Shout out to the incredible Kadarius Toney

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It is hard for me to tell Daz and Mulkinz apart. Two sides of the same stupid, lazy coin.

You and I both know that's not true, even as mad as we may currently be. The dropoff in offense from 2008 to 2009 was undeniable. I remember Fever posting the conference play stats again and again(shocking I know) in his criticism of Daz. But you're correct in that Hines was often misused under two different staffs and three different OC's. That's impressive.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Yeah he balled out. Not that big a deal for him because you always get that from him.

I have been thinking about posing a thread for a couple weeks about him.

He just might be the toughest MFer in college football. The hits he takes, the way he throws s body around, and he just keeps coming at you . Homeboy seriously rased his draft stock by coming back and working his craft. UFA to 3rd rounder or better. Only reason he doesn't go higher is measurables.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Toney's play in the second half of the season has skyrocketed him up draft boards. It is amazing to see his growth this season. 4th WR is typically about a 2nd round pick.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Toney's play in the second half of the season has skyrocketed him up draft boards. It is amazing to see his growth this season. 4th WR is typically about a 2nd round pick.

He’s Percy with a motor instead of a menstrual cycle.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
He’s Percy with a motor instead of a menstrual cycle.
If he had Percy's top end speed, I could see a closer comparison. However, that's my only knock on Toney, dude has been fun to watch. Glad he's a Gator!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’d forgotten Toney is an Alabama native. Bama and Auburn were the two other SEC schools that showed interest.

Does anyone remember Tim Skipper, a defensive assistant under Mac? He’s the guy who recruited Toney.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Things aren't going to be pretty with Butters' dynamic recruits finally leaving us.

I know you’re not being sarcastic when I look at roster and realize that all of the offensive firepower came courtesy of Mac. It forced Mullen to deviate from the RPO playbook long enough to rewrite the UF record books.

Now it’s back to a swing pass left, keeper up the middle, blah, blah, blah. I hope to hell Mullen has grown and proves me wrong, but those are the trademark spots on the leopard.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
One of my first observations of the season was how improved Toney was. I think it's speaks to his maturity that he worked on what he was told to work on, and became what he's become this season. I hope he has a long successful career and I'm glad he was a Gator and got a degree.

But as for his increased role, let's also be clear. The Toney we're seeing this year is not the Toney of the past. Even at times last year he was as much a liability on a play as he was a positive. He's worked hard to become this type of true WR, which he wasn't before. And as much as I'm frustrated with the staff, I think you have to credit Gonzalez with some of what we've seen. Every season, our WR's have played much better. Not a huge fan of his recruiting, but we were supposed to fall of this year, and we didn't. Guys are naturally going to finish playing their best football if they're coached correctly(see the opposite with DBs and Safeties). So we didn't have this version of him sitting on the bench in 2018-2019. He was always raw and to both his and BG's credit, developed very nicely. It's one bright spot I've seen. Again, glad he's a Gator and wish we had more than just 2 more games of him(and the other KT).

Also @Swamp Donkey, Hines was part of the 2008 class. I think he redshirted and never played under Mullen.
Thank you. Your observations are spot on correct. Oddly, they are obvious to everyone except, apparently, the football "experts" on this board.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Sofla, I'm not sure AR publicly agreeing with you is such a good look.

I won’t tell you how long I stared at that message before hitting “post reply”.:lol:

But it’s done. All I can do now is sit back, let the chips fall where they may, and pray it doesn’t get a like from stephen.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I won’t tell you how long I stared at that message before hitting “post reply”.:lol:

But it’s done. All I can do now is sit back, let the chips fall where they may, and pray it doesn’t get a like from stephen.
Yeah, you're going to have to be paranoid about it for a while. All I know is that if AR agreed with something I said, I would immediately revisit and re-think my position.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yeah, you're going to have to be paranoid about it for a while. All I know is that if AR agreed with something I said, I would immediately re-think my position.

The way I see it, you’ve got Law, a suddenly almost militant Durty, (and TRex somewhere in a corner just reading with Cheeto stains in the crevices of his mouth) on your side. Not sure I’d be doing any group photos or secret handshakes myself.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
just imagine if Mullins had noticed he was on the roster a few years ago.

are you guys starting to see a trend yet?
:doh:
Toney was not the player this year that he was in the past. He was injury prone in 2017, had Franks to deal with in 2018 and when he did get the ball he racked up more yards going E/W then N/S. And he was out half of 2019 with injuries. It wasn't until this season that he learned the playbook, stayed injury free, learned to run upfield and had a QB that could get him the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator