the right direction. When we do, we'll land or flip some of the bigger prospects.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n225969 said:
Who says we are getting scraps?

8 - 3 stars
2 - 2 stars

It is still early but we're going to need some studs to get back on top. That's not going to cut it.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think recruiting will pick up through the summer camps . Not to mention dang near every top player waits till late in the game to decide. If we put a decent product on the field we'll see some guys jump on the bandwagon. I'd like to see us pick up some ua all americans and army all Americans to recruit those games for us.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
Can we simply stop arguing over who we need to get and from what state?

Florida may have great players but you don't need just/only Florida kids to win.

If you did then we'd never see the likes of USC/Texas/Ohio State/Auburn/Alabama win national championships.

:exactly:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n225977 said:
You're right to a degree. It's not sustainable to win big with mid-level players. But I think we have to take what we can get in this first class, and make it work with what we have. I've used 1990 as an example several times, and I still think it's the most fitting comparrison. Spurrier took 7-4 talent (with Smith, no less) and turned them into a 10 win, championship team. Then, we saw the star players really begin gravitating to us. But those 1990 players were not the same caliber of talent we became used to seeing during that era. It was really the '93 and '94 classes that got us to the NC in '95 and '96.

I also think we'll see a surge of interest once we begin the season, assuming we take steps in the right direction. When we do, we'll land or flip some of the bigger prospects.

The funny thing about Spurrier's first recruiting class in 90 was it looked real good on paper but hardly any of them became real good players. I think only one player out of that class was drafted and it was in the later rounds.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not worried. Mac recruited a no name QB to CSU and sent him to the NFL. I have faith he knows what he's looking for. The rest of you can worry yourselves into manic depression if you want to. Not me. No thanks.

:chomp:

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
NavetG8r;n226054 said:
I'm not worried. Mac recruited a no name QB to CSU and sent him to the NFL. I have faith he knows what he's looking for. The rest of you can worry yourselves into manic depression if you want to. Not me. No thanks.

:chomp:
Actually, he didn't recruit Grayson. Grayson was at CSU when McElwain got there.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n226090 said:
Actually, he didn't recruit Grayson. Grayson was at CSU when McElwain got there.

Ok fine, so he turned a no name QB into an NFL prospect. I like that even better. :p

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
While on the subject of out of state recruiting, imortabebe committed to usc. This sucks balls. We end up with the ****ty brother. Sammy and jaylon watkins all over again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.