SEC Basketball coaching changes

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LSU losing players left and right. Wade gone too?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Good hire for Arky. He's a west coast guy, so we'll see how it works out. I'm surprised Ucla didn't try for him.

NV must be bummed.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It’s a really bad situation for him, IMO. He’s moving his family to the Deep South. White man, black wife and a mixed toddler. He may not make it.

As for Nevada, he could have received a great pay increase and really developed this school. Could have been the next Mark Few.

Oh well. Back to mediocrity.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow the SEC really going for gold with their coaches. Could there be an all SEC Final 4 one day? UF, UK, Auburn, Tenn, Ark, Bama, and/or LSU could do it and almost all have done it before.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Someone is gonna come calling about Texas tech hc and make him an offer he can't refuse.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
UCLA coaching search is looking like Tennessee football coach search. They moved on to Lon Kruger and Barnes. Both those guys would be fools to go.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

This has become quite an interesting story. did they even call Fred Hoiberg? UCLA is still an excellent job, tho not top 4, it is still in the next group. With that said, I was in the Bluegrass State and heard that UCLA offered J Cal 6 years at 8M per year. Of course J Cal turned that into a lifetime deal with UK. Who can blame him? But to me UK could have taken the first shot at something I mentioned weeks ago regarding the Big 4: Brad Stevens. Does anyone think UK called Stevens or his agent before giving J Cal a lifetime whatever? Plenty of UK fans would not shed a tear had J Cal walked, believe you me.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
This has become quite an interesting story. did they even call Fred Hoiberg? UCLA is still an excellent job, tho not top 4, it is still in the next group. With that said, I was in the Bluegrass State and heard that UCLA offered J Cal 6 years at 8M per year. Of course J Cal turned that into a lifetime deal with UK. Who can blame him? But to me UK could have taken the first shot at something I mentioned weeks ago regarding the Big 4: Brad Stevens. Does anyone think UK called Stevens or his agent before giving J Cal a lifetime whatever? Plenty of UK fans would not shed a tear had J Cal walked, believe you me.
Can't believe Hoiberg ended up at Nebraska. He should have held out for a better job.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Someone is gonna come calling about Texas tech hc and make him an offer he can't refuse.
He's from there I believe. I don't see anybody pulling him away. I think he's a lifer there.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That would have been the perfect spot for Musselman to land and he had the most interest going there. Arky got to him much faster. UCLA took too long.
I was surprised he took that job. It's not a really good landing spot. I guess he figured he better get out rather than rebuild.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was surprised he took that job. It's not a really good landing spot. I guess he figured he better get out rather than rebuild.
They made an offer he couldn’t refuse. Arky is where good coaches go to die. Bad move, IMO.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
UCLA's search is beginning to rival Tennessee's football search...

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
He's from there I believe. I don't see anybody pulling him away. I think he's a lifer there.
he's an alum or something? If so, jackpot. Bc that school wouldn't sniff relevance in any sport otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.