Shannon reels in another South Florida recruit

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Law98gator;n218559 said:
https://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/commitments/2016/miamifl-11
We aren't locking down South Florida. We are really taking a bite out of FAU's class though.
It's amazing how far Miami has fallen. Their classes used to be loaded with 4 and 5 star kids.

There was I stat I couldn't believe during the draft and I still don't know if its true. They said this year was the first year since 2003 that Miami had 2 first round picks.

I get an eerie feeling that will be us in about 10 years.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How THEY have fallen? We are celebrating if kid manages to be two or three star and making excuses about the zero star guys we land. They have the #1 class at the moment (won't last long), even with a walking dead coach. I just looked at them to see whom we can steal later after their HC gets fired.

Forget your eerie feeling. Fooley is fired during or after his third strike.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Miami has a significantly better class than us this year so far...

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Nobody's comparing their class to ours. It was just an observation about Miami and their downfall. And firing Foley doesn't mean our problems would be fixed. Until we get back on top we're in the same boat as Miami, Tennessee, Michigan, USC or any other school that used to be good. Right now we're has beens.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;218570 said:
Nobody's comparing their class to ours. It was just an observation about Miami and their downfall. And firing Foley doesn't mean our problems would be fixed. Until we get back on top we're in the same boat as Miami, Tennessee, Michigan, USC or any other school that used to be good. Right now we're has beens.

It's disconcerting to say the least.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
As bad as I hate to say it FSU owns the state in recruiting right now. If you look at most of the top guys in the state they are already committed to Clown U. Mac and Co have to figure out a way to flip some of their recruits along with kicking their a$$ in G-ville so we can break the momentum they have on the trail. I'm not worried about Miami anymore. They have been down for over a decade and it's not getting better anytime soon.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Odd pickup at this stage of the game. But we should have plenty of room, so I'm not too worried about space. And it's not as if he'd scare off one of the "big fish" we're chasing at DB. To me there's little harm other than perception. That's easily fixed with landing a few star players. Basically, I'd agree that the staff definitely needs to step it up and produce a great cycle, but this has no bearing on our class.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n218570 said:
And firing Foley doesn't mean our problems would be fixed.
No, but we've seen what the "we're not getting in the arms race" and always hire your coaches on the cheap mentality has given us. We know that mindset has failed already. I also find it ironic that HE isn't low payed, just his coaches and coaching staffs.

However, you are correct, we are a total project at this point. Can't even recruit with USF or UCF at the moment.

Thanks, Foley. Sure glad you like the direction of the program.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's difficult to criticize this early in the recruiting game. Pretty much everybody thought Ahmad Black from Lakeland (5'11" 170lbs) was just a throw-in to go with the Pouncey's. Turns out he's one of my favorite Gators ever.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n218834 said:
It's May. Just a reminder to everyone
Would it hurt to throw the fans a 4 or 5 star bone after all the chimpchit?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;218800 said:
It's difficult to criticize this early in the recruiting game. Pretty much everybody thought Ahmad Black from Lakeland (5'11" 170lbs) was just a throw-in to go with the Pouncey's. Turns out he's one of my favorite Gators ever.

Ahmad was a 4 star DB and one of the Top 20 DBs in the country. Not the same.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
GatorTAG;n218562 said:
I get an eerie feeling that will be us in about 10 years.
it will be if foley is allowed to continue

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n218838 said:
Ahmad was a 4 star DB and one of the Top 20 DBs in the country. Not the same.

But was AB a 4 star before his senior year or did he get to 4 stars after his commitment to the Gators?
I'm just saying that CJ McWilliams hasn't even played his HS senior year yet - a lot of development can take place in one year for a HS kid.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n218846 said:
But was AB a 4 star before his senior year or did he get to 4 stars after his commitment to the Gators?
I'm just saying that CJ McWilliams hasn't even played his HS senior year yet - a lot of development can take place in one year for a HS kid.

I don't know. But I can tell you that this class is strange. We're taking a bunch of kids that shouldn't have commitable offers yet.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Either our coaches know something no else does or our coaching staff... Hell, I got no idea why they are recruiting this guy. Hopefully they know something we don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator