So when are we going to get news out of camp?

How many passing yards will UF have in Week 1?

• 149 or less

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • 150 - 199

Votes: 28 22.2%
  • 200 - 249

Votes: 51 40.5%
  • 250 - 299

Votes: 25 19.8%
  • 300+

Votes: 13 10.3%

• Total voters

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
It seems we will not hear about Camp until August 31 or later

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
I would argue Harris kept us in better positions in games for the defense to pull out a win than Franks does for us with the Driskeling crazy mess.
Don't get me wrong, as I don't think Franks is a superstar, Franks will be better than Harris was for Mac.

Franks has more throws he can do. Harris was at a disadvantage as he was a short spread QB in a pro offense. Franks is athletic so he can run in the spread (81 yard run versus Texas A&M) and he has a stronger arm than Harris and he can see over the middle better.

Harris was a good sport when he was put in a difficult situation in Mac's pro style offense which he did not fit in. Harris would fit in better in Mullen's offense. My point is Harris was a worse QB in Mac's pro system than Franks is in Mullen's system.

Last edited:

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
If the QB isnt a run threat then the defense just takes the TB on the option and forces a keep. There is no run game. You cant have that.

Mullinz has proven he can play with a guy who cant pass, see Fitzgerald. He has been terrible with guys who cant run.
If there was ONLY a tail back run threat then maybe. That is not the case with UF who has WRs like Toney who are very good reverse runners. Defenses that load up to stop our tail backs will regret it.

Depends on the personnel surrounding Mullen's QB. If defenses load up to stop the tail backs Trask can also pass the ball to UF's 4 star and a 5 star WRs or even the TEs. Mullen did not have the WR talent that he now has while he was at Mississippi State.

Last edited:

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
If there was ONLY a tail back run threat then maybe. That is not the case with UF who has WRs like Toney who are very good runners like the tail backs are. Defenses that load up to stop our tail backs will regret it.

Depends on the personnel surrounding Trask. If defenses load up to stop the tail backs Trask can also pass the ball to UF's 4 star and a 5 star WRs or even the TEs. Mullen did not have the WR talent that he now has while he was at Mississippi State.

You think it's Trask?

I hope so but I have my doubts. Last year I wanted LDR to start.

It's about accuracy and just managing the team. I don't think FF has it BUT I'm no coach and I don't play one on TV.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
You think it's Trask?

I hope so but I have my doubts. Last year I wanted LDR to start.

It's about accuracy and just managing the team. I don't think FF has it BUT I'm no coach and I don't play one on TV.
Don't know who it will be and think we need all three of these QBs. I like Trask's ability to see the field better than Franks'.

Donkey was claiming UF's offense would fail because Trask is not the best runner . Mullen says Trask is a willing runner. So when defenses rightly put less focus on him I expect him to get short yardage but not break away yardage. If they leave Trask alone he could get the ball out to our talented 4 and 5 star WRs or TE. Mississippi St. did not have as many good WRs as UF has.

When Mullen had Chris Leak he was a worse runner than Trask and UF's offense won the national championship with all of our good WRs then. Of course Chris Leak is a better passer than Trask and Franks. Bottomline is that a good passer/ bad runner QB did have success with Mullen at UF. If Trask can accurately complete passes then the UF offense can succeed.

We will see who Mullen picks. If he picks Franks and he starts throwing to many interceptions again then I think Mullen will pull Franks. If he picks Trask he will play until he gets injured again and then we will see Franks.

Last edited:

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Don't know who it will be and think we need all three of these QBs. Donkey was claiming UF's offense would fail because Trask is not the best runner . Mullen says Trask is a willing runner. So when defenses rightly put less focus on him I expect him to get short yardage but not break away yardage. If they leave Trask alone he could get the ball out to our WRs or TE.

Trask is more accurate.

He laid out Moon in a tackling drill in practice - The boy will lower his shoulder and stick it! Tebow Lite.

I'd like Trask/Jones like Leak/Tebow but most are still claiming Franks.

Mullen says there is/will be ONE QB

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Trask is more accurate.

He laid out Moon in a tackling drill in practice - The boy will lower his shoulder and stick it! Tebow Lite.

Franks seems to be in closer with the players from the reports we get.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Trask is more accurate.

Trask is not as strong as Tebow and could get injured doing that hence why I think we need all 3 of these QBs. There are LBs much bigger than Moon who can push Trask the other direction. .

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Trask is not as strong as Tebow and could get injured doing that hence why I think we need all 3 of these QBs. There are LBs much bigger than Moon who can push Trask the other direction. .

I hear ya BUT Mullen is saying just the opposite.

I favor Trask BUT will support Mullen 100%

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I think FF starts week One, but Trask comes in with the ones and lights it up. Trask will start against KY-jelly but struggles. Then FF is our street the rest of the year

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If there was ONLY a tail back run threat then maybe. That is not the case with UF who has WRs like Toney who are very good reverse runners. .
You clearly dont have the first fuggin clue what an option is.

It would be better if you just kept your piehole shut.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
'Donkey was claiming UF's offense would fail because Trask is not the best runner . Mullen says Trask is a willing runner. .
Thats not at all what Mullinz said.

He said he MUST have at least a willing runner. And every QB on the field to including Jake Allen and Nick Sproles ran the ball several times.

Except the dude who took the most snaps, Trash, who played first half and second half w walkons. Trash ran zero times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator