(SDS) Jake Allen: Gators' QB of the future born to play ball

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
What I got out of that was he couldn't make it at 2 different schools. So he went to a private school where I guarantee you there's less competition than the public schools. That's not good.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
What I got out of that was he couldn't make it at 2 different schools. So he went to a private school where I guarantee you there's less competition than the public schools. That's not good.
Yeah, cause being the starting QB for the #8 team in the nation and being one game away from a second straight state championship is just pitiful. :rolleyes3:

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
The kid isn't LDR. Not even close. I'd compare him to AJ McCarron. Like McCarron, he'll need talent around him to be good. LDR wouldn't be good at bama either. He's a white Treon in that he physically can't play the QB position in big time college football. Still, I'd hope we could recruit a more gifted QB but that doesn't seem likely.

So AJ McCarron...another weak armed QB who had 5* talent around him that made him acceptable....

That doesn't excite me. That doesn't make us any better.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Allen is the real deal and will lead us to the promised land

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jake Allen? QB of the future? LOL

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Have

You

Watched

Him?

I don't hate him, but he's a walkon level talent. At least now.

He also will need three years in the weight room.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I do, too.

But lesbi honest, we aren't fighting anyone to keep them off of him.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is the state championship game on TV tonight?

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, cause being the starting QB for the #8 team in the nation and being one game away from a second straight state championship is just pitiful. :rolleyes3:
people "in the know" are well aware of how easy it is to show up at St. Thomas Aquinas and become a varsity starter. Not a lot of talent at that private school

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nice article. Thanks for sharing. I like what I read. ...but I do have questions about his arm strength. I hope he's another Danny Wuerffel. In Allen's highlights, he's dropping dimes, but they are all dropping. ...no frozen ropes that I saw.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
people "in the know" are well aware of how easy it is to show up at St. Thomas Aquinas and become a varsity starter. Not a lot of talent at that private school

Serious question: If there isn't much talent there, how are they competing at such a high level in Florida?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
We all hope he is the savior. He definitely needs a redshirt year to put on some weight.

Who knows? Losing a star is hard. You have to really work at it. Again, hope he is the real deal.

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
This is the new world record of a dumb post.. He went to STA to AVOID competiton, huh?

I will leave it up to you to look up just how stupid that is. Get back to me on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator