San Francisco

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My daughter went on a cross country trip after she graduated high school in ‘18. There were parts of San Francisco they said were beautiful, but their tour guide skirted some of the grime and filth. The human waste, garbage, and the homeless was a huge letdown. There was a great deal of it. My wife and two of her lady cousins went on the trip and all had the same opinion. The wife asked if I ever wanted to go. NFW. I can always look at the photos they took. Besides, any place renowned for bath houses definitely isn’t my cup of tea.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Mrs and I spent a long weekend there 20+ years ago. Really enjoyed ourselves and thought it was, despite the quirkiness, a beautiful city. I had to go on a work trip there about two years ago and couldn't believe how far it had fallen. I'll never go back of my own choice.
I spent a fair amount of time in the Bay Area in the 90s…it was a beautiful area. Parts of the city were nice but the nicest parts were away from the city…the county side. This is what I liked the most.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
I lived in Turlock, CA for 2+ years, 1991 - 1993, San Francisco was a 2 hour drive. Wife and I took several trips there, especially when family visited. Visiting Alcatraz was cool. Seeing some of the places where Clint filmed Dirty Harry scenes also was pretty neat.

Everybody should visit Yosemite in the spring, stunning scenery.

Fortunately I put CA in the rearview mirror before the rot had fully engulfed the state.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I lived in Turlock, CA for 2+ years, 1991 - 1993, San Francisco was a 2 hour drive. Wife and I took several trips there, especially when family visited. Visiting Alcatraz was cool. Seeing some of the places where Clint filmed Dirty Harry scenes also was pretty neat.

Everybody should visit Yosemite in the spring, stunning scenery.

Fortunately I put CA in the rearview mirror before the rot had fully engulfed the state.

Double dittos on Yosemite! The grandeur left me speechless

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Yosemite?

Cancelled. Too violent.

iu

Alex.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Looney Tunes were some of the greatest cartoons ever. Here are clips of a couple of favorites…

…and p/s @diddy, Mel Blanc was the absolute best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.