Shannon reels in another South Florida recruit

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
skyflake;n219242 said:
The acceptance of this kid is a troubling sign. It's too be expected that a new hire's first class will not be very good. That's what happened this past class, the two five stars, Jefferson and Ivey, really saved it fro being horrible. But, usually, a new hire's second class is great at UF. He can sell hope, playing time, enthusiasm, the promise of a better team, etc. Butch Jones has done that at Tennessee. one thing to take a handful "under the radar" prospects, but if a large percentage fall into that category, I think it's a problem, unless UF's coaches are smarter than anyone else. Shannon was the only one who offered UF's lone linebacker in the past class, and flipped a player from FAU. Now UF takes a player that's only offer was from FAU. It's not going well. UF must get a quarterback, will the only one that says yes be Culpepper? I'd trade Duke's class for UF's right now, that's how far UF has sunk. Maybe McElwain has a different philosophy, something akin to Gary Pinkel at Missouri. Missouri's classes are never highly ranked, yet they have won the East the past two years and have destroyed Florida on the field. We can only hope that McElwain is as astute and is choosing players based on their ability to fit into his system.

Lets be real about Pinkle and Mizzou. The only reason he won the east is because the east has been awful.

That same Mizzou team got waxed at home by Georgia and then again against Alabama. The talent on the field was lopsided especially in the SEC Champ game.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
skyflake;n219242 said:
The acceptance of this kid is a troubling sign. It's too be expected that a new hire's first class will not be very good. That's what happened this past class, the two five stars, Jefferson and Ivey, really saved it fro being horrible. But, usually, a new hire's second class is great at UF. He can sell hope, playing time, enthusiasm, the promise of a better team, etc. Butch Jones has done that at Tennessee. one thing to take a handful "under the radar" prospects, but if a large percentage fall into that category, I think it's a problem, unless UF's coaches are smarter than anyone else. Shannon was the only one who offered UF's lone linebacker in the past class, and flipped a player from FAU. Now UF takes a player that's only offer was from FAU. It's not going well. UF must get a quarterback, will the only one that says yes be Culpepper? I'd trade Duke's class for UF's right now, that's how far UF has sunk. Maybe McElwain has a different philosophy, something akin to Gary Pinkel at Missouri. Missouri's classes are never highly ranked, yet they have won the East the past two years and have destroyed Florida on the field. We can only hope that McElwain is as astute and is choosing players based on their ability to fit into his system.

Shultz....is that you?

S

skyflake

Founding Member
Founding Member
chferg;n219243 said:
Lets be real about Pinkle and Mizzou. The only reason he won the east is because the east has been awful.

That same Mizzou team got waxed at home by Georgia and then again against Alabama. The talent on the field was lopsided especially in the SEC Champ game.

I thought that winning was what mattered? Isn't that the reason UF has a new football coach? I think it's laughable to denigrate Missouri. It was Missouri, not Georgia, that has made the trip to Atlanta the past two years. If the talent on the field is so "lopsided," how could that happen? Missouri also got waxed in the only two years they won the North division, 2007-8, by Oklahoma, so them not winning a conference crown is not just an SEC thing. They also lost to Indiana this year, but that doesn't mean they didn't win the East. Also for such an "awful" division, they did win all of their bowl games, while the highly overrated West lost most of theirs. It's all relative, and to denigrate Missouri, especially when they have destroyed UF the past two years, is stunning.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I prefer Sky King

th

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Really late in the recruiting schedule the top QB in the state of New Mexico had no offer. He and his coach-father were
essentially begging any school to sign him ? I forgot his name, but when I read his stats they were very good.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Florida has offered Houston (Texas) Westfield Quarterback Dillon Sterling-Cole. He was visited by Nussmeier on April 23rd. He's also teammates with 4* WR Tyrie Cleveland, who recently decommited from Texas A&M after being visited by Florida on April 9th.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
NVGator;n219241 said:
beats the hell out of the Muschump Pumping you were doing in the beginning. Quite acting like you always hated the Chump. I remember plenty of you "BOOM" love.

latest

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n219241 said:
beats the hell out of the Muschump Pumping you were doing in the beginning. Quite acting like you always hated the Chump. I remember plenty of you "BOOM" love.
Yes, but I did sniff out the Ray Goof Dawg**** stench while 99% were still on the bandwagon, and while some thought we were going to punt and play defense our way to championships.

But, yes, you got me. I blame Dazosis. I didn't really think we could get worse than Mr. 90 ranked offense Daz if we tried.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n219353 said:
Yes, but I did sniff out the Ray Goof Dawg**** stench while 99% were still on the bandwagon, and while some thought we were going to punt and play defense our way to championships.

But, yes, you got me. I blame Dazosis. I didn't really think we could get worse than Mr. 90 ranked offense Daz if we tried.
Dazalitosis....I like it

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
rogdochar;n219315 said:
Really late in the recruiting schedule the top QB in the state of New Mexico had no offer. He and his coach-father were
essentially begging any school to sign him ? I forgot his name, but when I read his stats they were very good.
Rog, here's an update on the kid. He got a scholarship to Butler Community College in Kansas.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks GatorTag. I felt sorry for the excellent kid. 3.75 GPA, 13-0 state champions, 49 TDs just 6 INTs. Top QB
records in the state, Pro-style QB. Looks a lot like Danny Wuerffel.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
rogdochar;n219379 said:
Thanks GatorTag. I felt sorry for the excellent kid. 3.75 GPA, 13-0 state champions, 49 TDs just 6 INTs. Top QB
records in the state, Pro-style QB. Looks a lot like Danny Wuerffel.
I guess our bench was just too full. :shake:

TNgator20

Jan 8, 2015
I saw where Tyrie Cleveland tweeted out that him and Cole would be officially playing together at the next level right after Cole tweeted that he was blessed to receive offer from UF. Take it for what it's worth but i'd love to land both of the TX guys! Cole is super underrated and his stock will continue to rise in my opinion.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
TNgator20;n219450 said:
I saw where Tyrie Cleveland tweeted out that him and Cole would be officially playing together at the next level right after Cole tweeted that he was blessed to receive offer from UF. Take it for what it's worth but i'd love to land both of the TX guys! Cole is super underrated and his stock will continue to rise in my opinion.
I think we land them and the other 4* WR (can't remember his name at the moment )from there we're after also. The hiring of Rumph is opening up roads into Texas for us and I believe we'll capitalize on that.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Breaking: Florida land's Carol City CB Keelen Roberts. http:florida.247sports.com/Bolt/BREAKING-Roberts-Commits-to-Florida-37138421

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator