(SDS) Jake Allen: Gators' QB of the future born to play ball

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@BigCountyPreps1: #Gators Fans should be impressed by the performance of their 2017 QB commit Jake Allen tonight: 17-29-1, 329 yards and 5 TD passes.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
@GrahamHall_: Jake Allen with a 62-yard touchdown to WR Michael Harley. Allen's 5th TD pass, Harley's 3rd TD reception. STA up 45-6. Running clock time.
He is going to need to get used to being on the other end of blowouts though. That may be a round transition.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@AndrewSpiveyGC: #Gators commit @Jakeallen_14 is done for the night and likely ends his high school career.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Being a spambot with zero CFB wisdom, I only have true statements to offer on Jake Allen.
1) Passionate about his 'Gatorship'.
2) How many HS QBs do other SEC teams have coming with a 2014 -2016 record of 40-4 ?
3) How many HS QBs "on-the-line" come with 2 State Championships in 3 years?
(Most of the above was done via passing during only 2-3 quarters of "on-field" time.)
Granted, his stats might not have been outstanding in those 4 games STA lost, but in 40/44 (99%)
he had good & winning stats ??
4) Finally, we seem to be beggars at available valid QBs.

Brings to mind one of my pun-gags:
Three fancy Jewish lawyers were hurrying up the opulent steps of the big-city courthouse. A dirty, tattered
beggar approached them. They quickly brushed past.
Once inside Lawyers #1 & 2 said : "Did you notice that that was our old law professor Levy Sweitzer?"
Lawyer #3 : "Impossible. Beggars can't be jews sirs."

Puns are terrible, so I believe this qualifies. :confused:

Last edited:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He chose the Gators and is obviously competitive.... so I am happy he is coming. With the last seven years of QB play.... I am thankful for any QB willing to come.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If he wants to be here, Great. Bring some LB's and DLmen with you.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'll take him. I was a little worried (as-fan can be) with his positional athletic issues that were noticeable at times this year, but the leadership piece has always been there and like 78 and Tn point out, he wants to be in the orange and blue. He's competed against top competition successfully and had a great outing on a big stage last night. May be more playmaker than polished QB, but upside looks better than first assumed. I might have been guilty of thinking "here's our next Brantley," but I don't think that's the case. I'll welcome him.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I just dont like how he looked against some good defenses. His game certainly didn't seem to get better in that situation. You can see why some people say he got his 4th star from being on the team he is on. A project that might turn out alright a few years down the road is how I would classify him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator