Founding Member
tumblr_mnrm80y8Aa1ql35ieo1_500.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They don't think they're going to lose. But there are still plenty that give up who have everything going for them. .
There are plenty of PEOPLE like that. Probably most people, likely almost everyone.

All of the selections for military special ops are to find the people who just wont quit, no matter what comes at them. There are other things, proving you have elite or at least well above average shooting, fitness, land navigation, swimming skills etc but by and large the whole process is just to find the people who JUST WONT QUIT and can function well under enormous stress.

It has nothing to do with race.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
if you're going to argue the post then argue it, don't skirt it. How many of those black folks that you knew thought they were going to lose? Versus how many had the confidence that they could defeat any obstacle? That's the difference in my post and your milquetoast reply.

i won't argue that the S. FL jews you grew up with are Wolowitz soft, but that's SFL.

Ok Alky, I feel like you’re on the cusp of a vacation, so real quick. Had a chance to get either a Balvenie 21 Portwood or Dalmore Cigar Reserve as a gift. I went with the Balvenie. Right call?

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
All of the selections for military special ops are to find the people who just wont quit, no matter what comes at them. There are other things, proving you have elite or at least well above average shooting, fitness, land navigation, swimming skills etc but by and large the whole process is just to find the people who JUST WONT QUIT and can function well under enormous stress.

It has nothing to do with race.

False. It has *everything* to do with race. Why? because COURAGE has no color ... on accounta it's WHITE. Also, black people are terrible swimmers, which means they should be disqualified from the SEAL program.

I'm with alcoholica on this one.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Choking under the pressure of high expectations is not a mental illness. If Tom Brady did something like this and claimed "mental health," he'd be ripped to shreds by the media. Same with most male heterosexual athletes.

The Biles situation certainly doesn't validate feminist arguments and gender equality. It's clear the media has significantly lower standards for women when it comes to handling pressure and the natural stress included in competition.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ok Alky, I feel like you’re on the cusp of a vacation, so real quick. Had a chance to get either a Balvenie 21 Portwood or Dalmore Cigar Reserve as a gift. I went with the Balvenie. Right call?

Nah, that's Scotch, the drink of inbred islanders or those conquered by inbred islanders. Almost as bad as rum, which is for sorority girls and bicurious males.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Remind me of the times that a male athlete quit in the middle of the competition and was praised and labeled a hero, which is the topic of discussion since you seem to have lost focus.

I cannot recall one, even after consulting Scottie Pippin, so maybe I don’t have much experience at “high level sports “ whatever the he!! That is.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Yeah, but what if that other option sitting on the bench hasn’t really brought much to the team as of yet? Does that alter the path you take?

I guess the team achieving the Silver metal and Suni Li winning all around gold answers the question.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So I am seeing a lot of focus on the “twisties” on this thread over the last day or so. As well as on tv.

So which is it? The pressure? Because that was all the early comments from her.

Or the “twisties” which seems to be some sort of physical/mental ailment similar to the yips in baseball?

You can’t have it both ways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.