Simone Biles

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So I am seeing a lot of focus on the “twisties” on this thread over the last day or so. As well as on tv..
The amount I know about gymnastics would fit in thimble ....and not fill it up.

BUT I seem to note that most of the girls are teeneagers. Isnt it a fact that as the ladies get older that body changes make them less flexible and less able to do all this wild shyt which I never actually watch?

Isnt 24 really old by gymnastic standards?

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So I am seeing a lot of focus on the “twisties” on this thread over the last day or so. As well as on tv.

So which is it? The pressure? Because that was all the early comments from her.

Or the “twisties” which seems to be some sort of physical/mental ailment similar to the yips in baseball?

You can’t have it both ways.

It was mental pressure with a twist of yips.

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
When I was in high school I tried competitive diving. It didn't last long, I could do the required dives but I was scared every time I did a reverse towards the diving board. If you don't have confidence in your positioning and ability, you have should not be trying to do flips on a wooden beam.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
When I was in high school I tried competitive diving. It didn't last long, I could do the required dives but I was scared every time I did a reverse towards the diving board. If you don't have confidence in your positioning and ability, you have should not be trying to do flips on a wooden beam.

But if that fear had overcome you to the point of not doing a competition, and of course letting your team down, would you have been lauded as the best and receive almost even more adulation than before?

I think that’s the issue many have. No one is knocking her for feeling she couldn’t compete. I couldn’t do what she does. But if you’re going to accept and proudly wear the crown, there are moments when you have to step up. And she didn’t . Then she makes it much more about her than what these games are supposed to be. Add in the fact that if you have the audacity to question her decision or character strength, you’re handed a stephenpe-type disaster of a response, and you officially arrive where many of us are.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Balvenie 21 for sure. Not even close.

Thanks. The Dalmore was intriguing because of it apparently being discontinued in ‘09. I’m also not sure I’ve ever had anything from them. Generally not a Balvenie fan(I like less delicate, more smoke) but the reviews sold me. I’m getting it tonight. Thanks again. Us inbred islanders(or were we the sorority girls, I can’t remember) have to stick together.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
So I am seeing a lot of focus on the “twisties” on this thread over the last day or so. As well as on tv.

So which is it? The pressure? Because that was all the early comments from her.

Or the “twisties” which seems to be some sort of physical/mental ailment similar to the yips in baseball?

You can’t have it both ways.

Since the twisties is a mental block, it is the physical manifestation of the pressure. As I said earlier, she should not be shamed for withdrawing, losing your air awareness doing these skills will very easily lead to death or paralysis. This is not playing a basketball game while having the flu. At the same time, she didnt win, she lost when she had to compete. I dont think she should be held up as some sort of champion because what she did. I am dissapointed for her.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Also, make no mistake, despite the results here in Tokyo, Simone is the greatest gymnast in US history and the world. She has more medals and won more international competitions than any other gymnast in the world. She has 4! skills named after her. She has done skills that no woman has ever done and only a few male gymnasts have competed. She has definitely changed gymnastics.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Remind me of the times that a male athlete quit in the middle of the competition and was praised and labeled a hero, which is the topic of discussion since you seem to have lost focus.

I cannot recall one, even after consulting Scottie Pippin, so maybe I don’t have much experience at “high level sports “ whatever the he!! That is.

No más.

Bo Jackson at Florida Field, twice.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
The amount I know about gymnastics would fit in thimble ....and not fill it up.

BUT I seem to note that most of the girls are teeneagers. Isnt it a fact that as the ladies get older that body changes make them less flexible and less able to do all this wild shyt which I never actually watch?

Isnt 24 really old by gymnastic standards?

Yes. 24 in gymnastics is geriatric., which makes it even harder to comprehend what Simone has done in her career.

But wait, there is 47 year old woman who still competes on vault in the Olympics, which is completely insane. Her first olympics was 1992.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Thanks. The Dalmore was intriguing because of it apparently being discontinued in ‘09. I’m also not sure I’ve ever had anything from them. Generally not a Balvenie fan(I like less delicate, more smoke) but the reviews sold me. I’m getting it tonight. Thanks again. Us inbred islanders(or were we the sorority girls, I can’t remember) have to stick together.

Dalmore is top notch single malt scotch but I the Balvenie 21 is a very special dram. Savor a taste of it straight then add a drop or two of water and it opens a whole new range of flavors or notes as expert tasters call it. My palate is not refined enough to distinguish them all but it is amazing.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Im really hoping this thread takes the twisties subject and goes a different direction. I really think there is potential here with teenage to young 20 females wearing tights. Speaking of...McKayla Maroney is 25 years old, is a smoke show and has nice twisties.
marony3-780x470.jpg

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Im really hoping this thread takes the twisties subject and goes a different direction. I really think there is potential here with teenage to young 20 females wearing tights. Speaking of...McKayla Maroney is 25 years old, is a smoke show and has nice twisties.
marony3-780x470.jpg
Multi-gold medalist Aly Raisman is all grownsed up too, she's 27.

66e903cb003770c4d1e4941157dcdda0.jpg

Aly-Raisman-Sexy-10-thefappening.so_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator