Warning: Political Takes So ends college athletics.....

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Am I the only one who thinks the NIL will end up fracturing teams internally? You think LaQuan Brown is going to be happy making 1K while blocking for a QB who gets all the highlights thus getting better endorsements?

All of these athletes think they’re worth millions when in reality a very few are and I can imagine while they all look “together” on this, it will change when the money starts rolling in.

This ^^

There's a reason why Keith Jackson dubbed them 'The Big Uglies'.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Why would the college locker room be any different than the pros?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Because in the pros they are all on contract and it is all they do. In college they are given room and board. Everyone is getting the same. With NIL it all changes.
I really have no idea what you’re thinking. My opinion is it will have zero effect on team chemistry.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I really have no idea what you’re thinking. My opinion is it will have zero effect on team chemistry.

I think it will but largely because the "Stars" will end up rolling in endorsement dollars while the people who help make them successful, i.e. the lineman, will not.

Do i think it will destroy the game, no...do I think it will change some things, yes

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think it will but largely because the "Stars" will end up rolling in endorsement dollars while the people who help make them successful, i.e. the lineman, will not.

Do i think it will destroy the game, no...do I think it will change some things, yes
The “stars” get doted on from pee wee on up. Always have and always will. This changes nothing.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

In the pros, there are set contracts that are negotiated individually. Its a business. They are making money for playing football from the organization they are playing for. That won't happen in college. The college can't pay the players. That is the difference. Only kids making money are those getting all the TDs and mostly skill positions. That is the same in the pros except everyone is getting paid in the pros.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
In the pros, there are set contracts that are negotiated individually. Its a business. They are making money for playing football from the organization they are playing for. That won't happen in college. The college can't pay the players. That is the difference. Only kids making money are those getting all the TDs and mostly skill positions. That is the same in the pros except everyone is getting paid in the pros.
OK?

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
The “stars” get doted on from pee wee on up. Always have and always will. This changes nothing.

Money changes things and you really can't ignore that. Again, it won't destroy the college game like some think it will but there is now a new element added to things.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I really don't see this hurting chemistry. The smart teams/programs will have a staffer (or two or ten), who will keep up with everyone's endorsements. The stars will take care of themselves - they'll have their pick of endorsements, but the O-linemen, or back-up linebacker, or 5th string running back, for example will need a little help. So the staffer(s) will reach out to some wealthy fan/alum who won't care whose likeness he's sponsoring as long as he thinks it will help the program. Hell, they might even arrange package deals where you get the star QB to endorse your product, but he's bringing a few teammates along and you're paying for them too.
And the next year when recruiting some 5* Offensive Tackle, someone will point out to said recruit how well the program's lineman are doing with endorsements.....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Because in the pros they are all on contract and it is all they do. In college they are given room and board. Everyone is getting the same. With NIL it all changes.
is there a amount of time that this rantathon is going to continue?

it clearly makes your pussy burn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.