SC Coach Fitzgerald accepts job to Boston College

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
So Coach Napier comfirms what we know about college football. It aint about the school or win/loss percentages; its about the relationships among those in the coaching profession. Saban is a great teacher.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
If all things are equal, does he really take the BC job? He isn't stupid. He has to take into consideration he will be looking for a job in a year. Would you take the UF job or the BC job where you get at least 2-3 years?

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
robert deniro GIF
I was hoping he was talking about Eveee.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I'll be honest, it wouldn't surprise me is Stricklin gives cnb another season even with a 4 win season in 2024.
I don't think Scotty does anything until Sasse forces him to. We haven't even gotten to the contract extension/vote of confidence step yet.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I'll be honest, it wouldn't surprise me is Stricklin gives cnb another season even with a 4 win season in 2024.
He doesn’t live on an island or work in a vacuum. Losing coaches don’t get to stick around because the loser director who made the bad hire says so. Less than zero percent chance he survives a 3rd losing season, the AD’s 4th in a row.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
There was a rumor a few months back Sasse told Nape 7 wins minimum for 2024. I think that's too low for a guy in year 3 with a 6th year QB (who should be measured by recent 6th year QB's production like Daniels and Travis).

But Stricklin gonna Stricklin.

Last edited:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Sun Belt Billy is such a fcvking tool. This coach probably heard Billy’s signing day press conference and realized the gravity of his predicament. He smartly decided to get out while he could…and will probably learn more under O’Brien in one season than he would under Billy in a dozen seasons. Our HC is a complete buffoon.

And don’t even get me started on having to hire a senior level DC to coach the DC he just hired last year. I mean, who couldn’t foresee (other than Billy) the 13 year old kid, who was a position coach at Bama for a week before Billy increased his salary by 10x to be our DC, failing miserably. What a fcvking train wreck. Worst HC in Gator football history.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Saw someone point this out elsewhere:
Dude was under contract...so either UF let him out of the contract when they didn't have to, or it was poorly written to allow him to bolt whenever. Either way it's not a great look.

Found the contract Stricklin drafted:

IMG_0600.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.