SOURCE: Locker room is divided, young players looking to transfer

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
These kind of accusations, when true, are usually the death knell of a program.

We DO have a seniority issue. We ARE terribly undisciplined. And if my eyes did not deceive me Saturday, we DID play like a team that sorely lacked leadership and did not particularly care.

You have my blessings to begin the funeral party.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I wasn't necessarily wanting this to become it's own thread, just mentioned it in Truth's thread.

She did have some positive things to say. She said his recruitment went very well and UF did a good job (which is why he flipped to us). She was positive on the young players, said her son and AR are very good friends. She said he's almost 240lbs (which is probably why Fat Todd won't play him), good job w/ S&C. She agreed Fat Todd needs to go, along w/ some of the other assistants. She likes Robinson though. When we were down, she said, "Even if we win, Dan needs to make a lot of changes....". None of her comments were 'sour grapes' either, she agrees her son will be in the rotation after this season (when the seniors move on) and wasn't necessarily too upset he wasn't playing. One big gripe that I forgot to mention - about the rotation, was why they didn't allow the young guys to get in the games late? (meaning, why are starters playing the last series or two or three when we're up big?). She said that is a big reason why we may see younger guys transfer out (lack of playing time in blowouts) - it's a big deal for them because they work so hard and don't even get in late.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Probably one of the main things that keeps 5 star recruits from coming is probably the reputation that no matter how good you are, you won't play any meaningful snaps until your third year. It just makes sense now come to think of it.
That, and our section 8 facilities. If you’re Johnny 5 Star, you’ve got one shot to make it to the league, you have to choose your school wisely.

Good facilities show a commitment to winning, bad facilities show the opposite. if the facilities are lacking, where else are they cheap/failing.

If this is your one and only shot to make millions, who do you go with: the school with drop down ceiling tiles or the one with jet pack equipped laser sharks?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That, and our section 8 facilities. If you’re Johnny 5 Star, you’ve got one shot to make it to the league, you have to choose your school wisely.

Good facilities show a commitment to winning, bad facilities show the opposite. if the facilities are lacking, where else are they cheap/failing.

If this is your one and only shot to make millions, who do you go with: the school with drop down ceiling tiles or the one with jet pack equipped laser sharks?

Alabama could have our facilities and Nick Saban would still get recruits. Because its' there one shot to get into the league, and he has proven over a decade that he will get you there. Facilities are important, but not as important as proving you can get your team into the playoffs and the players into the league.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When do you think the media picks up on this? How much of a mass exodus do you think we will see? Kinda like the basketball team but only worse? Do you think our players mail it in the rest of the season cause they think the coaches don't know what they are doing?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Mullen's downfall will be his own arrogance and thinking he can just win doing the same ole thing.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
When do you think the media picks up on this? How much of a mass exodus do you think we will see? Kinda like the basketball team but only worse? Do you think our players mail it in the rest of the season cause they think the coaches don't know what they are doing?

For clarification, she didn't imply a "mass exodus", just that some of the younger guys will move on - it happens in every program. We lost Rogers from the 2020 class already, for example. I'm not sure who would leave among the "young" players, but I'm sure a few of them are not happy riding the bench w/ a 24 point lead and 2 minutes left in the game. Hell, they can't even get Diwan Black a snap or two other than ST's.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
In his last 9 games, Mullen is 4-5.

Two wins against Tenn, one vs FAU and USF.

Two losses to Bama, one to OU, LSU and UK.

Face it - we are a mediocre program.

EDIT: For comparison, McElwain's last 9 games as a Gator saw him go 4-5 as well.

gat0rjay

Sep 7, 2014

EDIT: For comparison, McElwain's last 9 games as a Gator saw him go 4-5 as well.

man, seeing it like that is an eye opener.

in my book this counts "for cause"

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Alabama could have our facilities and Nick Saban would still get recruits. Because its' there one shot to get into the league, and he has proven over a decade that he will get you there. Facilities are important, but not as important as proving you can get your team into the playoffs and the players into the league.
I don't get the "get them into the league" argument. We get them into the league. Saw Kadarius Toney weave through defenders to convert on third and 18. Prime example of getting a 3 star a big bonus.
Saban recruits brilliantly because he is a brilliant recruiter and he prioritizes it. End of story.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

HOF post if Mullen gets fired this week. Good Luck.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't get the "get them into the league" argument. We get them into the league. Saw Kadarius Toney weave through defenders to convert on third and 18. Prime example of getting a 3 star a big bonus.
Saban recruits brilliantly because he is a brilliant recruiter and he prioritizes it. End of story.

AR, there is getting to the league, and getting a few guys in the league. How many guys the last two years entered the league from Bama and not just got into the league got into the leage with 4 year guaranteed deals (1st round pick) compared to us. Comparatively it's not close. Trask was just as good as Matt Jones, Matt Jones was the 15th overall pick (wasn't a 1st round talent) because he went to Bama. Mullen walks into a WR family living room saying we got Toney in the first round... Saban walks in telling the kid, I got two WRs in the top 20 picks the last two drafts. During the Cowboys/Eagles game, they had Saban on because over 10 starters in that game were Bama players. That is a huge difference.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I wasn't necessarily wanting this to become it's own thread, just mentioned it in Truth's thread.

She did have some positive things to say. She said his recruitment went very well and UF did a good job (which is why he flipped to us). She was positive on the young players, said her son and AR are very good friends. She said he's almost 240lbs (which is probably why Fat Todd won't play him), good job w/ S&C. She agreed Fat Todd needs to go, along w/ some of the other assistants. She likes Robinson though. When we were down, she said, "Even if we win, Dan needs to make a lot of changes....". None of her comments were 'sour grapes' either, she agrees her son will be in the rotation after this season (when the seniors move on) and wasn't necessarily too upset he wasn't playing. One big gripe that I forgot to mention - about the rotation, was why they didn't allow the young guys to get in the games late? (meaning, why are starters playing the last series or two or three when we're up big?). She said that is a big reason why we may see younger guys transfer out (lack of playing time in blowouts) - it's a big deal for them because they work so hard and don't even get in late.

It is okay @BMF, you did not have to try and cool it down and talk anyone off the ledge. Most of us already know Cousin Eddie and his total BS and incompetence. But unlike Tom Cruise, us here at GC can handle the truth. Good work though. Ever thought of becoming a sleuth in retirement. Here they were looking for someone of interest in your new area so maybe you can help them out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator