(SDS) Jake Allen: Gators' QB of the future born to play ball

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Really, we're in no position to frown and nit pick any wannabe Gator with an attitude of wanting to play ball for our school at the QB position. If nothing else, this helps slide LDR down the bench. We absolutely have to get one of our young players starting and get through the 1st year real competition growing pains. It's a road block and nothing really spectacular grows in subsequent season until that happens. IMO

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
He went 23-62 375 yards 1-3 TD-int. Against the top teams during the season. Beyond awful

He just beat the 'second' best team in the state unmercifully. I watched Franks in the state championship game last year and Allen looks mucho better. I think he's the Weurffel type, looks average but throws lots of tv passes. Five td passes against this defense is impressive. He throws it well while running for his life.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He just beat the 'second' best team in the state unmercifully. I watched Franks in the state championship game last year and Allen looks mucho better. I think he's the Weurffel type, looks average but throws lots of tv passes. Five td passes against this defense is impressive. He throws it well while running for his life.

I must have watched the tape of just some bad stuff then. It wasn't even close to Danny from what I saw when the pressure was on. A lot of inaccurate stuff. I hope he turns out alright but no way do I see this kid coming in and playing right away. He looks to be a project imo.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Is there tape on this game on youtube already. I would like to see what kind of difficult throws he was making because in a couple of other tough games I watched them in the past couple of years he wasn't making many tough throws hardly just finding guys that were pretty open.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Is there tape on this game on youtube already. I would like to see what kind of difficult throws he was making because in a couple of other tough games I watched them in the past couple of years he wasn't making many tough throws hardly just finding guys that were pretty open.
He mostly throws 50/50 balls, Fever....he has great WR's.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
@Gator Fever I posted a few clips in this thread last night if that helps.

Thanks just saw them. Easy money stuff like that offense gets many times. Maybe I am jumping on this kids potential too much based on high school tape but I just call it how I see it. I am not going to say he is just another LDR like some people but I am definitely in the camp he is a project based on the high school film I have seen.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks just saw them. Easy money stuff like that offense gets many times. Maybe I am jumping on this kids potential too much based on high school tape but I just call it how I see it. I am not going to say he is just another LDR like some people but I am definitely in the camp he is a project based on the high school film I have seen.
The kid can read defenses and is accurate - of course he's still learning, but he seems grounded enough to know that he has a lot to learn still. He very well may be a project and he most likely won't start next season as he won't be an EE (STE apparently doesn't allow it), but I believe he's going to be better than anyone we currently have.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I must have watched the tape of just some bad stuff then. It wasn't even close to Danny from what I saw when the pressure was on. A lot of inaccurate stuff. I hope he turns out alright but no way do I see this kid coming in and playing right away. He looks to be a project imo.
You may be correct, but if he's indeed a project, he's at least coming in clean (not a transfer) and has 4 years of eligibility.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I sae a QB throw the 40 yards and hit a receiver in stride and complete a pass to where a receiver was going to be not where he currently was. Two things i dont know if I've seen in Gator uniform lately.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Some are overly critical of a high school kid. Wait and see what he does in the spring.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Really, we're in no position to frown and nit pick any wannabe Gator with an attitude of wanting to play ball for our school at the QB position. If nothing else, this helps slide LDR down the bench. We absolutely have to get one of our young players starting and get through the 1st year real competition growing pains. It's a road block and nothing really spectacular grows in subsequent season until that happens. IMO

Agree Stud. As I said earlier, "a 3-star QB is better than no QB". We need this kid in the class. We need numbers at QB. Look what Bama and FSU do; they load up w/ numbers at QB and one of them rise to the top (who the hell thought Hurd would be the one to rise to the top this year at Bama?).

The shape we're in recruiting wise is....bad. We need to take any kid that wants to come here, especially at a position of need. We are whiffing right now at OL and DT. These crappy recruiters on our staff better find us some bodies at those positions or our next coach is going to be reeling. We can't have a 20 member class this year (when we need 25+) that is void of OL's and DT's. Right now: 1 OL, 0 DT's. Pathetic.

I'm happy we have Allen. Who knows how good (or bad) he'll be... Let's just be happy we have a decent QB in this class.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I thought he played. We had the game on in the background. The one thing you have to like is that he is a winner. Some people are like that. They win wherever they go. I hope that translates here,

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.