SI article: Urban Meyer Belongs in Florida's Ring of Honor

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Assassins dont roll in the floor, cry like a baby and demand more valium.

I dont know how any of you have a speck of respect for that cnnt.
Because he took UF to the mountaintop while completely dominating our rivals?

You sound like the one crying and rolling on the floor about his departure. What a jilted lover.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
FYI ... SOS got a Heisman wearing O&B, coached a Heisman wearing O&B and coached a team who won a natty wearing O&B. Let's not just act like a natty is why SOS is in the Ring.

EDIT: I don't think the criteria I listed is THE criteria for all, it was for that group.

Woodroe

Sir Knowitall
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Under the existing Ring of Honor criteria, keeping Meyer out would require the University to at some point clarify why, despite TWICE satisfying the objective requirement of winning a national championship, Meyer "does not merit consideration."
He merits consideration, but lacks the necessary HONOR to get past just being considered.

Woodroe

Sir Knowitall
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
That's not a sufficient explanation. What was his breach of honor? Explain it so the average person would say, "oh, I see what you mean. In that case, his name should not be up there."
Including but not limited to:

1) Wife beater apologist
2) Wife beater cover-up
3) Wife beater cover-up cover-up ("How do you delete all texts from my phone?")
4) Hernandez apologist, cover-up
5) Countless other transgressions swept under the rug
6) Family Time lie
7) Health lies (This one is almost forgivable, he could not publicly say why his heart was almost beating out of his chest)
8) The drugs that almost made his heart beat out of his chest
9) He tried to trick us into giving the job to the Daz
10) He let Percy run Gonzalez off because he could run fast
11) Carlos Hyde 3 game suspension
12) Hid positive drug-tests
13) Kept his Assistants around after racial slurs (the same one that beat the wife)
14) Etc, etc, etc
15) Not one ounce of contrition yet.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Some of you are like Star Wars fans that hate George Lucas.
Nothing wrong with hating him for everything that came after Episode V, especially the prequels. YIKES.

As far as Urban is concerned, he should get in one day because he did coach us to two natties, but let him wait it out for a while. Hell, it took them 10 years to put Tebow in.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Let me ask it this way ... should Urbs be in OSU's Ring of Honor or whatever those buttnutts call it?

No question about it ... the guy made stuff happen here and his work can't be denied. He left a mess though ... but I dont even really bother with that too much. Was he here long enough to be a Gator? Does anyone consider him a Gator? My problems with him don't keep me from thinking he should be in or out ... I just don't look at Urban Meyer and see a Gator.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Let me ask it this way ... should Urbs be in OSU's Ring of Honor or whatever those buttnutts call it?

No question about it ... the guy made stuff happen here and his work can't be denied. He left a mess though ... but I dont even really bother with that too much. Was he here long enough to be a Gator? Does anyone consider him a Gator? My problems with him don't keep me from thinking he should be in or out ... I just don't look at Urban Meyer and see a Gator.
This is dead on balls accurate.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
... I just don't look at Urban Meyer and see a Gator.
not even a little bit.

that being said after another year of futility I'm sure the athletic department will be keen to remind people that we used to win championships.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
All you pansies with your hurt fellings. Ox has said it a million times...jilted lovers.

Woodroe

Sir Knowitall
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
That's a whole lot of...not much.

I think if that list of complaints about Meyer was posted by a rival fan, you and every other Gator fan would defend him and/or minimize the seriousness of the accusations...IF he was still our coach. Especially if he was still winning championships for us.

Meyer saw the writing on the wall that his era of dominance over the SEC was going to be short-lived, due in large part to his own recruiting failures, so he quit on us.

He mentally checked out of the job long before he announced his (second) resignation.

He dishonestly blamed health reasons for leaving.

Later he miraculously recovered from his heart condition :rolleyes: and took the job in his home state that, truth be told, was the job he would've preferred over UF all along.

He used to say Gainesville was the ideal place for him and his family, and they never intended to go anywhere else. He didn't change his mind about that -- he never really meant it in the first place. The guy is FOS.

Those are the reasons I don't like him. But I can see past my own feelings about him and recognize that he still brought us two National Championships and facilitated Tim Tebow winning the Heisman.

The Ring of Honor, in my opinion, should be for UF football players of great distinction. So far, everyone who's in it meets that criteria. But the "official criteria" also allows for coaches who won championships but never attended or played for UF themselves. So change the official criteria!
No. If Mullen wins us two the right way and is honorable, I want him to get in.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Urban didn't leave a mess here. We hired the worst coach in the last 40 years to follow him up. He had the #1 recruiting class the signing day before leaving.

Woodstork

Dec 19, 2019
As things stand now Urban is more Bucknut than Gator. He needs to start identifying more publicly as a Gator. Otherwise I don’t want him in it. It isn’t enough to be a great Gator, you have to be one of the Gator greats. SOS, Danny, Tebow, and Youngblood fit the mold. Wilbur, to my knowledge, has always been a Gator at heart.

Emmit was amazing and he often represents very well as a Gator, but his 2 big gaffs don’t bode well for someone in the ROH. He could easily redeem himself by burning an UGA hat on national TV, with Kirby attached to it.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Including but not limited to:

1) Wife beater apologist
2) Wife beater cover-up
3) Wife beater cover-up cover-up ("How do you delete all texts from my phone?")
4) Hernandez apologist, cover-up
5) Countless other transgressions swept under the rug
6) Family Time lie
7) Health lies (This one is almost forgivable, he could not publicly say why his heart was almost beating out of his chest)
8) The drugs that almost made his heart beat out of his chest
9) He tried to trick us into giving the job to the Daz
10) He let Percy run Gonzalez off because he could run fast
11) Carlos Hyde 3 game suspension
12) Hid positive drug-tests
13) Kept his Assistants around after racial slurs (the same one that beat the wife)
14) Etc, etc, etc
15) Not one ounce of contrition yet.
Yada, yada, yada...........two national titles.........put him in or tear it down.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Nothing wrong with hating him for everything that came after Episode V, especially the prequels. YIKES.

As far as Urban is concerned, he should get in one day because he did coach us to two natties, but let him wait it out for a while. Hell, it took them 10 years to put Tebow in.

Whoever decided to cast these guys should be arrested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator