Ryan Locte robbed in Rio? Naw, he lied

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TRex and Fever have an extraordinary ability to be wrong on almost every issue.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
The Lochte interview with Lauer was painful to watch. Lauer acting like he's the frickin moral police and Lochte saying he was too drunk to recall anything. And then Lauer acting like he's the only one who can define a robbery.

I hope Lochte paid that 10k back to his teammate.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The Lochte interview with Lauer was painful to watch. Lauer acting like he's the frickin moral police and Lochte saying he was too drunk to recall anything. And then Lauer acting like he's the only one who can define a robbery.

I hope Lochte paid that 10k back to his teammate.

I watched that. All Lochte needed to do was answer Lauer's question with "Yes, at the point of gun".
Lauer: "So they asked you to stay or they were going to call the real cops?"
Lochte: "Yes, at the point of a gun."
Lauer: "So it became a negotiation?"
Lochte: "At the point of a gun."
Lauer: "So they asked you to pay for some damages?"
Lochte: "Yes, at the point of a gun."
Lauer: "So it was a negotiation not a robbery?"
Lochte: "Well Matt, I feel the difference between a robbery and a negotiation is the presence of a gun."

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
This is getting old. He damaged property. If he hadn't done a thing wrong...it's a robbery. ANd it was $50...that's it. They didn't take their wallets, watches, etc.

Give me a freaking break.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
TRex and Fever have an extraordinary ability to be wrong on almost every issue.

Now before we go assigning who is off-base here, let's just wait 'til that gun-toting officer files his
multipage report with the constabulary.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Let's see what the USOC decides. I mean if he was robbed then he won't be disciplined. If he was the victim then the USOC won't do a thing to him.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
People calling for Lochte to get banned is a bit much. Phelps has had 2 DUI's and pictures put online of him hitting a bong, Gatlin tested positive 2 times and they didn't get banned.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Lochte definitely doesn't need to get banned. I mean, he's not going to participate in Tokyo in 2020 as it is. I figure the embarrassment is enough, and he'll disappear forever after this (until he shows up on Dancing With the Stars are some bullsh*t like that).

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Lochte definitely doesn't need to get banned. I mean, he's not going to participate in Tokyo in 2020 as it is. I figure the embarrassment is enough, and he'll disappear forever after this (until he shows up on Dancing With the Stars are some bullsh*t like that).
Who knows...he could marry a Kardashian, dress up like Sarah Jessica Parker and win a courage award.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It seems the final story sounds right :
They were very drunk and exhausted after many hours of celebrating in hot-spots.
Had cabby stop at gas station for pee relief.
No restroom open ? So they peed on the grass, while Lochte ripped a framed poster of a wall.
Security guard ordered them to pay. Lochte probably gave him some defiant lip.
Guard pulled his gun (maybe two guards & 2 guns.) The video time of this is a missing gap of 3 minutes.
The swimmers turned their wallets over and the guard took about $70. I think he left other dollars of theirs.
The robbers (technically) never showed interest in Lochte's expensive watch, or others sellable jewelry.

In a place like Brazil, credit cards, passports, etc can be easily fenced, but the guards know taking such
things would activate a government track-down and punishment. So the guards knew their "rights" = to take
reasonable payment for damage done. I think the process was smart. No expendature of police activation,
no arrest, no court arraigment, no bail, no "trapped" in Brazil until trial (hearing) date, no bigger $s for
Lawyers, etc. Those gas station folk acted honorably in that they didn't take more money. ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.