Should Negative Nelly's be banned?

Should chronic complainers of the program be banned?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody should have to put up with what I have to put up with on here ... and that's why I put up with it.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'll bite.

This thread is silly. The problems with the 'negative nellies' isn't their negativity. It's their unwillingness to let any conversation happen without the beating of their favorite horse(s). Unfortunately, those who choose to behave this way are among the most active posters. This has two effects. 1) Those who own and run the board don't want to do anything about it and 2) the rest of us can't participate here and escape their
ceaseless, constant, continual, continuous, endless, interminable, nonstop, perpetual, relentless, round-the-clock, unceasing, unending, unrelenting, unremitting, day-and-night, incessant, monotonous, unbroken (get the picture?) repeating of their opinions.

The best solution, as in almost all situations, is not a thoughtless extreme action, but a thoughtful, appropriate response. When someone like T Rex, or Law in his previous iteration, begins to ruin the experiences of many or most on the board, they should be told to cool their jets and stop posting the same things in every thread. Then, if they don't respond to the board authorities, they should be reprimanded - perhaps with a short vacation :bananawave: or perhaps something creative, like excluding them from the sports forums, or changing their avatar. Only when and if they continued to provoke the management should they be banned - like anyone else - not for having an opinion or 'being negative' but for insubordination.

:ban2:

:eek:ldman: I'm done.

I see somebody has a thesaurus

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You should. Didn't you see Ox' tutorial? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I only have one iteration. You either love me or hate me depending on whose ox I'm goring.
Is that why everyone on the board noticed a change in your posting? Whether you take me to task over the words chosen, you changed. You might have only one iteration, but you have manifested yourself differently at different times. ...and in recent months, you've been much less bearable than you currently are. I'm not the only one who would attest to it, Esquire.

:highfive:

Untrue. There is a functioning ignore list.

Now there's a functioning ignore list. I know it didn't function before, because months ago I kept seeing the redundant, repetition from the esteemed member quoted above, despite my use of the feature.

Furthermore, when the people you want to avoid are as incessantly active as Law and T Rex, they divert the topics - consistently, in nearly every thread - such that they change the course of all discussion, sucking it into the vortex of their undying complaint. They do so, affecting, not the reality of the circumstances in the program, but rather the experience and mood of this board alone. This situation is not mitigated simply by ignoring the source, for the contagion bitters the whole stream.

I fully understand that you need traffic should therefore favor the more active users, at least for short-term benefit for the board. That's why I limit my complaints. However, you asked - though you asked amiss as though the possibilities were ban them or leave them be. I do believe that you should, from time to time, actively work to shape, or at least guard, the culture of this board. ...not by policing opinions, but by fostering respect and restraint, when necessary.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I see somebody has a thesaurus

I thought that leaving them in alphabetical order and listing so many would make it obivious that I was not trying to hide that. The point I was making was not that I've got a great vocabulary, but that not all of those were needed. It was redundant, repetitive, overkill, frustrating to endure, etc.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Never have used the ignore button in a decade of hanging around, both stupid and intelligent are entertaining to me :grouphug:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Unfortunately anytime someone on ignore is quoted, the post shows up.

Oh well. Some people just like to rain on parades, such is life.
Are you sure that it's doing that now?
I've had others complain that the ignore feature causes too much being blocked.
When we came to this site, I tested that and it would block the users posts and would block when someone quoted them, so it always looked like the non ignored poster was just making random comments :lol:
We've also seen that if you have someone on ignore, if they start a thread, you miss the entire thread.

Edit: just tested it, it works exactly like I described. Blocks ignored users posts, the quotes of ignored poster are also blocked, as well as all threads started by the ignored poster.
Though at the bottom of the page, directly above the pages tabs (on mobile at least), there is a selection that can be made to be able to view ignored posts.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Is that why everyone on the board noticed a change in your posting? Whether you take me to task over the words chosen, you changed. You might have only one iteration, but you have manifested yourself differently at different times. ...and in recent months, you've been much less bearable than you currently are. I'm not the only one who would attest to it, Esquire.

:highfive:

Now there's a functioning ignore list. I know it didn't function before, because months ago I kept seeing the redundant, repetition from the esteemed member quoted above, despite my use of the feature.

Furthermore, when the people you want to avoid are as incessantly active as Law and T Rex, they divert the topics - consistently, in nearly every thread - such that they change the course of all discussion, sucking it into the vortex of their undying complaint. They do so, affecting, not the reality of the circumstances in the program, but rather the experience and mood of this board alone. This situation is not mitigated simply by ignoring the source, for the contagion bitters the whole stream.

I fully understand that you need traffic should therefore favor the more active users, at least for short-term benefit for the board. That's why I limit my complaints. However, you asked - though you asked amiss as though the possibilities were ban them or leave them be. I do believe that you should, from time to time, actively work to shape, or at least guard, the culture of this board. ...not by policing opinions, but by fostering respect and restraint, when necessary.

:wobble:

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Are you sure that it's doing that now?
I've had others complain that the ignore feature causes too much being blocked.
When we came to this site, I tested that and it would block the users posts and would block when someone quoted them, so it always looked like the non ignored poster was just making random comments :lol:
We've also seen that if you have someone on ignore, if they start a thread, you miss the entire thread.

Edit: just tested it, it works exactly like I described. Blocks ignored users posts, the quotes of ignored poster are also blocked, as well as all threads started by the ignored poster.
Though at the bottom of the page, directly above the pages tabs (on mobile at least), there is a selection that can be made to be able to view ignored posts.
99% of the time I'm on the mobile app. I see quoted posts. It's not that big a deal, but just pointing it out.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
lol incase you forgot.
I'm using the app now, not even sure how you ignore someone from the app.
You can't. I had to log on to see how to do it.

Like I said, it's not a huge deal, just pointing that out.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You can't. I had to log on to see how to do it.

Like I said, it's not a huge deal, just pointing that out.
Oh, no problem, I was just looking at the app, haven't really looked at its functionality, I only used it long enough to let ox know it was working initially.
Thanks though.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Whiners gonna whine!

Or is it Winers gonna drink Wine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.