Should Alabama Meet Florida State

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This potential game should not even be close. Alabama, the champion of the SEC, is superior to FSU in every phase of the game from offensive and defensive lines, linebackers running backs to head coach. The Noles have consistently been on the ropes with average teams outside the Top 10. I cannot imagine Alabama blowing this mismatch in the Playoffs.

JohnCoctostan

Oct 27, 2014
I completely agree. The more I see of FSU, the more I think that they make an OSU type statement in the playoffs. You remember how OSU used to run through the BIG whatever and then get destroyed by SEC teams? It killed the perception of that conference and I think the complete and total destruction of FSU in the playoffs will have a similar effect for the ACC.

Ironically, OSU is on pace to do the same thing again this year. They will get destroyed by Oregon or Bama. It will get ugly. Wisconsin is slowww...

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
JohnCoctostan;n127247 said:
I completely agree. The more I see of FSU, the more I think that they make an OSU type statement in the playoffs. You remember how OSU used to run through the BIG whatever and then get destroyed by SEC teams? It killed the perception of that conference and I think the complete and total destruction of FSU in the playoffs will have a similar effect for the ACC.

Ironically, OSU is on pace to do the same thing again this year. They will get destroyed by Oregon or Bama. It will get ugly. Wisconsin is slowww...

There is an outside possibility that Ohio State could leapfrog an undefeated Florida State and squeeze them out of the playoffs. Those folks in Tallahassee would howl for years.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He's back on the Kiffy Train.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Roll Tide? (Only if playing FSUS obvi)

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n127251 said:
There is an outside possibility that Ohio State could leapfrog an undefeated Florida State and squeeze them out of the playoffs. Those folks in Tallahassee would howl for years.
That would be the greatest thing in the history of college football.. OSU is the superior team and everyone knows it, including the FSU fans.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
oxrageous;n127260 said:
That would be the greatest thing in the history of college football.. OSU is the superior team and everyone knows it, including the FSU fans.

and its a precedent that needs to be set: 12-0 doesn't get you in when you have looked like crap in most of those games. Unfortunately, I can't see a 12-0 FSU team being kept out. Committee doesn't have the balls to do it.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Fsu won't be left out. But they will get their asses handed to em the first round

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n127263 said:
and its a precedent that needs to be set: 12-0 doesn't get you in when you have looked like crap in most of those games. Unfortunately, I can't see a 12-0 FSU team being kept out. Committee doesn't have the balls to do it.
No they don't, even though they would be applauded by 95% of the country.

cornbread

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
fsu will be in the final four, that means it clearly isn't the best four teams, it's is a shame

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
FSU is undefeated and the returning NC. Doesn't matter how much we don't want them there, they will be.

My predict is:
Bama
Oregon
FSU
Ohio St.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
With how Baylor and OSU ended, the playoffs needs to be at least 6, preferably 8 teams.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I just don't see how TCU is left out when their only loss is Baylor and they've more or less monkey stomped the rest of their schedule. Ohio St. DID still lose by two touchdowns at home to Virginia F-ing Tech.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n127275 said:
I just don't see how TCU is left out when their only loss is Baylor and they've more or less monkey stomped the rest of their schedule. Ohio St. DID still lose by two touchdowns at home to Virginia F-ing Tech.

You know I like to argue with you so here goes… :lol:

That loss to VT was early in the season. Those early losses tend to have less effect at the end. TCU lost to Baylor. No Big 12 Championship and OSU just curb stomped the #2 Defense in the country in a Championship game. Big difference IMO.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Bammer will steamroll everyone, period. Saban may not try to run it up on Jimbo if they meet due to respect.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Screw Baylor and TCU. If they want to bitch, then bitch at their conference for not having a conference championship game.

I also think it is BS that they are playing on championship week. That gives their conference the additional benefit of one more bye week during the year.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bama 41 FSU 24 or Oregon 49 FSU 27. I am REALLY hoping FSU gets OWNED and DESTROYED in the playoffs....

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If the committee follows their own pattern, every FSU win has cost them a spot in the poll. Of all the games among the top teams this weekend, FSU was again least impressive while TCU, Ohio State and Baylor were most impressive. TCU does not deserve to be dropped if they were so highly thought of last week. But FSU does deserve to be dropped again based on their performance on the field. Based on their own criteria, and the way the poll has evolved, it would be:

1. Bama
2. Oregon
3. TCU
4. Ohio State

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Jbossgator8;n127303 said:
Bama 41 FSU 24 or Oregon 49 FSU 27. I am REALLY hoping FSU gets OWNED and DESTROYED in the playoffs....

Oregon will hang 60+ on them and not care. Saban would call off the dogs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator