Saturday morning 5 stack

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Saturday morning, slept til 9. The sun is shining brightly outside. Momma is on her way to the office. It's pancake time. 5 for me and one for the dogs. Each one buttered as it comes off the pan. Swimming in Mrs Buttersworth and the yokes of those 3 fried eggs on the side. It's gon taste so good I know it's gotta be one of the healthiest things you could eat. All by my self, I decide I'm gonna eat in my chair in the family room and relax. Holding the plate in one hand I bend over to move the ottoman under my feet to get comfortable. Looking at my plate, I see a waterfall of syrup pouring off the side of the plate onto my lap. Normally I would piss and moan but nothing is going to ruin the joy of sopping every drop of this sweet and savory delight and shoving it in my face. Allah Akbar

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Did you end the meal with a happy finish?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is there a better syrup than the buttery delight of Ms. Buttersworth?

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Saturday morning, slept til 9. The sun is shining brightly outside. Momma is on her way to the office. It's pancake time. 5 for me and one for the dogs. Each one buttered as it comes off the pan. Swimming in Mrs Buttersworth and the yokes of those 3 fried eggs on the side. It's gon taste so good I know it's gotta be one of the healthiest things you could eat. All by my self, I decide I'm gonna eat in my chair in the family room and relax. Holding the plate in one hand I bend over to move the ottoman under my feet to get comfortable. Looking at my plate, I see a waterfall of syrup pouring off the side of the plate onto my lap. Normally I would piss and moan but nothing is going to ruin the joy of sopping every drop of this sweet and savory delight and shoving it in my face. Allah Akbar

. Awesome oldie. Not sure what it has to do with pancakes and Mrs. Butterworth's other than they are a black singing group and she was supposed to be portraying an old mammy.

Is there a better syrup than the buttery delight of Ms. Buttersworth?
Indeed there is not a syrup on the market better than Mrs. B's!

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mrs Butterworth is pure junk and it's a travesty to even call it syrup.

Slightly warmed, 100% pure Maple syrup is the only way to go.

(that's right.... syrup smack)

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

1. Mrs Butterworth's Original ingredients: High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn Syrup, Water, Salt, Cellulose Gum, Molasses, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Citric Acid, Caramel Color, Polysorbate 60.
Yeah... That's sound delicious.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I'm a cheap ass. Generic syrup in my household.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody said Mrs. B's was comparable to pure maple syrup or that it was healthy. Who cares what the ingredients are. It tastes great! That's the bottom line. Maple syrup is too thin and just runs off the pancakes and is worthless.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody said Mrs. B's was comparable to pure maple syrup or that it was healthy. Who cares what the ingredients are. It tastes great! That's the bottom line. Maple syrup is too thin and just runs off the pancakes and is worthless.
If you made your pancakes right, they'd soak up the syrup, not letting it run off ;)

I win.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Less about the syrup, more about the pancakes.

Thicker, heavier 'cake' kind?
Or the uber light and fluffy kind?

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I really do like maple syrup. However, for non-maple syrup, regular Log Cabin is my fave, followed in close second by Mrs B. I do prefer Belgian waffles because they hold and soak up the syrup better. You ain't eatin em right if they're not tryin to float!

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Um... you did. You said: "Indeed there is not a syrup on the market better than Mrs. B's!"

And I absolutely care what the ingredients are. My body is a finely tuned temple. :dance:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Um... you did. You said: "Indeed there is not a syrup on the market better than Mrs. B's!"

And I absolutely care what the ingredients are. My body is a finely tuned temple. :dance:

Those I agree with your ingredients argument... the only type of temple your body is a Temple of Doom.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Log cabin has always been my fav, but I'll take the misses in a pinch :wink:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mrs Butterworth is pure junk and it's a travesty to even call it syrup.

Slightly warmed, 100% pure Maple syrup is the only way to go.

(that's right.... syrup smack)
You've started sniffing glue again, havent you.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You've started sniffing glue again, havent you.

What? Why put that crap in your body when you can put REAL food in it, that tastes better anyway.

This morning: I ate waffles (http://www.kodiakcakes.com/mixes/), topped with real butter made at a local ranch from grass fed only cows, local blueberries I picked myself that we keep in the freezer, and real maple syrup that was warmed. What an amazing breakfast.

Look at the ingredients in Kodiak: 100% whole grain wheat flour, 100% whole grain oat flour, non-fat dry milk, dried honey, leavening, egg whites, sea salt.
Look at the ingredients in bisquick: bleached wheat flour, corn starch, dextrose, partially hydrogenated soybean and/or cottonseed oil, leavening, canola oil, salt, sugar, DATEM (I had to google this to see what it was), and distilled monoglycerides

Look at the ingredients in maple syrup: maple syrup
Look at the ingredients in Mrs Bs: High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn Syrup, Water, Salt, Cellulose Gum, Molasses, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Citric Acid, Caramel Color, Polysorbate 60.

Look at the ingredients in my butter: fresh milk (from a grass fed cow on a farm next to mine)
Look at the ingredients in "I cant believe it's not butter": PURIFIED WATER, SOYBEAN OIL, PALM KERNEL AND PALM OIL, SALT, LECITHIN (SOY), NATURAL FLAVORS, VINEGAR, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, BETA CAROTENE (COLOR).

And people wonder why they have health issues. (I'm not saying you directly Cooter... just the general American population who eats this crap)

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Brad, you live on a farm?

BTW, Kodiak Mix is the Bomb. Got a box on the fridge of that stuff. Same goes with the syrup.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Brad, you live on a farm?

BTW, Kodiak Mix is the Bomb. Got a box on the fridge of that stuff. Same goes with the syrup.

I live in Ocala. And so naturally.... I built a home in a gated equine neighborhood. Technically a farm, although I do nothing of the sort. I just wanted the land. So our neighborhood is 125 acres, and there are 23 "lots". I'd love to have a few cows one day. Or an orchard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.