Shemar James out for the year: Dislocated kneecap

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I had a cracked knee cap when I was 16. It was very painful, but after the swelling went down, it never hindered my knee's function. It just hurt like hell if it was ever touched. I imagine that a dislocated knee cap would be very painful and uncomfortable. Shemar is a tough dude.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure what surgery they are doing for this but surgeries for chronic patella subluxations are iffy at best. If they are hemming down he medial retinaculum fine, anything else and they could make it worse.
You're a janitor. Either you googled that or you just made up a bunch of words.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
I had a cracked knee cap when I was 16. It was very painful, but after the swelling went down, it never hindered my knee's function. It just hurt like hell if it was ever touched. I imagine that a dislocated knee cap would be very painful and uncomfortable. Shemar is a tough dude.
I spent a year at Shands in one of the ortho clinic. One of the few days that we actually had ice on the sidewalks the chief of anesthesiology slipped and landed right on top his knee cap..shattered it. He came up to our clinic for his post-op rehab. I remember vividly the pain he had in his recovery and not the toughest dude either. I'd rather have a total knee replacement than go through that injury.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Was James exactly lighting it up? We all know he was not. Let's see how the guys behind him do.
This will test the decisions to bring in Mitchell and Nunnery, plus the development of Wingo. Maybe Spurlock, too. We do have depth. It feels less traumatic than losing Ventrell did a few years ago. We’ll see if the other guys hold up against “Rocket.” Better be tougher than they were against KY.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This will test the decisions to bring in Mitchell and Nunnery, plus the development of Wingo. Maybe Spurlock, too. We do have depth. It feels less traumatic than losing Ventrell did a few years ago. We’ll see if the other guys hold up against “Rocket.” Better be tougher than they were against KY.
I think Wingo’s about done with all the development he can get

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
I did mop the floor with your old lady last night.

@gatorev12

This is a clever, well delivered, well timed "mom joke".

You're welcome.

I had a knee cap pop to the side of my knee on my first training exercise at Bragg. Not wanting to wimp out on the first leg of the patrol, I pushed it back in place, took some Motrin, and walked the next 18 hours on it. Hurt like a MFer. 800mg Motrin took off the edge, but that's it.

Wrapped around to the back side of your knee? Ugh.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I ripped my patella up while skiing at vail. I had done enough damage that it was just floating around attached to nothing. It didn't hurt, but it did swell up like a balloon. Word is if it doesn't hurt you really screwed it up. I was the very last ski injury at Vail that year They drained the knee and it blew up again. They drained it again and then gave up, stuck me in a leg brace, and sent me on my way. So I spent the rest of my time in and around Denver with a giant leg brace. I got home and my Orthodpod decided he would not operate but casted me up.

Now for the rest of the story. We went to a party with my orthopod, slightly inebriated, in attendance. He proceeded to throw me in the pool. So we had to go to his office while he, still drunk, casted me up again. My knee cap has never been the same. I should sue the SOB but he's a friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.