Some love here for Mark Thompson

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
So aggie, did you join just to post that one article or are you going to become a lifetime member?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
From the article:
Mark Thompson - Florida

The Skinny: The No. 1 JUCO tailback recruit logs in at a beastly 6'2" 242 pounds. Not-so-skinny would probably be a better lead-in here.

The Concern: Depending on a JUCO transfer to emerge can be a dicey proposition at best and Thompson's case is hurt by the presence of two highly-touted sophomore running backs and a Florida offense that has lacked punch for quite some time.

The Upside: Size, strength, and the brute force of a rhino. Head coach Jim McElwain referred to Thompson as "an SEC back" and has a tendency to rely on one guy to carry the load. If reports from practice can be trusted, it appears that Thompson is set to be that guy.

The Verdict: Florida tailbacks rushed for 17 touchdowns last season and with the offense breaking in a new quarterback, expect that trend to continue - and expect Mark Thompson to be out in front of the pack.

SR_Aggie

Aug 6, 2016
So aggie, did you join just to post that one article or are you going to become a lifetime member?
Great question GatorTag - I'm a Michigan State guy through and through but have always had a indescribable love for Danny Wuerffel's wonderfully thrown TD passes. I will say this - for some reason that I can't explain, I have always despised Florida State...that's gotta be worth something right?

But really, I wanted to throw the love I feel for Thompson to people that will appreciate it. :)

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Great question GatorTag - I'm a Michigan State guy through and through but have always had a indescribable love for Danny Wuerffel's wonderfully thrown TD passes. I will say this - for some reason that I can't explain, I have always despised Florida State...that's gotta be worth something right?

But really, I wanted to throw the love I feel for Thompson to people that will appreciate it. :)

MSU - yet there's an Aggie in your name. Son or daughter go to an Aggie school?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

So you're a Michigan State fan who happened to see a small blurb on Thompson on a fantasy football website, and you figured you'd join a Gator board just to post the article? :crazy:

There has to be more to this.

SR_Aggie

Aug 6, 2016
MSU - yet there's an Aggie in your name. Son or daughter go to an Aggie school?
Haha, neither. Son's only 1, so he's got a way to go - Actually it's still a Michigan State reference as they were the Aggies decades ago before they were the Spartans

SR_Aggie

Aug 6, 2016
So you're a Michigan State fan who happened to see a small blurb on Thompson on a fantasy football website, and you figured you'd join a Gator board just to post the article? :crazy:

There has to be more to this.
Yes, a little more...I wrote the article and wanted to post it to forums where people could appreciate the love for their players. I'm a college football junkie to the nth degree. I believe what I said...love Thompson this year and can't wait to watch him run.

SR_Aggie

Aug 6, 2016
No kidding ... did not know that.
Agricultural school first so hence the Aggies. There was a vote to change name and the Michigan State Staters won. Thankfully someone was wise enough to realize this was terrible and they ended up going with Spartans.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Agricultural school first so hence the Aggies. There was a vote to change name and the Michigan State Staters won. Thankfully someone was wise enough to realize this was terrible and they ended up going with Spartans.
Will you post some fantasy football info here this season? Me and this guy named gatordiddy are getting raped on draftkings.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, a little more...I wrote the article and wanted to post it to forums where people could appreciate the love for their players. I'm a college football junkie to the nth degree. I believe what I said...love Thompson this year and can't wait to watch him run.
:lol:

What you did is try and get free advertising, something blatantly against the rules. But you seem like a nice guy so I'll let it slide this time.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

What you did is try and get free advertising, something blatantly against the rules.

Unbelievable. :shakehead:

Also unbelievable is the amount of money I make a week on the internet! I made over $15,000 just last month! Ask me how!

SR_Aggie

Aug 6, 2016

What you did is try and get free advertising, something blatantly against the rules. But you seem like a nice guy so I'll let it slide this time.
Oops, I can only plead ignorance. If you have to remove, I completely respect that - no worries. But like I said, I may just add two cents in every now and then :)

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Naw, no biggie. Just get an avatar.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I can definitely do that - I love talking fantasy football....maybe I'll jump on here as a regular board...
While you're here, can you tell me if there's a better college fantasy football website than fantrax? Me and some buddies have used it a few times and i didn't care for it much

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
While you're here, can you tell me if there's a better college fantasy football website than fantrax? Me and some buddies have used it a few times and i didn't care for it much

Leave him alone T

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator