Saturday morning 5 stack

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What? Why put that crap in your body when you can put REAL food in it, that tastes better anyway.

This morning: I ate waffles (http://www.kodiakcakes.com/mixes/), topped with real butter made at a local ranch from grass fed only cows, local blueberries I picked myself that we keep in the freezer, and real maple syrup that was warmed. What an amazing breakfast.

Look at the ingredients in Kodiak: 100% whole grain wheat flour, 100% whole grain oat flour, non-fat dry milk, dried honey, leavening, egg whites, sea salt.
Look at the ingredients in bisquick: bleached wheat flour, corn starch, dextrose, partially hydrogenated soybean and/or cottonseed oil, leavening, canola oil, salt, sugar, DATEM (I had to google this to see what it was), and distilled monoglycerides

Look at the ingredients in maple syrup: maple syrup
Look at the ingredients in Mrs Bs: High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn Syrup, Water, Salt, Cellulose Gum, Molasses, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Citric Acid, Caramel Color, Polysorbate 60.

Look at the ingredients in my butter: fresh milk (from a grass fed cow on a farm next to mine)
Look at the ingredients in "I cant believe it's not butter": PURIFIED WATER, SOYBEAN OIL, PALM KERNEL AND PALM OIL, SALT, LECITHIN (SOY), NATURAL FLAVORS, VINEGAR, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, BETA CAROTENE (COLOR).

And people wonder why they have health issues. (I'm not saying you directly Cooter... just the general American population who eats this crap)

Be careful of the microplastics now found in sea salt
http://www.medicaldaily.com/pass-sa...lt-problem-much-more-widespread-closer-359738
I choose to eat the Mrs B because its no sugar-If I do use a leaded syrup, I keep a quart jar of cane syrup I get out of Georgia
I don't use a box mix or Bisquick for my pancakes nor do I use a prepared mix for just about anything I prepare. I typically use King Arthur Wheat flour and add milled flax seed, eggs, reduced fat milk, baking powder, baking soda, and real vanilla extract
I use Land O Lakes butter, not margarine or anything like I Can't Believe They Call This Butter
I use reduced fat or skim milk
I add minimal salt to my foods
Years ago I bought a young Holstein bull with the intention of raising him for meat. His name was Moo and he became a pet. He died of natural causes.

Last edited:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Be careful of the microplastics now found in sea salt
http://www.medicaldaily.com/pass-sa...lt-problem-much-more-widespread-closer-359738
I choose to eat the Mrs B because its no sugar-If I do use a leaded syrup, I keep a quart jar of cane syrup I get out of Georgia
I don't use a box mix or Bisquick for my pancakes nor do I use a prepared mix for just about anything I prepare. I typically use King Arthur Wheat flour and add milled flax seed, eggs, reduced fat milk, baking powder, baking soda, and real vanilla extract
I use Land O Lakes butter, not margarine or anything like I Can't Believe They Call This Butter
I use reduced fat or skim milk
I add minimal salt to my foods
Years ago I bought a young Holstein bull with the intention of raising him for meat. His name was Moo and he became a pet. He died of natural causes.

Yeah.... Like I said Coot, I wasn't specifically talking to you. Based on other food conversations, I know you know your way around the kitchen. But you have to admit, MOST Americans eat exactly what I described. It's a shame.

I already determined that when I get a cow, I will name him "tbone" or "porter" or something. The Mrs is afraid it will become a pet.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I try to eat fresh fruits, grains and veggies a lot but usually by the weekend I fall off the wagon. Like right now I have a pineapple and crasin cobbler in the oven for dessert and some vanilla ice (Publix brand low fat-amazingly good) Instead of sugar I substituted Stevia. Sometimes I use a sucralose sweetner. I grew up eating lots of beans rice gravy and some kinda meat. I still like that kind of stuff, just eat a lot less of it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.