Scott Frost and his 12-20 record accused of violations; may be fired by Christmas

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
The moral of the story is if you’re going to cheat, be sure to have some undefeated seasons & win multiple national titles, then you’ll be an untouchable cash cow.
ROLL_TIDE_2_medium.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’m going to double down on my previously stated belief that Frost, with the kind of athletes he likes, would have been a great fit at Florida.
Not to mention UF would have never hired support staff and consulants so he never would have gotten into trouble here.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Frost was my first choice. And I thought he would have done a good job while at UF, but after thinking about how @oxrageous tells it, I think he would have just been another name after chump and butters. However, I do think he would have worked a lot harder on recruiting than our current staff has so an argument could be made otherwise.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Another Gator opportunity to get into the headlines missed...

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Frost would have done a good job at Florida but anybody should be able to do a good job at Florida. Smart coaches like Saban and Meyer would not have taken the job at Nebraska after coaching at an entry level position such as UCF. I can understand Frost going to Nebraska because he was a Cornhusker from birth. But Saban or Meyer were going for bigger things than Michigan State or Utah.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Still rather have either of them instead of Mullen.
Don't make me go the archives like I've done to the Donkey....
Not only did you slob all over those 2 but you told me and I quote " were waiting until next year to get all the good guys" after Mullens 2nd class...quit trying to deflect...

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
"The NCAA investigation includes Nebraska's impermissible use of analysts and consultants running special teams drills, according to the report. Analysts are not among the 10 full-time on-field assistants and are not allowed to speak with players."

Anyone believe that is not happening at Bama?

See post # 4 in this thread for the answer to your question.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Not a good look for Nebraska. Workouts were moved to an “undisclosed” location off campus to avoid detection and with the assent of Frost, whose former boss, Bill Moos, unexpectedly quit in June, automatically forfeiting $1.25m in deferred comp due in a little over a year. Tell me, who walks away from that?

Maybe Moos’ decision wasn’t all that curious. Maybe Nebraska is looking at a tough decision on Frost, who hasn’t exactly lit it up in spite of the cheating.

If we melded Frost & Mullen together, two half-azzed cheaters who are about as successful at cheating as they are at winning big games, would we get one kick-azz cheater...or just an ugly looking freak of a person wearing some stupid costume on Halloween?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
The moral of the story is if you’re going to cheat, be sure to have some undefeated seasons & win multiple national titles, then you’ll be an untouchable cash cow.

And TEX-A$$ says this and has regrets everyday knowing they were "this close" to having Satan. They lookt at Bama's trophy case and realize just how close that was to that being them. At least at UF we are never that close to that kind of success.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And you Drunkey...don't make me go back and find where you said we were fine keeping McButters....if you haven't edited all of them.... :rotfl:
Yes, your stupendous memory has recorded me as a big pro-Butters guy, Im sure.

that's what happens when you consumed 790,000 gallons of ****ty beer throughout your life.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
I’m going to double down on my previously stated belief that Frost, with the kind of athletes he likes, would have been a great fit at Florida.
I concur. He f'ed up going to his alma mater. And it looks like he's still f'ing up.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Frost was my first choice. And I thought he would have done a good job while at UF, but after thinking about how @oxrageous tells it, I think he would have just been another name after chump and butters. However, I do think he would have worked a lot harder on recruiting than our current staff has so an argument could be made otherwise.

It’s really just a question of what you value the most. I see games like LSU in 2018 that I feel Frost would not have won. That likely applies to several other games as well. I personally think that the first two years would’ve been much uglier, which coming off of WM and JM, would’ve sucked. But I do think we would have recruited better and maybe have more promise. I’m just not sure yet that promise is ever realized.

Again, look at Meyer. When he realized we were going to be garbage after 2009(by his standards), he quit. When he saw we were really going to be garbage after 2010(again, by his standards), he quit for good. Like it or not, it was not in his makeup to lose like that. Frost left a millionaire lifestyle and opportunity to win big in Florida, to go to Lincoln, knowing he’d spend a minimum 2-3 years getting his face kicked in, if not his entire tenure. It was the ultimate mail-in.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This may be the excuse they need to get rid of him. To the surprise of no one, it was never, ever going to work out there.

This is my take on the situation.
Nebraska realizes that Frost ain’t the guy and by busting him for cheating they can dodge the buyout AND quiet any concern regarding firing a favored son.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He was #1 on mine. I have to believe he would recruit much better at UF than at ‘Braska and much than the current staff.

I admit that he was the guy I wanted as well.
The only concern I had was that at some point I assumed that he would want to go back to Nebraska.

Although the bloom is off that rose I remain unconvinced that Mullen was the better choice

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It’s really just a question of what you value the most. I see games like LSU in 2018 that I feel Frost would not have won. That likely applies to several other games as well. I personally think that the first two years would’ve been much uglier, which coming off of WM and JM, would’ve sucked. But I do think we would have recruited better and maybe have more promise. I’m just not sure yet that promise is ever realized.

Again, look at Meyer. When he realized we were going to be garbage after 2009(by his standards), he quit. When he saw we were really going to be garbage after 2010(again, by his standards), he quit for good. Like it or not, it was not in his makeup to lose like that. Frost left a millionaire lifestyle and opportunity to win big in Florida, to go to Lincoln, knowing he’d spend a minimum 2-3 years getting his face kicked in, if not his entire tenure. It was the ultimate mail-in.

I don’t think Frost knew he would lose at Nebraska.
His ego is so large that I believe he truly thought that he was the savior that Nebraska needed.

His arrogance in dealing with UF and his arrogance associated with the decision to go to Nebraska are the reasons why I am reveling in his pain and I look forward to more losing for him.

Say what you want about Urban but at least he was able to manage his ego enough to realize that what he wanted to accomplish was impossible at Notre Dame and much more doable in Gainesville.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.