Recruiting Shane Matthews: Myles Graham is the best high school football player I’ve ever seen

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He said he’s significantly bigger and faster than Ernest Graham was. He could play linebacker or running back at UF.

Tuesday’s podcast.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
I’ve seen a few highlights on ch 20 out of Gainesville, hes a stud running the ball but will probably see the field next year at LB.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He’s the engine behind the Buchholz football team.

Have they ever been undefeated?

8-0 and ranked eighth in the state.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I love that they decided to move to Gainesville so he could be close to the program. I bet he’s doing what he can with S&C, nutrition, film etc. even as he’s finishing high school and leading their team.

Shane has a very good eye for talent.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We need to rethink him playing linebacker. He just made that football field look like it was 25 yds long

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
A LB with the speed and quickness of a RB.

6'1" - 215 lbs. A little light for LB.

Perfect for RB.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
A LB with the speed and quickness of a RB.

6'1" - 215 lbs. A little light for LB.

Perfect for RB.
He'll gain more weight once he gets to UF. All of his ratings are as an LB. That's what we are recruiting him as. It is easy finding RBs. It is tough finding elite LBs with his speed. There aren't a lot of those guys.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He’s the engine behind the Buchholz football team.

Have they ever been undefeated?

8-0 and ranked eighth in the state.
Buchholz won the state title in 1990 on the back of an unstoppable RB Tyrone Baker running for about a million yards. I was at the game.

Baker then became a Gator who did absolutely nothing, and was buried on Spurrier's bench. Saw him mainly on special teams.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Buchholz won the state title in 1990 on the back of Tyrone Baker (who then became a Gator) running for about a million yards. I was at the game.

He was in the same class as Eli Williams and Fred Taylor(94). I’ve seen a bail bonds billboard with his name on it. Assuming that’s him.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He was in the same class as Eli Williams and Fred Taylor(94). I’ve seen a bail bonds billboard with his name on it. Assuming that’s him.
Baker graduated high school in 1991, so that’s definitely not true.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
We need to rethink him playing linebacker. He just made that football field look like it was 25 yds long
I don't recall who the coach was, but I recall one saying a lot of the greatest LBs hehad coached had previously played running back. Makes sense I guess.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Growing up in Michigan, in junior high and HS, almost all the really good RBs of size played 2 ways as LBs
My kid's HS had a really good football team and the star running back from their class played safety on defense, but he crowded the line a lot like an extra LB. He was recruited as a RB to tOSU and now is a starter for them at..............LB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.