Running Backs

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
WAAAAYYYYYY faster than Emmitt. Way faster.

ETN will be the clear #1 next year if he stays healthy. Dude is a straight up stud.
Are you sure he is THAT much faster? Are there any timed runs that show a significant difference?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
All true but we should wait until ETN breaks a home run. Already we are calling him ES with home run speed.

Sure, he'll get to break one and perhaps tonight. When I made the original post I said the way he runs (shakes off, shifty) and reminds me of ES. He's not yet being coronated as the next #22. Just comparing similarities.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I defended Wright after the first game because 4 ypc and no fumbles against a pretty good defense is decent work.

But after the Kentucky game, it's pretty clear that Johnson and Etienne bring a little bit extra and should be more involved going forward unless Wright shows why he should get more carries.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Dare I say it?

"Trust the coaches"

It's still incredibly early in the season and in Napier's tenure, so that should be the default, for now.

Mullen played guys exclusively based on seniority & tenure over more talented, but younger guys on the depth chart.

As best as I can tell, the main thing Wright has on the others is that he seems to be really good at blitz protection and picking up rushers; and the fact he hasn't fumbled yet (though he was the RB on the pick 6 by Kentucky--not sure if it was the wrong route, but something was clearly off on the play). Both Johnson and Etienne have higher ypc averages though--and if that trend continues, it'll be a valid question of why Wright is continuing to be the default RB.

And I say that as someone who likes Wright

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
It's still incredibly early in the season and in Napier's tenure, so that should be the default, for now.

Mullen played guys exclusively based on seniority & tenure over more talented, but younger guys on the depth chart.

As best as I can tell, the main thing Wright has on the others is that he seems to be really good at blitz protection and picking up rushers; and the fact he hasn't fumbled yet (though he was the RB on the pick 6 by Kentucky--not sure if it was the wrong route, but something was clearly off on the play). Both Johnson and Etienne have higher ypc averages though--and if that trend continues, it'll be a valid question of why Wright is continuing to be the default RB.

And I say that as someone who likes Wright

Pains me to say that Wright needs to drop on the depth chart, but I agree. I'm not certain he isn't still recovering. He has had some good runs, but not as many as the other two. Part of that is due to OL at times though. For example, he has a first down on our last 4th down against UK if Eguakin doesn't totally whiff on that block. Still Johnson and ETN have looked better so far.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Like most here, I believe Johnson should be the starter with Etienne mixed in. I love Wright, but he seems to get bottled up in traffic more than the other two.

And I have no damn idea what Lingard could’ve done to botch his chance this badly

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Johnson, ETN, and the OLs ability to generate holes for them are the only bright spots on offense.

Pound the rock. Even if we don’t score on a drive we’re still bleeding clock and giving opposition less time to go at our defense.

It’s who we are this year and we’ve got to embrace it quick or we will get absolutely annihilated on repeat occasions.

The UF/Vandy game will be a battle for last place in the SEC East. Wrap your head around that and prepare for what’s coming this season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.