Show recommendation thread

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Godless was a good western with some high profile actors in it.

If nobody mentioned Ray Donovan, its about a "fixer" (Liev Schrieber) who hails from Boston and now words in LA. Whenever some director or movie star or other rich assbag gets in a sticky situation, they call Ray to come clean up the mess. Ray's two brothers also live in LA and one is mentally challenged and the other is a boxer who has Parkinsons. The final piece of the puzzle is Ray's dad, played by Jon Voight, who is a con man who is constantly effing everything up. Its an orgy of dysfunction.

Mindhunter is 2 seasons about a couple of FBI agents who start the whole profiling program used to catch serial killers. Its set in the 60s or 70s when society was very straight laced, and breaking through the orthodoxy to get in the weeds enough to understand why serial killers do what they do is met with lots of roadblocks.
Wait is mindhunter s 2 out???

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Another show I'm not sure was mentioned is The Americans. Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys are a married Russian spy couple living in DC in the early 80s. They have 2 kids that were born in the US that don't know they are spies. I found it to be very entertaining.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
The Rookie is something I enjoy, their latest episode was about the VP visiting and was packed with a lot of action and situations which I like in a show.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
What did you think of the drone pilot?
I don't know man. I'm sure that is a tough job, but they just hopped in and out a few times with him. It kind of felt out of place with the rest of the story, but something they should explore more if they are going to keep throwing it in there. I felt like it was kind of crammed in there to show a different side since it was not the most PC show from today's brand of TV since most of it focused on the evil done by terrorist groups.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What did you think of the drone pilot?

I thought it was soooooo f**cking stupid and affected. There were a lot of things thrown in by Hollywood writers that mimicked their own political bent that Clancy would have had a fit over. The other glaring example was making Greer a muslim. A totally concocted PC move.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In real life, drone pilots do get PTSD from killing people. However, the dude in the tv show didn't add anything to the story.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
In real life, drone pilots do get PTSD from killing people. However, the dude in the tv show didn't add anything to the story.
None. It made no sense. I honestly forgot about him because it did nothing for the show

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
The Rookie is something I enjoy, their latest episode was about the VP visiting and was packed with a lot of action and situations which I like in a show.
It’s a good show. We watch it when making dinner during the week. Nothing deep or anything but it’s entertaining

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Came back to this thread just to mention this. It’s tough to keep up with the pace of the jokes but it’s one of the funniest shows I’ve seen. So quotable. Shoresy man... lol
Did you know that Wayne and Shoresy are the same actor?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I enjoy the Orville, it is sort of like Star Trek of old, but with some stupid PC stuff in it. I don't really like that the person who originated it stars in it.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Recommend Ozark and Narcos (Columbia and Mexico)

My brother just started with Ozark and says it’s great.

The wife and I just finished Narcos - Mexico.
Very, very good. Michael Pena is awesome in it.
Ties in very well with the first Narcos.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
My brother just started with Ozark and says it’s great.

The wife and I just finished Narcos - Mexico.
Very, very good. Michael Pena is awesome in it.
Ties in very well with the first Narcos.

Ozarks is awesome. I imagine the plot is going to get stale in season 3 as it becomes a ground hog day plot for each episode, but I finished the 2nd season still very interested. Always been a big fan of Jason Bateman, and the rest of the cast is pretty darn good as well.

I am in season 3 of the Columbia Narcos and its pretty cool. I know most is probably fiction but its cool to kinda see the truths behind it. Very interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb