Recruiting Shane Matthews: Myles Graham is the best high school football player I’ve ever seen

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
He was in the same class as Eli Williams and Fred Taylor(94). I’ve seen a bail bonds billboard with his name on it. Assuming that’s him.
1698431213034.png
96 Natty roster. Converted to WR but still buried. They tried him at corner the next year. They also moved Eli to CB as well.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Donkey:

He is the real deal I think. I think he will be that dude at MLB. Honestly, my favorite recruit in this class more than the QB or LJ or anyone else. Consensus 5 star too.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Donkey:

He is the real deal I think. I think he will be that dude at MLB. Honestly, my favorite recruit in this class more than the QB or LJ or anyone else. Consensus 5 star too.
For 2024, we got our Tebow, our Spikes - now we need our Harvins’

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Donkey:

Donkey got his ass slain so many times he is scared to come back here so he counts on you posting his stuff for him. Fear does that to some people and asses too.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Baker graduated high school in 1991, so that’s definitely not true.

Both y'all wrong.

Tony Davis out of Chipley was the stud RB recruit in '92. We thought he was a future superstar. Disappeared.

'93 Recruiting Class RBs:
Tyrone Baker, Gainesville (Buchholz)
Terrence Foy, Winter Park
Elijah Williams, Milton
We were super excited about this group based on speed. Game-breakers as opposed to Errict Rhett who was a stud but didn't have elite speed. Baker and Foy disappeared too.

Fred Taylor, Belle Glade and Terry Jackson, PK Yonge were RB recruits in '94. Taylor was the stud, and we thought Jackson was nothing but a legacy who wouldn't amount to much. Taylor eventually became a stud after they moved Eli Williams from RB to corner and stopped splitting carries (and he belongs in the HOF) but Jackson had a great career himself including a long run in the NFL.

My favorite Fred Taylor story...UGA illegally paid him around $40K to sign with the 'Dawgs. He took the money and signed with Florida instead. Whatcha gonna bitches, sue me?!?!

Alex.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Both y'all wrong.

Tony Davis out of Chipley was the stud RB recruit in '92. We thought he was a future superstar. Disappeared.

'93 Recruiting Class RBs:
Tyrone Baker, Gainesville (Buchholz)
Terrence Foy, Winter Park
Elijah Williams, Milton
We were super excited about this group based on speed. Game-breakers as opposed to Errict Rhett who was a stud but didn't have elite speed. Baker and Foy disappeared too.

Fred Taylor, Belle Glade and Terry Jackson, PK Yonge were RB recruits in '94. Taylor was the stud, and we thought Jackson was nothing but a legacy who wouldn't amount to much. Taylor eventually became a stud after they moved Eli Williams from RB to corner and stopped splitting carries (and he belongs in the HOF) but Jackson had a great career himself including a long run in the NFL.

My favorite Fred Taylor story...UGA illegally paid him around $40K to sign with the 'Dawgs. He took the money and signed with Florida instead. Whatcha gonna bitches, sue me?!?!

Alex.
Haven't heard that story before. It still pisses me off. We could've given him a free game of bowling at the Reitz union and received a two year bowl ban during that time.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Question for those in the know: If Shane Matthews thinks that Myles Graham is the best high school football player he's ever seen, has he never seen any of Emmit Smith's high school game film? Or Derrick Henry's?

I'm not saying that Graham isn't the best HS player ever, just questioning Matthew's field of perspective...

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Question for those in the know: If Shane Matthews thinks that Myles Graham is the best high school football player he's ever seen, has he never seen any of Emmit Smith's high school game film? Or Derrick Henry's?

I'm not saying that Graham isn't the best HS player ever, just questioning Matthew's field of perspective...

Shane studies 12 hours of high school film every day and has seen every player to ever play a down of high school dating back to 1969. So, ya he has a field of perspective

Dumb And Dumber GIF

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My sister graduated with Doug. She said he was a prick.
Same age as Doug. Went to college with numerous of his "friends". Never heard a nice thing about the guy....ever. The student body never liked him either.

Favorite news I ever heard about Doug:
1698452988477.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.