Ryan Locte robbed in Rio? Naw, he lied

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I hate it when reading the gator sports forum is like reading PEOPLE fcn MAGAZINE.........Football season and UMASS cannot get here soon enough for me. Are we really playing Umass? We couldnt get a Valdosta St or Arky St. Those New England boys will not only give up size, speed and depth to us but will melt in the Fla heat/humidity...........I remember when Cal. came to Tampa Pell's 2nd year (hottest game I ever attended and Ive been to literally over 150 gator games). They died in the 2nd half right in front of us. But this was right after 0-10-1 so we were giddy.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I agree it was probably the typical shakedown they do over there even if one of them did some minor damage to the bathroom. Brazil is loving that video shows them with their wallets and watches and stuff like that when they are going in for the night afterwards to say they are lying. The reality is both sides are lying some it appears. Lochte can blame himself the most for all this happening however if that is true it only got out because he told his mom he was robbed.

Breaking down a door is minor?

Ok.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They didn't appear to even hesitate at the door.

However, was it a WANTON door break down? Bc if it's a wanton door break then it changes everything and guns are justified, bc of the wantonness.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
They weren't robbed. The guards asked them to pay for damages. It's not the US. Lochte is a lying scumbag.

Brazil is a dump. We already knew that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They weren't robbed. The guards asked them to pay for damages. It's not the US.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Yes, the guard asked them to "pay damages", with his pistol in their face.

It's just a lil special civil remedy available south of the the Rio Grande.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Yes, the guard asked them to "pay damages", with his pistol in their face.

It's just a lil special civil remedy available south of the the Rio Grande.

Brazil is a dump. No doubt. It is corrupt to the core. And lyin ryan is a total d bag. Here in the US we call the police and arrest you. Rio? I'm pretty sure it is different. Lochte went on TV and lied his ass off.

Are you trying to say that he didn't lie? The other swimmers already said he did. Come on.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Sorry, man. Not worth the time.

No offense.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah.. the guy lied and they pissed in an alley and ripped down a sign... and I know things are different in Brazil, but forcing a bribe to be allowed to leave at gunpoint still is theft.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
"In his apology, Lochte said he should have been more careful and candid in his account but it had been traumatic to have a man point a gun at him in a foreign country and demand money."

This should be played up a bit more. If Brazil wants to admit that it's acceptable behavior for their police/security to demand money at gunpoint maybe we should be talking about that.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lochte is a barely functioning handicapped human being. We simply are reminded of this every four years unfortunately.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
“We got pulled over, in the taxi, and these guys came out with a badge, a police badge — no lights, no nothing, just a police badge — and they pulled us over,” he said. “They pulled out their guns, they told the other swimmers to get down on the ground — they got down on the ground. I refused — I was like, we didn’t do anything wrong, so — I’m not getting down on the ground.

“And then the guy pulled out his gun, he cocked it, put it to my forehead, and he said, ‘Get down,’ and I put my hands up. I was like, whatever. He took our money, he took my wallet — he left my cellphone, he left my credentials.”

-Lyin' Ryan

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
“We got pulled over, in the taxi, and these guys came out with a badge, a police badge — no lights, no nothing, just a police badge — and they pulled us over,” he said. “They pulled out their guns, they told the other swimmers to get down on the ground — they got down on the ground. I refused — I was like, we didn’t do anything wrong, so — I’m not getting down on the ground.

“And then the guy pulled out his gun, he cocked it, put it to my forehead, and he said, ‘Get down,’ and I put my hands up. I was like, whatever. He took our money, he took my wallet — he left my cellphone, he left my credentials.”

-Lyin' Ryan
It's about 90% true.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
“We got pulled over(LIE), in the taxi, and these guys came out with a badge, a police badge(LIE) — no lights, no nothing, just a police badge — and they pulled us over(LIE),” he said. “They pulled out their guns, they told the other swimmers to get down on the ground(LIE) — they got down on the ground. I refused — I was like, we didn’t do anything wrong, so — I’m not getting down on the ground.

“And then the guy pulled out his gun, he cocked it, put it to my forehead(LIE), and he said, ‘Get down,’ and I put my hands up. I was like, whatever. He took our money, he took my wallet(LIE) — he left my cellphone, he left my credentials.”

-Lyin' Ryan

90% true? If they wanted to rob them then I'm sure they would've actually robbed them of everything not $40(or whatever the small sum was). I think BRazil is a dumpster fire but Lochte is an admitted liar. Let's save our outrage for actual crimes.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
90% true? If they wanted to rob them then I'm sure they would've actually robbed them of everything not $40(or whatever the small sum was). I think BRazil is a dumpster fire but Lochte is an admitted liar. Let's save our outrage for actual crimes.
They were in a Taxi, engine running, maybe it even started to move. You can argue the semantics of being "puled over" but that's a minor point. Somebody posing as LE pulled a gun on them for the purposes of obtaining money because once money was paid they were allowed to leave. Maybe not technically a robbery. Did the pseudo LE take his wallet and give it back? Don't know because 3 minutes of video is missing. We can see in the video that they told the swimmers to get on the ground because they did. Lochte backed off on the accusation that a gun was pointed at his forehead but even the policia admit a gun was pulled. Lochte didn't go to the policia, his mother called it in and he was informally questioned by the policia. Lochte didn't file a police report but he did stick to his story.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Some Brazillian oddities I'm spotting here :
So in this high unemployment & impoverished country, a guy goes to a costume
shop and buys an officer-like uni. Then he offers his "security" service to this
gas station with this pitch ... "and you don't even have to pay me. I pay you 50% of
my take. Plus I'll just pull it on tourists who just want to get out of our country."

The truth of this thing has been peeling off like layers of an onion, worthy of
a story from The Onion.

The most operable lies are built within a kernal of the truth. The embellishment
does reveal the truth about Lochte's neediness -- and that is pathetic.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Another entitled athlete. Could he be banned by the olympic committee for the 2020 games if his story is proven false?
He barely had enough left in the tank to make this team. It is not likely he has what it takes to make it in four years.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
None of these swimmers can go to the 2020 Olympics ; Brazil has their passports.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lochte is a barely functioning handicapped human being. We simply are reminded of this every four years unfortunately.
No one is saying he wasn't a drunk moron or that he may have pissed behind the building and even tore down a sign. However, the video is clear. It's not like he was menacing anyone. They weren't threatening in anyway, just drunk morons.

The story should be that Brazil thinks it's fine to rob four Americans of $500 dollars each AT GUNPOINT (look at the video, two still have their hands up even after the three minute chop) and fine another $10,000.

That's exactly why you don't have olympics in a third world shythole.

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
No one is saying he wasn't a drunk moron or that he may have pissed behind the building and even tore down a sign. However, the video is clear. It's not like he was menacing anyone. They weren't threatening in anyway, just drunk morons.

The story should be that Brazil thinks it's fine to rob four Americans of $500 dollars each AT GUNPOINT and fine another $10,000.

That's exactly why you don't have olympics in a third world shythole.
TRex thinks they should have been executed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator