Warning: Political Takes So ends college athletics.....

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
New rule helps us even the play for pay problem with the Alabama’s of the world. Should make recruiting easier for Dumper Dan!

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
My two boys get $1 per tackle, $5 per sack and $10 per touchdown. I was out over $300 last season, I'm renegotiating the terms this year . :lol:

be careful... they may unionize

fOkq8kKVNzJb8QKACi5Ec7dg6dWOPN2083CUkGlnNlV8EJxNvm-oit2-AxrTt5hCHqtfM53a-KZUBMcAWsjoUVDueaXepw-I8Sv6P1hZeg

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I think it will but largely because the "Stars" will end up rolling in endorsement dollars while the people who help make them successful, i.e. the lineman, will not.

Do i think it will destroy the game, no...do I think it will change some things, yes
giphy.gif

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Just let me know when I and the rest of tax payers no longer have to fork out our hard earned money to support education programs that ultimately end up as tax dollars bundled into scholarships. If the kids are monetized, then they don't need my help anymore.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I really have no idea what you’re thinking. My opinion is it will have zero effect on team chemistry.

Huge affect in the locker room. Some teams will be able to contain it, but college kids aren't pros. And even the pros almost always talk about how they enjoyed football more in college. Sure the money in the NFL changes things and they wouldn't trade it, but the love of the game changes and a big part of that is the difference in the locker room.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So a point and a question...

Boosters will absolutely be paying players. It will be through some LLC that doesn't donate to the University. Hell, they may create an LLC just for this. While not technically paying, they will be filtering money to the kids. And all of this will have a huge impact on recruiting.

Question is, does this filter down to HS sports? If college players can get paid, why not HS kids?

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Another question, how long until a player is indicted for tax fraud, and sues the University, because they guided him through the process

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator