SI Article: Samford debacle should be final nail in coffin for Mullen

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This goes deeper than just Dan and Strick. This goes to the attitude of the entire administration and how they "feel" about football.
This is a determined, planned and executed mission to turn Florida into a renowned academic institution.
Fuchs doesn't give a damn about football!
A coaching change doesn't mean a damned thing if there aren't changes in the attitude and path forward of the University itself.
This all starts with Fuchs.

Until he's gone, then Stricklin and finally Mullen and that entire putrid staff, we will be fighting Vandy for last place in the East.

Watching a lot of football yesterday I realized, We haven't seen a well coached , Sky high , exciting, motivated foot ball team since 2009, at Florida field.
Our program is floundering.
Ding ding ding

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I see where Mizzou hung 31 on the Columbia yard birds. THIRTY-ONE. I think Ox should start a pool on what school offensive records Mizzou will be shattering this coming Saturday. Here's my first two:

* Total yards offense 1st quarter
* Todal yeard passing 1st quarter

By the end of the game the Mizzou faithful will be chanting, "Bazelak for Heisman!"
Now all I need to find is a bumper sticker that says, "Mullen Sucks.'

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You are right about these people and their intentions regarding big time athletics.

I work in academia. The institutions are flooded with toxic, narcissistic leftists who live in an echo chamber of utter and complete contempt for our country and culture. Everything they do pedagogically and administratively is geared toward tearing every foundational element of our country down to the ground. It’s their raison d’etre and validation. They are arrogant and bigoted beyond belief and could care less what anyone outside their bubble thinks. It wasn’t this bad a decade ago, but this is what fans are up against now, especially at UF, which seems to pride itself on being the wokest school in the SEC……
Well they know they are right.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Well they know they are right.

they’re so sophisticated. So much better than the hoi polloi out here.

I’m sure they think women’s basketball will make up the shortfall in revenue once they finish destroying football, which is just too toxic, masculine, and American….

Don’t doubt me. they’re in the same club with the jokers in government currently turning us into a third world dictatorship. As far as they’re concerned, living in Florida under DeSantis is like living behind enemy lines.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I’m sure they think women’s basketball will make up the shortfall in revenue once they finish destroying football, which is just too toxic, masculine, and American….

Don’t doubt me. they’re in the same club with the jokers in government currently turning us into a third world dictatorship. As far as they’re concerned, living in Florida under DeSantis is like living behind enemy lines.

The people you refer to have no understanding of the concept of revenue or performance so they can’t fathom lost revenue or negative perceptions.

I guess if the boosters pulled their contributions, they will be called racist.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The people you refer to have no understanding of the concept of revenue or performance so they can’t fathom lost revenue or negative perceptions.

I guess if the boosters pulled their contributions, they will be called racist.

To your last point, one of the reasons you absolutely cannot stand by and allow this to continue is to set a precedent and protect things going forward. When/if we do have a minority coach, are we going to be ok fighting for 6-6 and giving up 50 points to Samford? If the answer’s no, then you better lay the same standard with Mullen. Otherwise, that’s exactly what they’ll be called.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
This will be unpopular but here goes

Mullen is not getting fired and really at this point does not deserve to be either.

Reasons are there are few if any better choices, he just had a great year last year, and his deficiencies (there are plenty) can be improved a lot. In addition his attitude can be improved and as with many others is not the most important part of his job. Some of the issues are related to the organization of football where the head coach thinks and acts as if he does not have a boss and can manipulate rumors to get money.

Here is a list not in any particular order

Mullen needs training in communications with the media, fans, etc., this includes changing his on field attitude and appearances.

Mullen needs better assistants and a process, the same one that say Saban uses. In addition he needs to know and act as if his job is very important, every part of it. He needs to know that his performance will be judged at the championship standards that we have set and to hold all his assistants to the same standards. If not well he should be gone.

As to our latest game I only listened, but it seemed that our team was not properly prepared to deal with their offense, nor properly led during the game. Somehow our best cornerback got beat on man coverage and needed to hold. how could that even be. It seemed our opponent understood that taking what you really can't stop is the best idea, they executed it very well. We got almost no pressure nor properly defensed QB runs. It almost looked like nobody even looked at film or tried to come up with a plan, perhaps that is what actually happened.

I never want to lose, and our offense did some decent things. Hopefully the players are motivated to play much better and the coaches will at least have a plan on defense.

We also have issues on special teams. Why don't we kick long avoiding any returns, and take the ball by fair catch every time. Analytics would indicate both are the best strategy at least this year.

Just my ignorant opinion, so consider that.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

Mullen is not getting fired and really at this point does not deserve to be either.

Reasons are there are few if any better choices, he just had a great year last year, and his deficiencies (there are plenty) can be improved a lot. In addition his attitude can be improved and as with many others is not the most important part of his job. Some of the issues are related to the organization of football where the head coach thinks and acts as if he does not have a boss and can manipulate rumors to get money.

Mullen needs training in communications with the media, fans, etc., this includes changing his on field attitude and appearances.

Mullen needs better assistants and a process, the same one that say Saban uses. In addition he needs to know and act as if his job is very important, every part of it. He needs to know that his performance will be judged at the championship standards that we have set and to hold all his assistants to the same standards. If not well he should be gone.

As to our latest game I only listened, but it seemed that our team was not properly prepared to deal with their offense, nor properly led during the game. Somehow our best cornerback got beat on man coverage and needed to hold. how could that even be. It seemed our opponent understood that taking what you really can't stop is the best idea, they executed it very well. We got almost no pressure nor properly defensed QB runs. It almost looked like nobody even looked at film or tried to come up with a plan, perhaps that is what actually happened.

I never want to lose, and our offense did some decent things. Hopefully the players are motivated to play much better and the coaches will at least have a plan on defense.

We also have issues on special teams. Why don't we kick long avoiding any returns, and take the ball by fair catch every time. Analytics would indicate both are the best strategy at least this year.

This is the most embarrassing post in gatorchatter history. You were able to successfully swallow mullens c0ck, balls and even taint all at once. Quite an accomplishment. Bravo.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
In chiefs defense , I hope we get better too, it just won’t be under mullens tutelage.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

He went 8-4 last year. Even if you want to call it 10-2 before Atl in any normal year, we still lost 4 games. And could’ve won something if not for his hand picked DC. It was basically a ‘92, ‘98, ‘99 or 2001 type season. Nothing great about it.

His failure in communication is the same thing that causes his failure in other aspects. Part of this job and he sucks at it.

STs are coached by another hand picked friend who he also took knowing it would force out our best recruiter.

Literally every issue we have is directly tied to his being a failure here.

And he’s gone.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015

dog-cachorro.gif

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I am very interested in our cultural revolution that is coming. The irony is lost.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
D79752D5-B231-4331-8B16-8455E5565E00.gif

D79752D5-B231-4331-8B16-8455E5565E00.gif

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.