SEC Bowl Games

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Watch it again in slow mo….knee appears to be down if not just for a moment. Ruling on the field stands.

No way. Dem voles wuz robbed. Knee never touched and he tweren’t down. The hollers gone be ugly tonight.

Least theys coach loookin most like Fulmer err day.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
As much as the officiating killed us in the Swindle in the Swamp, don't allow a 50+ yard TD pass on 4th down and you win. I've said that since '03 and I'll say that forever. Now, we probably win handily and go to the SEC Title game (lost tiebreaker due to loss) without that officiating though.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I should note for the record that I couldn’t care less about Ut.

But I’ve seen horrible calls made or missed against SEC teams this week. Worst were uncalled intentional grounding and obvious holding against Houston that set them up for their winning score.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017

But I’ve seen horrible calls made or missed against SEC teams this week. Worst were uncalled intentional grounding and obvious holding against Houston that set them up for their winning score.

Some bad ones in our game as well.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
UT, FSU, and UGa can lose every game they ever play due to crappy officiating and I won't give a single God damn. Fuch them. All game every game.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Shocker, Heupel complaining about the “fake injuries” affecting his team again tonight. I actually think he’s done a nice job with tennessee this year and that he may be the guy that gets them back on track. But as I’ve said, if the only way your offense works is to run really fast every play so teams can’t substitute or get lined up—basic parts of football—and the idea of a team being able to do these things is so detrimental to your strategy that it kills your chance at scoring, maybe you should just get better at your job.

Regardless of your feelings on the matter, it’s not going away. And you can’t start assigning penalties like sitting out for a series for players because you think they may be disingenuous about their health. Eventually you’ll have some kid keep playing because it’s the last drive of the game and he doesn’t want to sit it out, and in the process make a bad injury worse. I don’t always like it, but it’s a part of the game now. The fact that commentators bring it up every single game is beyond tiring.

Last edited:

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Shocker, Heupel complaining about the “fake injuries” affecting his team again tonight. I actually think he’s done a nice job with tennessee this year and that he may be the guy that gets them back on track. But as I’ve said, if the only way your offense works is to run really fast every play so teams can’t substitute or get lined up—basic parts of football—and the idea of a team being able to do these things is so detrimental to your strategy that it kills your chance at scoring, maybe you should just get better at your job.

Regardless of your feelings on the matter, it’s not going away. And you can’t start assigning penalties like sitting out for a series for players because you think they may be disingenuous about their health. Eventually you’ll have some kid keep playing because it’s the last drive of the game and he doesn’t want to sit it out, and in the process make a bad injury worse. I don’t always like it, but it’s a part of the game now. The fact that commentators bring it up every single game is beyond tiring.

I can see your point that the defense uses fake injuries to slow down offenses that line up so fast that the defense doesn't have time to line up or substitute. Maybe the answer is that the offense should give the defense time to line up in a reasonable amount of time and if the offense runs the play before the defense has time to get set then it is the offense who gets a 5 yard penalty. That would seem to stop it.

Before I considered your perspective I was placing all the blame on the coaches who were coaching their players to fake injuries to slow down "up tempo" offenses thinking it was these coaches who should hold themselves accountable for teaching their players such nefarious tactics. Reconsidering the situation, I think you might be right that the problem rests more with the other side i.e. the offense.

There was a time when offenses went into a huddle then came out and lined up against a defense already in position which, of course, could shift after seeing how the offense lined up. This produced a more controlled environment albeit maybe not as exciting or as productive of such high scoring football games.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

The college football nation is sick and tired of the SEC domination of the sport.
Nobody should be surprised by the influence of officiating in these bowl games.

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
Going to a NY Eve party that the host is a Dwag. Bought a Michigan shirt to wear that night.
Go Big Blue!
If you really want to make a memorable impact, after a few Cham-Pag-Nees, go over and start humping the Dwag’s wife’s leg while doing that stupid bark thing they do.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I think that this was the same officiating crew that was suspended after they messed up the Duke/Miami game a few years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.