So when are we going to get news out of camp?

How many passing yards will UF have in Week 1?

• 149 or less

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • 150 - 199

Votes: 28 22.2%
  • 200 - 249

Votes: 51 40.5%
  • 250 - 299

Votes: 25 19.8%
  • 300+

Votes: 13 10.3%

• Total voters

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I like the kid. He didn't gripe or complain when he was benched last year. He cheered LDR from the sideline. I wish him well. He simply isn't D-1 quality.

Agree. He gets a bad rap usually without substantiation on his attitude. He seems to be a good kid. I was very impressed last year with how he supported LDR. It’s got to be tough knowing a lot of Gator fans literally can’t stand him personally or as a QB. He is attacked personally. It’s got to be tough but he seems to handle it as well as could be expected.

His sin that has brought this wrath is he did not play well as a R/S freshman. I don’t know if he will turn the corner or not but I damn well will be rooting for him.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
After beer # 3 and fireball # 2 about the only player that comes to mind at this very moment that I did not like is Calloway.

He’s just so f’ing Stupid that it couldn’t be glossed over.

I’m generally positive about these kids but I have to agree on this.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Agree. He gets a bad rap usually without substantiation on his attitude. He seems to be a good kid. I was very impressed last year with how he supported LDR. It’s got to be tough knowing a lot of Gator fans literally can’t stand him personally or as a QB. He is attacked personally. It’s got to be tough but he seems to handle it as well as could be expected.

His sin that has brought this wrath is he did not play well as a R/S freshman. I don’t know if he will turn the corner or not but I damn well will be rooting for him.

He is young but he showed that Mac attitude a few times with the press being defensive acting like they were idiots questioning whether he and the team had got better or not during the season after that Georgia beatdown etc. He might not be the brightest kid but he has a little attitude to him - not as bad as LDR had it however. Maybe I am being rough on him considering what he sees the fans saying I guess.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
He is young but he showed that Mac attitude a few times with the press being defensive acting like they were idiots questioning whether he and the team had got better or not during the season after that Georgia beatdown etc. He might not be the brightest kid but he has a little attitude to him - not as bad as LDR had it however. Maybe I am being rough on him considering what he sees the fans saying I guess.
He is the highest odds starter. Let's see if he goes back to his interception ways.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He is the highest odds starter. Let's see if he goes back to his interception ways.

He actually kept those down some prior to FSU just by doing other crazy stuff instead but he comes off to me like he will definitely throw more as he tries to do more. We have to hope he has really changed or Trask can play better.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Option from the I formation? That isn't our option.

Try this, super simple even for the professors among us who claimed to have played but actually don't seem to understand the basics.

This is the bread and butter Creyer/Mullen play, sometimes getting 30 or more calls a game. (The other bread and butters are simple izzy/ozzies.)

As you can see the player being allowed to run free, usually an end, but sometimes other players, essentially gets to pick which player carries, assuming the QB reads it right. I say assuming bc it isn't always the case for us at least. Leak always gave regardless, Trey Burton also kept, and Dipshytskel couldn't figure it out so they pulled the read part and just called it for him ahead of time.

There is almost no RPO (or Waggles to the old guys). That is Oregon, Okie, Barn stuff and it wouldn't work with our QBs because it requires very quick very precise passes.

Just grabed the first option video I saw... shows the importance of the qb, in a two back set.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Just grabed the first option video I saw... shows the importance of the qb, in a two back set.
A QB is important in every system. Franks is more athletic and Trask is a better passer who played in a spread offense in high school. We need them both in a physical SEC season. New system mistakes will be made.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A QB is important in every system. Franks is more athletic and Trask is a better passer who played in a spread offense in high school. We need them both. New system mistakes will be made.
Frash played in a spread in HS.

Trash watched someone else play in a spread in HS.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
He got 1400 yards rushing so not all watching. Obviously got to practice in the system for years. Better than coming in cold.

So Mighty Gator Football has reached the new low of debating the starting merits of a kid who couldn’t even start on his high school team. Let that sink in.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Don't forget, Mullen handled Leak without making him run. Lord Leak shied from running. No I'm not equating our present QBs to passer Leak. I'm saying Mullen dealt with a non-running QB in ways to not insist he run. If you want to insist that we have 2 non-running, non-passing QBs well where's the gain in that? Mullen/Johnson certainly will not give up like that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My bad the article about Trask was describing the QB in front of Trask's rushing yards not Trask's.
cool. 1400 yards is in a lot either really but there is some video of him making some nice runs.

trash looks better than I ever expected him to running too also. he had a little Jelly Belly when he got here. at least he has worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator