SEC Explains Play Clock Call

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Double Gator Dad;n51471 said:
So Stoops is complaining about a very close no call, that has since been validated, yet he completely ignores the numerous, and I mean numerous missed calls that went in his favor? Mark is clearly Bob's brother.
If the idiot refs call the spear on Taylor:
1. We get 15 yards closer to a score
2. His best defensive tackle is disqualified from the game
3. His best defensive tackle misses the first half of their next game

Stoops should shut up. His team had multiple chances to win the game and did not get it done. End of story.

Definitely genetics. Those guys whine like no one else.

The funny thing that I think is conveniently overlooked is the fact that at best, it backs us up 5 yards. It was already 4th and long with an obvious passing play. Would 5 more yards really have mattered that much? I could see if it was 4th and 1 to 4th and 6, altering the play-calling entirely. But we were going to the endzone regardless. And delay of game isn't on the same level as an obvious hold, pass interference, etc. It literally has no bearing on the play. They failed to stop us when it mattered most. Really all there is to it.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator said:
Double Gator Dad;n51471 said:
So Stoops is complaining about a very close no call, that has since been validated, yet he completely ignores the numerous, and I mean numerous missed calls that went in his favor? Mark is clearly Bob's brother.
If the idiot refs call the spear on Taylor:
1. We get 15 yards closer to a score
2. His best defensive tackle is disqualified from the game
3. His best defensive tackle misses the first half of their next game

Stoops should shut up. His team had multiple chances to win the game and did not get it done. End of story.

Definitely genetics. Those guys whine like no one else.

The funny thing that I think is conveniently overlooked is the fact that at best, it backs us up 5 yards. It was already 4th and long with an obvious passing play. Would 5 more yards really have mattered that much? I could see if it was 4th and 1 to 4th and 6, altering the play-calling entirely. But we were going to the endzone regardless. And delay of game isn't on the same level as an obvious hold, pass interference, etc. It literally has no bearing on the play. They failed to stop us when it mattered most. Really all there is to it.
Very good point.

Still wish something would happen with the no-call on the spearing of Taylor.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mudd said:
I was so mad about that late spear. How does no one in stripes on the field see that?!? :boom:
Oh, they saw it. They just decided not to do anything about it. The pathetic performance from that crew should've earned them a suspension.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator said:
That was close enough that the call could have went either way and the other side would have a legitimate gripe. After last year, we deserve a few breaks to go our way.
Are you talking about the Taylor hit? There is no way that was close

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.