Gator Basketball SEC tourney cancelled

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I wouldn’t doubt it...he’s gotta be frustrated with the schematic ability of that used car salesman we have coaching our basketball team

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Hopefully the SEC decides to not allow fans to attend the tournament due to Coronavirus.
Why? Because it’s better that fewer people watch our team’s mediocre performance.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He may decide he's too injured until the season is over, then will be instantly and miraculously recovered to train for the NBA draft.

The guy just doesn’t look like an NBA player to me. I have never seen an NBA guy play on his toes before

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017

Exactly. This team plays at the 325th slowest pace out of 353 teams per KenPom. It is brutal. If we only had a bunch of highly rated players we could possibly try to get more possessions so their higher talent level could more significantly impact the game with more opportunities. Too bad we don't have any athleticly superior players among Lewis, Johnson, Mann, Payne, and even Nembhard and Glover. Perhaps we'd even have a fast-break kick out to a decent three point shooter?

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Only way we win the tourney is if all the other teams get infected. Will Mike White serve as patient zero?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Mike White has fantasies of the pre shot clock era, when teams could hold the ball an entire game without shooting. He probably busts a nut at the idea of winning a game while scoring less than 10 points.

The man despises offense and views it as nothing more than a necessary evil part of the game.

fasonfan

Jesus Saves
Nov 1, 2017
it will be interesting to see how us and other teams from the non bye spots respond.. Some teams actually play better playing daily while other teams get tired out.. Usually by Sunday the teams that played Wed/Thursday are so tired from playing 4-5 days. I think White needs to some how keep us fresh for Friday if we are all tired out we'll be in trouble. I think we'll see some upsets in this thing I wouldn't be surprised if top seeds get knock out this SEC year has been anything but predicatble...

fasonfan

Jesus Saves
Nov 1, 2017
Mike White has fantasies of the pre shot clock era, when teams could hold the ball an entire game without shooting. He probably busts a nut at the idea of winning a game while scoring less than 10 points.

The man despises offense and views it as nothing more than a necessary evil part of the game.
if you look at the pre-hiring evaluations of White they said his Louisiana tech team had an explosive offense I wonder what happened.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
it will be interesting to see how us and other teams from the non bye spots respond.. Some teams actually play better playing daily while other teams get tired out.. Usually by Sunday the teams that played Wed/Thursday are so tired from playing 4-5 days. I think White needs to some how keep us fresh for Friday if we are all tired out we'll be in trouble. I think we'll see some upsets in this thing I wouldn't be surprised if top seeds get knock out this SEC year has been anything but predicatble...

I agree about game pace

I think White could flourish coaching back during the Dean Smith Four Corners era when teams could score less than 20 points and win

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I'll wait until the tourney if there is one. I've had my fill of watching a Muschamp, I mean Mike White offense.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ole Miss BLASTED by UGA so we will play UGA who will be HUNGRY for revenge because of what we did to them in our last game against them and shut them completely down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator