So when are we going to get news out of camp?

How many passing yards will UF have in Week 1?

• 149 or less

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • 150 - 199

Votes: 28 22.2%
  • 200 - 249

Votes: 51 40.5%
  • 250 - 299

Votes: 25 19.8%
  • 300+

Votes: 13 10.3%

• Total voters

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I figured it out. Trask ran donkey over and shamed him in front of people who say they actually like him. Imagine that. He will never be able to let it go.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Thats not at all what Mullinz said.

He said he MUST have at least a willing runner. And every QB on the field to including Jake Allen and Nick Sproles ran the ball several times.

Except the dude who took the most snaps, Trash, who played first half and second half w walkons. Trash ran zero times.
Are you ever right Donkey?

Aug 5, 2018 - Redshirt sophomore Kyle Trask has yet to see a single snap for ... running around, but he's a very willing runner, and he runs physical as a big ...

"He believes Trask is “very conscientious” doing what the coaches ask and loves both his overall size in the pocket and the fact that he’s a better runner than most give him credit for being.

“There’s a benefit to size at the quarterback position and why people like it because it’s just easier to see with things. So he does a great job of standing tall in the pocket and seeing what’s going on to distribute the ball. He’s got a bunch of arm talent in that he can make throws at different angles on different levels and be accurate with it,” Mullen said of the 6-foot-5, 239-pounder.

“… He’s not Michael Vick back there running around, but he’s a very willing runner, and he runs physical as a big guy. I think that he’s more than capable to do everything we need him to do and be really successful at it. Those are the things that he brings to the table. As a runner, sometimes you look and say, ‘Boy, is he a great runner?’ No, I’ve always said you have to be a willing runner. The one thing he does is he’s willing and he’s physical about his style of running when we’ve done it.”

Florida football's quest to find a star quarterback enters Year 9 with another battle ongoing

Last edited:

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
You clearly dont have the first fuggin clue what an option is.

It would be better if you just kept your piehole shut.
You clearly don't have an idea what Mullen's spread is. Look at all those WRs spread all over the field. At UF those spread out WRs will be superior athletes to the ones he had at MSU and having a QB who can get the ball to them is a weapon. Trask on run pass option can be lethal with our WRs if he is accurate with his passes. We will see.

"Mullen has been successful with quarterbacks of all different shapes and sizes, something he’s been keen to point out throughout his career, as though having a running quarterback makes you any less of a coach. Alex Smith, Tim Tebow, Chris Leake, Dak Prescott, Nick Fitzgerald, Mullen has won with them all."

Film Room: Dan Mullen's offense is just what Florida needs

"When Mullen lost to bigger sides at Mississippi State, it was traditionally because his side had inferior athletes. His receivers couldn’t uncover against 1–on-1 coverage, or the offensive line was overwhelmed by a group of players who were bigger, faster or stronger.

Athletes-in-space football breaks down when their athletes are better than yours."

I

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Do not care for Franks' attitude.

@BailieghCarlton: Kyle Trask and Feleipe Franks have slightly different approaches and mindsets with the decision for starter coming up soon. Take a read and let me know which perspective you think is best. Florida Gators quarterbacks take different perspectives to competition | GatorCountry.com

So I get what he is trying to do. He’s trying to prove that it’s not about him and that it’s about the team. He’s trying to show that the brand is bigger than any one person. He’s trying to offset the notion that he will create a distraction if he doesn’t start.

Problem is that it comes off like he really doesn’t care. Whether that is the case or not.

Urban had that mantra that iron sharpens iron. I think we have a real problem when your seasoned QB just seems flippant instead of dialed in. And wanting to be the best and wanting to lead this team to a championship.

I thought for sure that Frankswas going to open the season as the starter no matter what. But with Trask coming on toward the end of camp and with it dragging out as much as it has, I think Trask may very well get the nod.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
So I get what he is trying to do. He’s trying to prove that it’s not about him and that it’s about the team. He’s trying to show that the brand is bigger than any one person. He’s trying to offset the notion that he will create a distraction if he doesn’t start.

Problem is that it comes off like he really doesn’t care. Whether that is the case or not.

Urban had that mantra that iron sharpens iron. I think we have a real problem when your seasoned QB just seems flippant instead of dialed in. And wanting to be the best and wanting to lead this team to a championship.

I thought for sure that Frankswas going to open the season as the starter no matter what. But with Trask coming on toward the end of camp and with it dragging out as much as it has, I think Trask may very well get the nod.

I didn’t read flippant into any of that. Team first and always is what I read. We have 3 less than All-American qbs. But they are all really putting in the effort. If not coach would have already announced the starter.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Dooley today:

It was hardly surprising UF coach Dan Mullen did not name a starting quarterback Monday and he may not until game day. My theory all along has been that he will play all three and then name the real starter for the Kentucky game, but he shot that theory down like it was the first wave of aliens on the old Space Invaders game. The starter against Charleston Southern will be the starter. Unless there is an injury. Or unless he doesn’t play well. All signs point to Feleipe Franks, but who really knows? What I do know is that people who watched the Sunday night scrimmage came away impressed with the quarterback play and the way they were handled and coached by the staff. It’s not surprising that there would be a big jump from the Monday scrimmage to the Sunday scrimmage because the quarterbacks are getting more used to the offense. My insiders tell me that quarterback will not be a problem for Florida this year. Is that smile on your face real or sarcastic?

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
I didn’t read flippant into any of that. Team first and always is what I read. We have 3 less than All-American qbs. But they are all really putting in the effort. If not coach would have already announced the starter.
We need all three of them and I expect mistakes from whoever starts with the installation of a new system. Franks needs to get out of the interception habit and Trask needs to build confidence in his first college games if he plays or starts.

Trask's answer was confident. Confidence to me has been his issue so that was good to hear.

Last edited:

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
I agree with the caveat that he’s ready.

I still think Toney might be the most effective option.

I don’t think Jones is ready at all, or maybe I should say we’ve heard nothing to indicate he is. If the drop off between the three is so small then I agree with Jones. The future is now.

I do think that would make this a throw away year and even all the Jones advocates will struggle to accept his learning curve.

I just know I’m sick of losing.

DMVGator

Aug 15, 2018
We need all three of them and I expect mistakes from whoever starts with the installation of a new system. Franks needs to get out of the interception habit and Trask needs to build confidence in his first college games if he plays or starts.

Trask's answer was confident. Confidence to me has been his issue so that was good to hear.

Franks not being worried = confidence to me. Dude isn’t worried because he knows he’s the starter.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
To paraphrase the quote: If you’re not worried then you’re not paying attention.
I like the kid. He didn't gripe or complain when he was benched last year. He cheered LDR from the sideline. I wish him well. He simply isn't D-1 quality.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Option from the I formation? That isn't our option.

Try this, super simple even for the professors among us who claimed to have played but actually don't seem to understand the basics.

This is the bread and butter Creyer/Mullen play, sometimes getting 30 or more calls a game. (The other bread and butters are simple izzy/ozzies.)

As you can see the player being allowed to run free, usually an end, but sometimes other players, essentially gets to pick which player carries, assuming the QB reads it right. I say assuming bc it isn't always the case for us at least. Leak always gave regardless, Trey Burton also kept, and Dipshytskel couldn't figure it out so they pulled the read part and just called it for him ahead of time.

There is almost no RPO (or Waggles to the old guys). That is Oregon, Okie, Barn stuff and it wouldn't work with our QBs because it requires very quick very precise passes.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I like the kid. He didn't gripe or complain when he was benched last year. He cheered LDR from the sideline. I wish him well. He simply isn't D-1 quality.
I don't know what he fits because he isn't a pocket passer. Let's hope he runs more like his HS film before Butter sharkfvkked his brain and can occasional complete passes while throwing it over the snoozing safeties. Anything in front of the backers make me very very nervous.

Last edited:

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015

After beer # 3 and fireball # 2 about the only player that comes to mind at this very moment that I did not like is Calloway.

He’s just so f’ing Stupid that it couldn’t be glossed over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator