So....where do we go from here?

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Does it matter? Mac is a dead man walking, everyone knows it including him. Only question is, how long will it take for him to be fired? My guess is end of next year.
After looking at his buyout I think he gets 2 more years.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
After looking at his buyout I think he gets 2 more years.
Which leads to the question: why in the hell do they give such crazy buyout clauses in these contracts, especially for unproven "coaches"? You would have thought they would have learned after Chimp.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Which leads to the question: why in the hell do they give such crazy buyout clauses in these contracts, especially for unproven "coaches"? You would have thought they would have learned after Chimp.
He wasn't the ad when chimp was here. His contract runs through 2022 and they owe him 2.5 a year if they fire him. No way they pay him for more than 3 years

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Does anybody on the PLANET think that Mac is going to turn this ship around? Of course he isn't. So stop fiddling around and fire this idiot now.

gatyr

Oct 3, 2014
1. fire butters, nuss, nord.
2. let randy shannon be interim
3. throw 7 -8 mil a year at leach or babers.
4. kick a$$

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He wasn't the ad when chimp was here. His contract runs through 2022 and they owe him 2.5 a year if they fire him. No way they pay him for more than 3 years

That is effing insane. Why the hell would you do that?

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Does it matter? Mac is a dead man walking, everyone knows it including him. Only question is, how long will it take for him to be fired? My guess is end of next year.
You know, I really do think he knows it and may have already talked with the AD about stepping down at the end. I can see that happening. He doesn't need the money and this coaching thing is a little too big for him in FL. He really does act like he's on the final stretch. Another indicator is how our O actually started the game with a pulse.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Its not the QBs...its the coaching...Mac AND Chimp...just look at all the success our former QBs have now...

Sep 23, 2017
For those who still want to battle to go 6-5 and maybe punch a ticket for Shreveport, coaching up Zaire with a read-option heavy offense is probably the way to go. But for those of us who expect more of this program, it's time to tank as hard as we possibly can to rid this program of the cancer that is Jim Mcelwain. It's 2013 all over again, and we need to suffer a few more painful losses now to have a better future to look forward to. Worst case scenario, I think, is a short-lived rally to somehow beat Georgia and win the east just to get destroyed by Bama again from the very first snap, and have butters keep hanging around for the next 2-3 years. It sucks, but that's where we're at right now. Butters has to go, at all costs, before we can move forward as a program.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Franks is simply not ready but these coaches cannot prepare anyone. Mac blames the game on the punter kicking to their guy in the 4th when "the plan" was to kick it away from him. If that was the plan then why did the kick go right to their guy? Because these coaches cannot communicate, cannot hold the players accountable, and cannot see what jackasses they are.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Franks is simply not ready but these coaches cannot prepare anyone. Mac blames the game on the punter kicking to their guy in the 4th when "the plan" was to kick it away from him. If that was the plan then why did the kick go right to their guy? Because these coaches cannot communicate, cannot hold the players accountable, and cannot see what jackasses they are.

Bingo ding Ding Ding. I have been saying that since year 1 of the Butters regime. I just returned from the game and while leaving I actually had someone say to me, a total stranger, that Butters is worse at managing the game than Zook ever was. Now that is all I needed to hear from a total stranger, as I have been saying that going on 2+ years. Butters is a moron. Totally mismanaged the final 10 seconds of the half, the 5th game in a row he has made a totally egrigious error that a Pop Warner coach would not make,. Team gets a punt deflected right out of the half by letting a guy come free right up the middle. In the 1st half on that shovel pass that A&M tried that was incomplete, but the refs initially missed it, Butters was screaming for a review, but A&M got to the line so fast they almost got it snapped. Doesn't Butters know that you can take a timeout, challenge it,, and when you win the challenge b/c the incomplete was obvious, you don;t lose a timeout nor do you lose a challenge. Butters is a total moron. Team can't make 3rd down and one yard. Here is an idea. You have a QB who is almost 250 lbs. and 6'5" How about a QB sneak for a change. Butters is a moron. Also had a guy tell me he hates Butters, but hates NussNuts worse. I said that Butters is NussNuts and NussNuts is Butters to which he agreed.!!! Goodbye Butters. Your ability to manage a game is laughable and no longer sad. If Butters actually tried to be a worse coach than he is already, he would fail. he could not be worse even if he did try to be!!!!! Goodbye JACKA$$

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think some of you are over reacting when it comes to Franks. Other than the last INT, which was a good read but a bad throw, he played a decent game. Had a 65% completion percentage and a really nice run that lead to a TD. Nuss was crapping his pants with his playcalls on that drive and Franks' big impromptu run play kept the game close. He's obviously playing a year too early but his the most talented player we have.

Also his deep balls were pretty good too even though they weren't completed or intercepted. I think Cleveland's absence hurt quite a bit. Cleveland can make the 50/50 plays that no other WR one this team can. Anyways let Franks continue to gain experience for the future. I think he could do well under a competent coaching staff.

Speaking of which, this coaching staff is horrible, but we already knew that. No one really thought we'd win. If you did, then you haven't been watching gator football in years. There is no hope for this team as long as Mac is leading it.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think some of you are over reacting when it comes to Franks. Other than the last INT, which was a good read but a bad throw, he played a decent game. Had a 65% completion percentage and a really nice run that lead to a TD. Nuss was crapping his pants with his playcalls on that drive and Franks' big impromptu run play kept the game close. He's obviously playing a year too early but his the most talented player we have.

Also his deep balls were pretty good too even though they weren't completed or intercepted. I think Cleveland's absence hurt quite a bit. Cleveland can make the 50/50 plays that no other WR one this team can. Anyways let Franks continue to gain experience for the future. I think he could do well under a competent coaching staff.

Speaking of which, this coaching staff is horrible, but we already knew that. No one really thought we'd win. If you did, then you haven't been watching gator football in years. There is no hope for this team as long as Mac is leading it.

He didn't play a decent game unless we are really lowering the standards now.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Other than the last INT, which was a good read but a bad throw, he played a decent game. Had a 65% completion percentage and a really nice run that lead to a TD.

Sorry but if you throw 26 times for 129 yards, your completion percentage is irrelevant. All defenses are more than willing to let you complete passes dink passes. So anyone can have a high completion percentage when you are throwing such passes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.