Shane Matthews & Brady Ackerman go in depth about our facilities

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That was very informative. It only confirms everything I've been reading. But mostly, it just pisses me off!

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Gatorphan;n233289 said:
That was very informative. It only confirms everything I've been reading. But mostly, it just pisses me off!

Yep....it did me 2. It's a Damn shame that our "Great AD" allowed it to happen!

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
Yep....it did me 2. It's a Damn shame that our "Great AD" allowed it to happen!
I don't have problem with his hires, he's been pretty good for the most part and his mistakes are understandable. But there is no excuse for this situation. I may have to join the fire fooley bandwagon. I hope the media keeps making a bigger deal about this. We don't have to have the best, because we have the Swamp (it will always be a lure). Like Shane says, there are land restrictions. That's part of Florda's campus charm. But we need to have the best possible facilities that UF can offer.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Gatorphan;n233309 said:
I don't have problem with his hires, he's been pretty good for the most part and his mistakes are understandable. But there is no excuse for this situation. I may have to join the fire fooley bandwagon. I hope the media keeps making a bigger deal about this. We don't have to have the best, because we have the Swamp (it will always be a lure). Like Shane says, there are land restrictions. That's part of Florda's campus charm. But we need to have the best possible facilities that UF can offer.

Now maybe everyone will understand where i'm coming from and see why i've been B!tching about this.

Seka

Apr 19, 2015
Shocked and disappointing what Shane & Brady noted - UF has better facilities than vandy - and that's it! Marianna,FL_Gators is correct:
Damn shame that our "Great AD" allowed it to happen!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well the one good thing about Muschamp screwing up is it finally got Foley to look at the facilities situation and to start getting it corrected. Foley's legacy is on the line a little bit with McElwain (who I think will end up being a good hire) since the other 2 football hires which were pretty much all his have crashed and burned. Everyone knew Meyer was being hired no matter what due to Machen after his Spurrier comments to the press and since football dwarfs everything else Donovan wouldn't be enough to undo 3 bad football hires.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Foley's thinking continues to mystify me. There's an urgent arms race for superiority in the SEC and Foley's committed to investing for zero interest rates in the bank. I wouldn't want this guy managing my portfolio.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I guess its audio, I cant view/play it, work comp restrictions. Someone post a synopsis please, thanks.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n233382 said:
I guess its audio, I cant view/play it, work comp restrictions. Someone post a synopsis please, thanks.

8 NCs before JF
27 NCs since he's been AD

Behind in football facilities, so let's kill him.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n233380]Foley's thinking continues to mystify me. There's an urgent arms race for superiority in the SEC and Foley's committed to investing for zero interest rates in the bank. I wouldn't want this guy managing my portfolio.[/QUOTE]

That's not even getting into his "dollar cost averaging" play on WM.

I'm generally a fan of Foley and know him to an extent on a personal level. But our situation--both on the field and as far as facilities-- in the largest revenue sport is pretty inexcusable. The window for a turnaround is fairly small these days and he has a lot of work to do in a hurry to keep up.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n233382 said:

Matthews said he believes it is hurting recruiting not keeping up with the others in facilities and the others he has seen were better. Ackerman said our facilities were better than Vanderbilts and about the same as SC but worse than the rest including Kentucky's football facilities. They were also saying that Ole Miss had worse than us in 09 but had better facilities now and that even the baseball/softball facilities at UF are falling well behind the others now.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not only should FL baseball field have a roof, it should have AC for the fans (at least for the infield stands).

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
MJMGator;n233398 said:
8 NCs before JF
27 NCs since he's been AD

Behind in football facilities, so let's kill him.
Obviously you didn't listen either because it wasn't just Football. We're behind in Football,Baseball,Softball,and Basketball.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
Obviously you didn't listen either because it wasn't just Football. We're behind in Football,Baseball,Softball,and Basketball.

I listened, but I just don't happen to think we have dilapidated facilities. I'm sure some upgrades are needed and I know that several are scheduled, but I don't see the need to have waterfalls and sh*t like the Bammers. I also don't see the need to go in debt like many programs around the country have done. I understand the opinion that it's put us at a disadvantage in recruiting, but I'm of the opinion that the product on the field has MUCH more to do with that than who has the biggest plasma TV in the locker room.
If softball is so bad, then how did we just win back to back NCs and have the #1 recruiting class coming in? The answer is having the right coach produce a winner on the field.
Foley has made some mistakes in hiring, like all long tenured ADs have done. He appears to have also lagged a bit in some of the facilities upgrades, but he's still the best in the country.
Now...back to your regularly scheduled "Fire Foley" hissy fit.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n233499 said:
I listened, but I just don't happen to think we have dilapidated facilities. I'm sure some upgrades are needed and I know that several are scheduled, but I don't see the need to have waterfalls and sh*t like the Bammers. I also don't see the need to go in debt like many programs around the country have done. I understand the opinion that it's put us at a disadvantage in recruiting, but I'm of the opinion that the product on the field has MUCH more to do with that than who has the biggest plasma TV in the locker room.
If softball is so bad, then how did we just win back to back NCs and have the #1 recruiting class coming in? The answer is having the right coach produce a winner on the field.
Foley has made some mistakes in hiring, like all long tenured ADs have done. He appears to have also lagged a bit in some of the facilities upgrades, but he's still the best in the country.

It's all relative. Our facilities are far from dilapidated, but in relation to the rest of the nation's most competitive athletic conference, they have become so so, and that's an issue.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n233499 said:

Denial isn't just a river in Africa.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When pretty much everybody that knows what they're talking about says our facilities are behind the 8-ball when compared to the rest of the SEC and even most of the country, it's pretty damning of the AD's "Tom-cheapery" towards the facilities arms race.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
playzwtrux;n233463 said:
Not only should FL baseball filed have a roof, it should have AC for the fans (at least for the infield stands).

I don't know if this is serious or not, but I guess I'll just ask if there's a single on-campus, baseball-only stadium in Division 1 baseball that's indoors. They could cover the bleachers, but after that, you're not going to get a domed college baseball stadium. :lol:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
MJMGator;n233499 said:
Smmfh...thinking like this just shows me that you don't have a clue how these recruits think nowadays. You know how Bama has had 6 straight # 1 ranked recruiting classes???? It's because they do have "Waterfalls and $hit" that's why! Bama recruited good before Saban got there but nothing like they are able to do today and the reason they are able to recruit like they do is because they have the best of everything. We're Florida and if we had the same or better facilities as Bama,LSU,UGA do you know what would happen? We'd get whoever the F*ck we wanted that's what! I don't want Foley fired BTW I just want him to do his F*cking job and fix the $hit that's broken but I guess you can't understand that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator