Show recommendation thread

Detroitgator

Top-notch Сasual Dating - Real Women
Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Just finished binging the first season of Finder of Lost Loves.

Finder of Lost Loves is an American drama series aired by the ABC network during the 1984-1985 season.
The general idea is that after main character Cary Maxwell's (Anthony Franciosa) wife Kate dies, he decides to set up a private detective agency specializing in reuniting clients with a former loved one. The leading cast members were Franciosa, Deborah Adair, Anne Jeffreys, Richard Kantor, and Larry "Flash" Jenkins. Similar to The Love Boat (another Aaron Spelling production), the series featured various weekly guest stars. The series was canceled after 23 episodes. The series' theme song, "Finder of Lost Loves", was performed by Dionne Warwick and Luther Vandross and written by Burt Bacharach and Carole Bayer Sager. It was an Adult Contemporary chart hit in 1985. The TV version was sung by Dionne Warwick and Luther Vandross. I didn't actually watch this, and if you read this all the way to this point, you unquestionably have "the ghey."

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Just finished binging the first season of Finder of Lost Loves.

Finder of Lost Loves is an American drama series aired by the ABC network during the 1984-1985 season.
The general idea is that after main character Cary Maxwell's (Anthony Franciosa) wife Kate dies, he decides to set up a private detective agency specializing in reuniting clients with a former loved one. The leading cast members were Franciosa, Deborah Adair, Anne Jeffreys, Richard Kantor, and Larry "Flash" Jenkins. Similar to The Love Boat (another Aaron Spelling production), the series featured various weekly guest stars. The series was canceled after 23 episodes. The series' theme song, "Finder of Lost Loves", was performed by Dionne Warwick and Luther Vandross and written by Burt Bacharach and Carole Bayer Sager. It was an Adult Contemporary chart hit in 1985. The TV version was sung by Dionne Warwick and Luther Vandross. I didn't actually watch this, and if you read this all the way to this point, you unquestionably have "the ghey."

Was wondering where you were going with that.
Did not disappoint.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Yes I have, amazing talent. Now about that accent in Inventing Anna, jeez!

Ah.. so my wife and daughter were watching a show this past weekend that had some blond girl as the lead. I wandered thru and said “what’s up with that accent?”

Evil side glances

must have been Inventing Anna
more like Inventing Accent

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Got a free 3 months of Apple TV so checked out Ted Lasso

Season 1 is really good, but felt season 2 dropped off a bit as they focused more on character development and lost track at some points. Would definitely watch a 3rd season.

As for the rest of Apple TV is anything any good? Nothing else looks appealing

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Got a free 3 months of Apple TV so checked out Ted Lasso

Season 1 is really good, but felt season 2 dropped off a bit as they focused more on character development and lost track at some points. Would definitely watch a 3rd season.

As for the rest of Apple TV is anything any good? Nothing else looks appealing

The only thing I found on Apple TV was the Morning Show. It mimicked the Matt Lauer story to me. I’d give it a 6. Seedy loved Ted Lasso but it wasn’t for me. There wasn’t much else Apple TV, imo. It’s a dud.

Last edited:

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
The 3% on Netflix is outstanding. 4 seasons. Great characters and twists. Takes a minute to get used to Brazilian actors and voice overs but the story is compelling and complex. If you liked Squid Games, 3% is even better distopian fiction.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The only thing I found on Apple TV was the Morning Show. It mimicked the Matt Lauer story to me. I’d give it a 6. Seedy loved Ted Lasso but it wasn’t for me. There wasn’t much else Apple TV, imo. It’s a dud.
I've just watched the first two episodes of For All Mankind. Pretty good so far. Sort of like The Man in the High Tower, where they reimagine what the world would be like if we had lost WWII. Only in this series, they reimagine the space race as if we are a step behind the Russians the whole way, sort of like how it started with sputnik and Yuri Gagarin but going all the way through moon landings and militarization. We'll see how it progresses.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I've just watched the first two episodes of For All Mankind. Pretty good so far. Sort of like The Man in the High Tower, where they reimagine what the world would be like if we had lost WWII. Only in this series, they reimagine the space race as if we are a step behind the Russians the whole way, sort of like how it started with sputnik and Yuri Gagarin but going all the way through moon landings and militarization. We'll see how it progresses.

That show is uber woke.
Figures you'd like it.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Thanks for the heads up. I haven't seen any uber wokeness yet though.
The first season is:
The trials and tribulation of female astronauts
The trials and tribulation of black female astronauts
The trials and tribulation of gay female astronauts
The POV characters are all "strong females". At the end of the season all the highest ranked characters are women.
And the woman are the best of course. The married astronaut couple - the wife is better. And the man has a nervous breakdown.
A black female astronaut risks her life to save the white male astronaut. And she is even injured. But she is so perfect that she covers up the accident because the white guy might lose his job.
And another (or was it the same) black female astronaut saves the world in season 2.
Did I mention the Mexican illegal immigrant teen aged girl who's just so good at math she gets hired and solves a docking problem.
The show has zero to do with space exploration. It's soap opera for the woke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator