Should Negative Nelly's be banned?

Should chronic complainers of the program be banned?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I guess I better pay more attention to this side of cHATtER. Dont ban the NNs. Ban yourself for being such a #&$^@^@ sometimes ;)......... Rex and Law give us something to ponder while we wait on our favorite season. Passion is always important in sports. It brings out the best (and sometimes worst ) in us.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Oh come on guys....a little personal attack here and there never hurt anyone. It's good theater.
And I agree but GOD FORBID said attacker sit on the wrong side of the poli spectrum.........Then it becomes "he is adding nothing to the conversation etc etc."
And now the guy is probably dead and was denied probably one of the only things he could actually do before that.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
And I agree but GOD FORBID said attacker sit on the wrong side of the poli spectrum.........Then it becomes "he is adding nothing to the conversation etc etc."
And now the guy is probably dead and was denied probably one of the only things he could actually do before that.
:butthurt:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
You're not much of a "worst case scenario" kinda guy, are you?
Actually a Pollyanna type but you dont know the back story so go back to your seat. Ox and I have a bust your chops relationship but I am STILL his favorite poster...........:bananarope:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Actually a Pollyanna type but you dont know the back story so go back to your seat. Ox and I have a bust your chops relationship but I am STILL his favorite poster...........:bananarope:

Ummmm... Okay... Sorry I interrupted your special moment???

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Hehe, believe me, I hope I'm wrong!

The game is in hillbillyville, so they might beat us. I just think the preseason love for ut has been wash-rinse-repeat for 8-9 years and they should prove themselves before people declare them to be contenders. They've yet to beat a top 25 team in the last decade, correct?

Jun 1, 2016
How's this for negative? I think Tennessee will win the East at least this year. They have a good shot at the SEC title. And maybe even the national championship.

It doesn't get any more negative than that. I hate Tennessee football (but love the state of Tennessee).
I just hope we don't get blown out by the hillbillies. They'll probably pants us and throw us in the river. I'm just hoping we keep it within 3 scores so we can earn a moral victory.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'll bite.

This thread is silly. The problems with the 'negative nellies' isn't their negativity. It's their unwillingness to let any conversation happen without the beating of their favorite horse(s). Unfortunately, those who choose to behave this way are among the most active posters. This has two effects. 1) Those who own and run the board don't want to do anything about it and 2) the rest of us can't participate here and escape their
ceaseless, constant, continual, continuous, endless, interminable, nonstop, perpetual, relentless, round-the-clock, unceasing, unending, unrelenting, unremitting, day-and-night, incessant, monotonous, unbroken (get the picture?) repeating of their opinions.

The best solution, as in almost all situations, is not a thoughtless extreme action, but a thoughtful, appropriate response. When someone like T Rex, or Law in his previous iteration, begins to ruin the experiences of many or most on the board, they should be told to cool their jets and stop posting the same things in every thread. Then, if they don't respond to the board authorities, they should be reprimanded - perhaps with a short vacation :bananawave: or perhaps something creative, like excluding them from the sports forums, or changing their avatar. Only when and if they continued to provoke the management should they be banned - like anyone else - not for having an opinion or 'being negative' but for insubordination.

:ban2:

:eek:ldman: I'm done.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
2) the rest of us can't participate here and escape their ceaseless, constant, continual, continuous, endless, interminable, nonstop, perpetual, relentless, round-the-clock, unceasing, unending, unrelenting, unremitting, day-and-night, incessant, monotonous, unbroken (get the picture?) repeating of their opinions.
Untrue. There is a functioning ignore list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator