Secondary still getting torched

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n282083 said:
Wait. Maty Mauk?? :rotfl:

I don't think he has even watched Mizzou play this year....

I am betting Maty Mauk isn't even QB by the time we play them. Drew Lock, their freshman has out played that bozo this year so far.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n282101 said:
Maty Mauk didn't win that game for them last year. Four return touchdowns won that game for them last year. Mauk was awful. And I'm not sure if you caught his performance against juggernaut UConn yesterday, but he really lit the world on fire. :rolleyes:

If we lose to Missouri, it won't be because of Maty Mauk. It'll be because they have a great defense and we'll be playing on the road.

Their defense is actually a little more suspect this year. Sure their numbers look good now but look who they played.

They lack a good pass rush and their secondary is fairly weak compared to years past.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Swamped Gator;n282125 said:
They averaged two passes per quarter, we suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously??? :bwahaha:

You're missing the point. IF they had complete all their passes, we could've lost that game.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n282127 said:
You're missing the point. IF they had complete all their passes, we could've lost that game.

I hope to God that you're being sarcastic.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm hoping the offense finds itself by the time opposing teams locate and exploit our defensive weaknesses. The D line will likely be our saving grace for more than just a few more weeks.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You can't do shiite in football offensively without a mature, well orchestrated and harmonized O-line. So, I'm trying to enjoy watching the Gators develop a true identity with a Coach that understands it's a one step at a time process after the chalk board dolt we've had for a half decade. We're not the cream of the league anymore, but it's nice to have a program leader using milk instead of bullshiite to heal our wounds. Go Gators!!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
LongTooth;n282118 said:
it's gonna be a game of inches for UF this year. UK QB goes 9 or 10 for 24 and this board would be reeling. the D needs to be just about perfect this year if we want those 8 or 9 wins.

agree about Poole. i think he had coverage on the long throw down the left side.
If my aunt had balls , she would be my uncle.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So you guys are saying that we might actually lose a few games this year? That's a pretty bold and dire prediction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
t-gator;n282172 said:
If my aunt had balls , she would be my uncle.

Oh, I see. People can go on and on about this or that throw by Harris or Grier that might've gotten intercepted against one our opponents thus far, but can't mention plays by the defense that could've cost us the game. Otherwise, there will be copious amounts of snark to follow. Got it.

If it was only something that happened in this game or one of the others, it wouldn't be worth mentioning. But it has reared its head in all three games so far.

UT's OC is already trying figure out how to set the defensive backfield up for plays like this. He'll have to because those guys have done a good job keeping short and intermediate stuff in front of them all day.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
LongTooth;n282228 said:
Oh, I see. People can go on and on about this or that throw by Harris or Grier that might've gotten intercepted against one our opponents thus far, but can't mention plays by the defense that could've cost us the game. Otherwise, there will be copious amounts of snark to follow. Got it.

If it was only something that happened in this game or one of the others, it wouldn't be worth mentioning. But it has reared its head in all three games so far.

UT's OC is already trying figure out how to set the defensive backfield up for plays like this. He'll have to because those guys have done a good job keeping short and intermediate stuff in front of them all day.

Kentucky runs an air raid offense and went 8-24. I think our secondary played lights out. And towles is about as good as any qb left on our schedule. I think you're being a little dramatic.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
LongTooth;n282228 said:
Otherwise, there will be copious amounts of snark to follow. Got it.
Welcome to message boards. :dance:

The best way to fight that is to be snarky right back.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
LongTooth;n282082 said:
Cap, you are aware that the dropped td would've been enough to finish us?

Whistle past the graveyard all you want but this has gone on in all three games.

Better teams than UK will definitely try to exploit this. Mauk and those pikers at Missou will for sure.

Remember though that this was the first game where all of the starters were on the field and in their respective positions. Not that it matters much but remember these guys got eaten up in the first few games last year and got better and better throughout the remainder of the season.....Everybody gets beaten occasionally at this level but this is not really that big of an area of concern if you ask me....Ask Bama if they would have traded defensive back performances with us last night....

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n282107 said:
Long tooth short brain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zambo, I gave you an award-like called "The Succinct Dagger". :gator:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
LongTooth;n282052 said:
All praises to the DLine. Six sacks.

I'd say their play was more integral to winning this game than anything else.

Unfortunately, teams are still slinging long balls over the top against us. We were lucky the one that beat Hargreaves was dropped. And we're lucky that the one completed on the other side didn't result in 7.

DBU is susceptible to the big play. Even mediocre QBs will feast on this weakness if we don't get it right. UK left 11 points out there. Other teams won't.
8/24 for just over 100 yards? Thought we looked a lot better last night.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Where did UK offense rank ... before they met us, then after us ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.