SOURCE: Mullen safe, staff is not; was mass "flu" a player revolt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not bad, as long as he can recruit like a banshee
I don't know anything about him I'm just spitballing other names.

the fact that he wasn't offered the job at BYU (or anywhere else) when Bronco Mendenhall left seems to be a red flag. they have not been very successful at UVA.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I stopped reading when he quoted Dooley

I've said a few time before that the most nauseating thing about coaching searches is this insistence on bringing in Dooley, and the whole "no ones Gator football like him" accolades. Kind of like the QB whisperer thing, once people hear it, they don't even bother to check it out any more and just assume it's true. I'd say 90% of this board have a better handle on UF football than PD just by virtue of having access to the internet. The other 10% knowingly choose not to and are mostly concentrated in the Brooker, FL area.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I've said a few time before that the most nauseating thing about coaching searches is this insistence on bringing in Dooley, and the whole "no ones Gator football like him" accolades. Kind of like the QB whisperer thing, once people hear it, they don't even bother to check it out any more and just assume it's true. I'd say 90% of this board have a better handle on UF football than PD just by virtue of having access to the internet. The other 10% knowingly choose not to and are mostly concentrated in the Brooker, FL area.
Tactful to omit the street address. :lol:

Last edited:

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

Tom Dooley can't distinguish a trans with a weiner from a natural born woman.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I know kids want to get to the League, but what else? What must our recruiters do? Interested in replies.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
I know kids want to get to the League, but what else? What must our recruiters do? Interested in replies.
Pre-2020 Have posh facilities, winning culture and track record of getting players drafted. Additionally, you have to relate to the kids and win over the Momma's, while dangling the hope for immediate PT.
Post-2020 See above plus have real NIL structure so these kids can get paid.

UF = Shytty facilities, culture of mediocrity and a coaching staff with personalities like a wet bag of rice. Oh and absolute ZERO NIL structure in place.

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017

I think Dooley’s only function at this point is gaslighting any part of the fan base that thinks UF should commit to being a first tier program. He’s like an alcoholic dad who puts down his wife and kids any time they mention the leaking roof and unpaid power bills to anyone outside the house.

His enabling commitment to mediocrity is only rivaled by the mods at GC and the chump who runs alligatorarmy. They all think commitment to excellence is the cancer but they are the cancer. UF couldn’t take the plummet to becoming Virginia and Georgia Tech without them.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not be totally repulsive people?

Or look like this:

7614fd1ca24716.jpg

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
I don't know anything about him I'm just spitballing other names.

the fact that he wasn't offered the job at BYU (or anywhere else) when Bronco Mendenhall left seems to be a red flag. they have not been very successful at UVA.
Umm.. they scored all over or ass in the Orange bowl AND they are 6-3 this year. They have a pretty damn good offense this year with less than stellar talent. No defense but they can score on anyone. Matter of fact if AR wanted a place to transfer, that would be damn good place to go. He would fit right in. Or just sit tight and let it come to him. But the recruiting is another story, not sure how that would go.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Two hours by car from the Jax, Orlando, and Tampa Bay metro areas, and talent rich south Georgia.

Inexcusable to not have a top ten national class every year, unless you are a lazy POS like Dip**** Dan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.