Ryan Locte robbed in Rio? Naw, he lied

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
I hope its not true, but the dude has always been too stupid for words. Think Fast Times Spikoli type. Wow. Well he was complaining that Phelps was getting all the attention, not anymore

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

#BREAKING Brazil sources: #RyanLochte + 3 swimmers fabricated robbery story. Video shows swimmer "fighting" w/security at gas station @GMA

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
In the end they will be remembered far more for this fabrication than a fight with a security guard.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Lochte was never going to be on Jeopardy. Freaking morons.

Brazil is still a dump.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Just heard a report on NBC from Matt Lauer who interviewed Lochte. Sounds like he's doubling down and adamantly denying that he made it up. I think I believe him even if he may have embellished the story a bit.
Nailed it.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Doesn't surprise me - people do dumb stuff. Why not just keep your mouths shut about what happened. I heard before Lochte wasn't the brightest person around.

Stll not 100% on what happened but it appears most likely the story was made up.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Shi£ now I know why the cops never believe anyone. Brazil will prosecute these drunkin/stoned morons unless they make a media apology. Defense will be, we were so drunk we dont remember destroying the bathroom and we thought the gaurd was the Police robbing us!

I think he told his mother who called cops. Shows how far a lie can go once told. In an effort to save face, the lie is continued. You could apply this to other situations.....

Brazil should say "We wont release the others unti Lochte comes back"

Last edited:

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I guess I believed him after he doubled down because I figured why would anyone make up a story that could so easily be disproved? The taxi driver, the gas station attendant, the fact that they would have to know that this would cause an international uproar, etc.. What I didn't take into consideration (and shame on me) was how the mind of a complete and utter moron works.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
What a ****ing embarrassment this asshat is. The US is killing it in the games, but this will be what the Rio olympics will be remembered for, taking away the shine of the many athletes who aren't dumbasses.

It tarnishes the great accomplishments of Gators in the games too.

Asshat.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What does Lochte do now? Will he be on a no fly list for any flights outside the US or for US flights also if he doesn't go to Brazil to take care of this or have a lawyer over there take care of it. I thought someone claimed he was being placed on some list where he couldn't fly even though he was back in the US.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm thinking this Gas Station fuss with Security is separate and not connected to robbery event.
Any timeline will set that straight -- is it a vile distraction trick by dirty Brazil. But talking about
Locte's idiocy = think about it. You're still in Brazil and you call your Mom and tell her you were
held up at gunpoint ?? (Yet to you & the guys it's now a laughable event ... but to Mom ??)

Locte probably embellished (practice for a color commentator). Hope the truth is their money
was taken by thugs and not prostitutes. The truth, a robbery, deserves to embarrass Brazil and
an embellishment embarrassment for stupid lying about bravado.

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What does Lochte do now? Will he be on a no fly list for any flights outside the US or for US flights also if he doesn't go to Brazil to take care of this or have a lawyer over there take care of it. I thought someone claimed he was being placed on some list where he couldn't fly even though he was back in the US.
Brazil will rightfully demand their pound of flesh for embarrassing their country on a national stage. We'll see a "heartfelt" apology by the swimmers and perhaps a donation to some Brazilian cause and no charges will be filed. End result is Lochte is done with any endorsements that could have raked in millions. He deserves it, the spoiled jackass.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Ooops, not a conspiracy anymore when two give it up. Unless there was a grassy knoll, Lochte is done, as he should be

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Brazil will rightfully demand their pound of flesh for embarrassing their country on a national stage. We'll see a "heartfelt" apology by the swimmers and perhaps a donation to some Brazilian cause and no charges will be filed. End result is Lochte is done with any endorsements that could have raked in millions. He deserves it, the spoiled jackass.

It will definitely hurt his future endorsements a lot that is for sure.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I've changed my position on this.

Lochte, frankly, has been put into a very difficult and unfortunate situation throughout his entire life. If things had gone as they SHOULD have, he would be known as the most accomplished Special Olympian of all time.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I will believe it when I see it. I trust nothing I hear from Brazil.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Either no theft or prostitute(s) took their money at yum point.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I want to correct his last name in the title. But it just wouldn't be in the grand tradition of Gatorchatter if we didn't misspell a Gator's name.

Jun 2, 2015
Another entitled athlete. Could he be banned by the olympic committee for the 2020 games if his story is proven false?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.