Shemar James out for the year: Dislocated kneecap

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Trainers need to be shot letting him play Saturday. And Jacksonville can EABOD for the field conditions as well.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Respect to Shamar for gutting it out during the game.

Don’t know about you, but if I had a dislocated kneecap, I wouldn’t even get up to get a beer from the fridge.

Ok, I would for a beer. But that’s it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I was watching a play in high school when one of the actors had this happen on stage. The kneecap pops out and goes around to the back of the knee. Evidently it hurts.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I know of only one other player who suffered this injury. Wendell Davis tripped on a carpet seam at Veterans Stadium and blew out both kneecaps. That was the end of his career. James is an absolute warrior to have gutted out the game.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I know of only one other player who suffered this injury. Wendell Davis tripped on a carpet seam at Veterans Stadium and blew out both kneecaps. That was the end of his career. James is an absolute warrior to have gutted out the game.
He completely tore both patella tendons on that play, much more severe than what happened to James.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

You had to throw that in there? We were doing some remodeling. Get off your high horse.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Not sure what surgery they are doing for this but surgeries for chronic patella subluxations are iffy at best. If they are hemming down he medial retinaculum fine, anything else and they could make it worse.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Wish Shemar a speedy recovery. Screw whoever was responsible for that field. Thank goodness Mullinz recruiting was so good at LB. Otherwise, we’d be screwed.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry to hear this. Big effort guy and would’ve liked for him to finish the season with an eye toward growth in his technique. Football can become about attrition. Next man up as @Joegator96 said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator